2800mAh? Is this a joke?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. Who knows there might be some pretty good optimization tricks we don't know about.
Right, and I'm sure there are, but still 2800mAh feels a bit... lacking.

3000mAh and I wouldn't have been complaining lol

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
most users do not tweak ONE thing that requires them to open settings. Nothing. I am pretty sure there are real statistics out there that bear this out time ajd time again. So, unless it's part of the initial set up wizard or whatever pixel calls theirs or they do so incidentally by tapping battery saver whenever their battery starts getting low, the VAST majority of ppl will just complain about their battery rather than put even 20 seconds of research into fingering out how to save their battery.

I would actually be very interested to see some kind of study/data about this in particular.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I would actually be very interested to see some kind of study/data about this in particular.
Me too. I have heard that these are actually pretty easy stats for developers to keep track of. My understanding is that this is especially true for the makers of since they have such direct access to your core.

So, this was how Apple knew that there 3D touch, despite it being a pretty useful feature, was not worth the cost of the extra hardware to keep around for the iPhone 11. they were able to see that despite it being awesome not many people were using it and so it didn't make sense to keep. before I learned about this I thought they just went off of surveys or what people were telling them. I guess that's not a very efficient way to find out how people are using your device. Lol

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
From what I was reading it will be in automatic mode and switch based on content that would use 90hz .
Oh yeah. Though I didn't see this about the pixel, now that you mention it, I remember someone commenting that some other phone made a mistake by not doing this. But that they told the reviewer that they were working on a fix for this in their next update. That tells me that probably by now doing what you suspect will be happening on the Pixel 4 is standard programming. I mean, it just makes sense. Really good point you bring up

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I feel like the battery is a big disappointment. I can't complain yet... for the first year my OG pixel was superb. I only used one charger, the one next to my bed. I'm in the third year and it's terrible now but I think that's normal for any phone (unless I'm wrong)
The battery on my P2 was always mediocre (on power saving mode). Until it got much worse. And I was diligent about not leaving the phone on a charger once it was charged, and most of the time only let it charge to 80% and not lower than 20%.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
The battery on my P2 was always mediocre (on power saving mode). Until it got much worse. And I was diligent about not leaving the phone on a charger once it was charged, and most of the time only let it charge to 80% and not lower than 20%.

All 3 of my Pixels were set on the charger at night and taken off in the morning. All 3 of the Pixels survived with out any battery issues.

Me thinks some of you overthink battery charging way too much.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
All 3 of my Pixels were set on the charger at night and taken off in the morning. All 3 of the Pixels survived with out any battery issues.

Perhaps, but the battery on my Moto X2 completely tanked in the last 2 months I had it, so battery life was my main concern. I tried a Moto Z Play for a couple of weeks because it's battery was a tank, but it was too heavy. --Im a massage therapist with overuse/nerve issues in my left wrist--Im a lefty--so this was a deal breaker for me.

I was laser-focused on prolonging battery life of the P2 so I started using the AcuBattery app, and am using it with the N10 as well.

I usually top up the battery in the morning.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Perhaps, but the battery on my Moto X2 completely tanked in the last 2 months I had it, so battery life was my main concern. I tried a Moto Z Play for a couple of weeks because it's battery was a tank, but it was too heavy. --Im a massage therapist with overuse/nerve issues in my left wrist--Im a lefty--so this was a deal breaker for me.

I was laser-focused on prolonging battery life of the P2 so I started using the AcuBattery app, and am using it with the N10 as well.

I usually top up the battery in the morning.

Ever think of consulting with a therapist about this?

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

absolutely. someone once said on some forum somewhere that people complain about the crap battery life on the Pixel 3 because they can't afford three of them.

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
From what I was reading it will be in automatic mode and switch based on content that would use 90hz .

and I guess we'll find out which content won't use it next week. all I've heard so far is it'll drop down when you're watching movies/videos.
scrolling through my apps I don't see any that 90hz wouldn't improve the experience. camera maybe? dunno really.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
and I guess we'll find out which content won't use it next week. all I've heard so far is it'll drop down when you're watching movies/videos.
scrolling through my apps I don't see any that 90hz wouldn't improve the experience. camera maybe? dunno really.
Yeah exactly, I mean on my 1+7pro I gives the option either 60hz or 90 hz , I leave it 90hz all the time . Definitely eats battery more but I enjoy the 90hz and won't sacrifice it for battery .

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah exactly, I mean on my 1+7pro I gives the option either 60hz or 90 hz , I leave it 90hz all the time . Definitely eats battery more but I enjoy the 90hz and won't sacrifice it for battery .

don't blame you, I'd do the same, which is why I think I'll be going XL this time around.
-or 7T Pro.