2800mAh? Is this a joke?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Aside from the camera design (ugly cameras seem to be the trend in late 2019), you can add that to the list of step backs from the Pixel 3.

I don't care what kind of optimization magic Google will throw in there, a 2800mAh paired with a 5.7" OLED will not end well.Screenshot_20191003-103548.jpeg

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I struggled with the battery on my Pixel 2 for 2 years. When I saw that they were still planning on using small batteries for the P4, I bought a Note 10. I do miss the pure Android though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yup, that battery doesn't look very big when you consider a 5.7" display and the 90Hz refresh rate. We need to wait for real reviews though.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
We pretty much know everything but the final price on the Pixel 4. I've never had a battery issue with any Pixel phone. My phone use is way below average I'm sure.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The cognitive distortions around this phone are impressive. The "fortune telling/ jumping to conclusions" distortion is the biggest one used. Hardware is great and all but when not used properly due to poor software, all that hardware is a waste. Look at the Razer Phone 2 camera. It had impressive Sony lenses but the pictures were not that great.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Aside from the camera design (ugly cameras seem to be the trend in late 2019), you can add that to the list of step backs from the Pixel 3.

I don't care what kind of optimization magic Google will throw in there, a 2800mAh paired with a 5.7" OLED will not end well.View attachment 311057

There better be some serious optimizing on that chip.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Android 10 had a lot of battery use optimization over 9 - and my charge-to-charge time shows it. With the 4 coming with 10, it shouldn't be that big an issue, but it's still too small for my taste. (Not that it would get me to jump back into the Samsung firepit. I had too many Samsungs go bad during warranty and told it was my fault - when it wasn't. My Pixel 2? They had me send them a debug dump to diagnose a problem, and I had left the phone rooted ... so the dev I was working with just asked me to unroot and send him another dump. [Which I understand - about 25% of the dump was lines thrown in because the phone was rooted, and he wanted the smallest dump possible.])

I just want to see a Pixel with something new. The P2 with the latest Camera 3 port isn't very far below the 4. And I'm still getting updates to 10. I might buy a 5 if they come out with something (other than WiFi 6, which doesn't interest me, because I have no need for it). Or stay on 10 until the 6 comes out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Android 10 had a lot of battery use optimization over 9 - and my charge-to-charge time shows it. With the 4 coming with 10, it shouldn't be that big an issue, but it's still too small for my taste. (Not that it would get me to jump back into the Samsung firepit. I had too many Samsungs go bad during warranty and told it was my fault - when it wasn't. My Pixel 2? They had me send them a debug dump to diagnose a problem, and I had left the phone rooted ... so the dev I was working with just asked me to unroot and send him another dump. [Which I understand - about 25% of the dump was lines thrown in because the phone was rooted, and he wanted the smallest dump possible.])

I just want to see a Pixel with something new. The P2 with the latest Camera 3 port isn't very far below the 4. And I'm still getting updates to 10. I might buy a 5 if they come out with something (other than WiFi 6, which doesn't interest me, because I have no need for it). Or stay on 10 until the 6 comes out.
Good point ..

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
So every time they make battery optimization improvements, they feel like they have to negatively compensate for it by making the battery smaller yet again?

Who approves these decisions??

There is no such thing as too high of battery endurance.

Make it as big as possible AND optimize it as much as possible.

We can have both, so give us both.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
So every time they make battery optimization improvements, they feel like they have to negatively compensate for it by making the battery smaller yet again?

Who approves these decisions??

There is no such thing as too high of battery endurance.

Make it as big as possible AND optimize it as much as possible.

We can have both, so give us both.
Preach, I love it!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They could keep the optimizations and put in a bigger battery then battery life will be even more nuts.

Look what Apple did with the Pro. Made the phone a itty bit thicker and shoved in a bigger battery with better optimizations... and the battery life is praised left and right.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
They could keep the optimizations and put in a bigger battery then battery life will be even more nuts.

Look what Apple did with the Pro. Made the phone a itty bit thicker and shoved in a bigger battery with better optimizations... and the battery life is praised left and right.

Maybe the "skinny phone" fad will give way to the "practical phone" fad. If I had to guess, I'd say battery life is the biggest complaint listed on this forum

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
[/U][/B]

Maybe the "skinny phone" fad will give way to the "practical phone" fad. If I had to guess, I'd say battery life is the biggest complaint listed on this from.

Seems to be. Apple was the last one I would have thought to make something thicker but they did .. and shoved in more capacity.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I mean, is this really any different for a Pixel?

OG Pixel - 2770 mAh
Pixel two - 2700 mAh
Pixel three - 2915 mAh
Pixel four - 2800 mAh

Looks like Google is staying within a traditional range. All generations got me through my day, but the Pixel 2 on Oreo was the best.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
[/U][/B]

Maybe the "skinny phone" fad will give way to the "practical phone" fad. If I had to guess, I'd say battery life is the biggest complaint listed on this from.
I'd love to go back to the days of replaceable batteries. It was sooo much easier . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge