2800mAh? Is this a joke?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather go by one of those YouTube battery drain tests where they place several devices next to each other, each at 100% with max brightness and then open the same exact apps on them until they are out of juice than to just rely on what GSMArena says

I was responding to the "Makes EVERY Android device look bad" comment.

I think testing all phones for one hour each for calls,web surfing,video playback gives a fair representation, but to each there own.

Smile9.jpg

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm very glad Apple listened. We said screw thin give me thicker with more battery and they said sure.
Right it's just they didn't stop and think about the weight of the device in the process.

It makes sense that these would be glass backed because it seems like glass is the ONLY material of choice for these OEM's so now we have an iPhone that weighs 226g lol.
If it had a lightweight carbon fiber/rubbery type back, it should have helped shed some weight of this thing.

I suppose I shouldn't complain since I'm seriously eyeing this F(x) Tec Pro 1 which weighs 240g, and have pre-ordered the UniHertz Titan which is a whopping 303g.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right it's just they didn't stop and think about the weight of the device in the process.

It makes sense that these would be glass backed because it seems like glass is the ONLY material of choice for these OEM's so now we have an iPhone that weighs 226g lol.
If it had a lightweight carbon fiber/rubbery type back, it should have helped shed some weight of this thing.

I suppose I shouldn't complain since I'm seriously eyeing this F(x) Tec Pro 1 which weighs 240g, and have pre-ordered the UniHertz Titan which is a whopping 303g.

I have no issues with the weight -- maybe it is just me? I mean yes it felt heavier the first day or two since I wasn't used to it but now using it for a few weeks -- zero issues.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, looks like reviews confirm the expected issues with the smaller battery size, in both models battery life appears to be very subpar.
I wouldn't have expected any different. There's only so much optimization you can do with a device to make up for a small battery.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Dont know if I commented here before. 2900 on P3 wasn't enough for me, phone was dead by evening. Note 10 with 3500 is exactly the minimum I was looking for. Can't imagine 2800 on P4 being enough.

Completely agree re: the Pixel 3! The 2700 mAh battery on my P2 was never enough either and I had to always monitor it during the day. However, the 3500 mAh battery on my Note 10 doesn't give me nearly the actual SOT that I had anticipated, and that's with lots of things locked down to maximize battery life. I can tell the difference in the lean pure Adroid on a smaller battery versus the Note 10's 3500 battery with lots of Sammy stuff running in the background. I was actually surprised not to see a bigger difference.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree re: the Pixel 3! The 2700 mAh battery on my P2 was never enough either and I had to always monitor it during the day. However, the 3500 mAh battery on my Note 10 doesn't give me nearly the actual SOT that I had anticipated, and that's with lots of things locked down to maximize battery life. I can tell the difference in the lean pure Adroid on a smaller battery versus the Note 10's 3500 battery with lots of Sammy stuff running in the background. I was actually surprised not to see a bigger difference.

And all this time.
Anybody could look at the note 10 + and see it had a 4300 ah battery.
But it was tooo big.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
According to the Verge review the 4xl will last the day for most folks without having to turn off features. That's good news for me as I'll be picking up the 4xl.
The 2800mah in the 4 just doesn't cut it. Don't know what Google was thinking there.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I have note 10 and Pixel 3, the difference is pretty big. I get about 20% more juice on Note 10 and now never have to top it off during the day. Pixel 3 I always had to charge it.
Not sure if it makes difference but I disabled and installed many apps on Note 10, but also added bunch of Google apps. With Soli it feels like Pixel is the one with bloat :)

Last edited:

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
According to the Verge review the 4xl will last the day for most folks without having to turn off features. That's good news for me as I'll be picking up the 4xl.
The 2800mah in the 4 just doesn't cut it. Don't know what Google was thinking there.

I am guessing Pixel 4XL will roughly be the same as smaller Note 10

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
What Google should had done is make the Pixel 4/XL like last year Pixel 3. No notch and symmetrical top and bottom. This way the phone would look better and a bigger battery by extending the bottom part a little bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki