2800mAh? Is this a joke?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don’t think google understands what the consumers want. Let’s take a look at the competition:

When you look at the iPhone 11, Apple has added an extra gig of ram, increased the battery a bit, added an extra camera (ultra wide), improved the speakers, ip68 from ip67 on the XR AND reduced the price by $50 from the $749 XR so basically for $699.

You look at the Oneplus 7T, Oneplus has increased the battery capacity, added an ultra wide angle camera, added a 90hz refresh rate, increased the charging speed, made the display the brightest out of all oneplus devices to date, added a macro mode, base storage starts at 128GB with 8 gigs of ram all for $599 compare to the one plus 6T. A small price increased but totally justified considering what you get.

You look at the pixel4, google has added a 90hz refresh rate, space motion, a telephoto camera, face unlock and that neat voice recording thing. However, they have reduced the battery size to an absurd 2800mah battery, removed the headphones, restricted portrait mode to the telephoto camera, no more unlimited photo storage for free, 128 gig max storage, the pixel earbuds are not available till 2020 etc.... oh and the phone costs $799, $100 more than the iPhone 11 and $200 more than the oneplus 7T.

I mean this is just insulting. Android users are smart buyers for the most part, we are used to a good bang for our buck, this pixel 4 totally goes against that. It offers little for the price tag. I mean even Apple has come down to earth a little and added more features to their new base iphone while reducing the price, something they haven’t done in years. Oneplus heard complaints about the 7 pro that costs $669 ($130 cheaper than the pixel 4 with a 2800mah battery) and decided to give us the 7T for $599 while adding a faster charger and a couple of features. Yes the screen isnt QHD but it’s the brightest and plenty sharp. You want 128 gig of storage on the iPhone it’ll only costs you $50 extra. 128 is the base on the 7T. On the pixel 4? It’s a $100 extra so that phone would cost you $900.... let that sink in

Yes this is a rant but I just can’t believe google. At this point they should just go back to the nexus program and let other manufacturers build the hardware while they take care of the software side of things in my opinion because this ain’t it. They can do all the camera software on the nexus devices cause that’s one thing they’re good at, but in terms of hardware they suck major ***.
Going back to the Nexus program doesn't solve anything. It doesn't matter what they call their line it's still a Google Device made by their design.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Going back to the Nexus program doesn't solve anything. It doesn't matter what they call their line it's still a Google Device made by their design.

The manufacturer makes the phone, google handles the software. Nexus phones were also more affordable than the pixel line so it definitely does solve that. Unless you don’t think saving money is a good thing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The manufacturer makes the phone, google handles the software. Nexus phones were also more affordable than the pixel line so it definitely does solve that. Unless you don’t think saving money is a good thing.

My point is Google was still involved in the design regardless of who built the Nexus. Google still doesn't actually make the Pixel.

As far as affordability that changed with the 3a and we can probably assume that there will be a 4a.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Nexus is dead. I'd give up on that idea...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So they're unable to pack a more respectably sized battery in their latest phone when most other manufacturers are doing it just fine?
I don't know how to answer that. I haven't measured or looked inside every device before and after battery upgrades to see how much room was available and if devices stayed the same size. I'm just throwing it out there that it could be one of the reasons since I can't think of anything besides cost and size and I actually doubt that there is a big difference in cost for a slightly larger battery.

I do recall when they tried to squeeze a larger battery into the Galaxy Note 7 that didn't work out too well, so yes... It could be a matter of size. That's just a supposition on my part.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So since Foxconn built the pixel 3.
Do you not think they built the pixel 4 .

And as big of a company as they are.
Do you not think they had the know how to build a battery to the size needed if that was in the specs.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Do you not think they had the know how to build a battery to the size needed if that was in the specs.
Truth is we don't know what the truth is. All we know is that most everyone feels it too small. All I know is I'm not buying the 4. if I didn't buy it would have been the 4XL but the more I hear the less I like it. Maybe they'll do better next time.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Sales will tell the story. Some people will buy no matter what, but others are getting tired of getting less and less.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
No I'm not assuming..... I know what I'm talking about. Actually it's pretty common knowledge if you spec out any high end over the ear headphones with noise cancellation or any high impedance headphone.

My whole point in my original post was that minor battery size in the Pixel 4 didn't matter to me because I always have to top off anyway. I explained that was due to my usage habits.
I want graphs and spreadsheets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000