pixel 4 or the iphone 11

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
But my response still stands.....it you are waiting to buy a phone because the next model will have some new exciting feature or design......you will never buy a new phone.

My advice...is buy what you need now and be happy with it.
Keep FOMO...(Fear of missing out) out of the buying process. There will always be a better model next year......this can be said about phones....cars....houses.....toasters....girlfriends :eek:

Buy what you need today...be happy with it and don't look back.

Oh...I do use my phones. I switch back and forth between them all the time...sometimes daily.

Last edited:

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
But my response still stands.....it you are waiting to buy a phone because the next model will have some new exciting feature or design......you will never buy a new phone.

Keep FOMO...(Fear of missing out) out of the buying process. There will always be a better model next year......this can be said about phones....cars....houses.....toasters....girlfriends :eek:

Oh...I do use my phones. I switch back and forth between them all the time...sometimes daily.
I don't mean this as sharp as it may come across but I cannot help but comment on the fact that the guy who buys three phones at one time is saying just buy whatever makes you happy! To the rest of us who can only afford one phone when it's on super sale every two years.

but, in general I do agree with your advice. But to suggest that it never makes sense to wait until next year when you have reason to believe that the phone will have stuff that you want whereas this year's phone maybe doesn't have stuff you want, then that makes sense... Especially if you can't afford to get a phone whenever you want.

And I don't mean to imply anything at all about your personal economic situation. Maybe your rich and if so more power to you. Or maybe you just prioritize your money differently. I don't think there's anything silly about that at all so I don't want you to take this as some kind of a back handed slight against the fact that you have phones. If anything I'm jealous. Lol

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

I'm really fascinated by this. And I do not mean that in any kind of a sarcastic snarky way. So how does that work? Like do you have different numbers or are you able to just switch the SIM card really quickly and it's not a big deal? I feel like when I switch over phones I have to go online and do a thing and it takes a 10 minute process. It's not a big deal but I would imagine it's something a lot smoother than that for you if you're switching several times throughout the day. And what makes you switch? Like do you like one for work better or one for when you're having to take pictures more? What makes you decide I'm going to use that one or this one. I seriously find this really interesting I think it's really cool.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm really fascinated by this. And I do not mean that in any kind of a sarcastic snarky way. So how does that work? Like do you have different numbers or are you able to just switch the SIM card really quickly and it's not a big deal? I feel like when I switch over phones I have to go online and do a thing and it takes a 10 minute process. It's not a big deal but I would imagine it's something a lot smoother than that for you if you're switching several times throughout the day. And what makes you switch? Like do you like one for work better or one for when you're having to take pictures more? What makes you decide I'm going to use that one or this one. I seriously find this really interesting I think it's really cool.

My GF doesn't understand either. She finds it quite amusing...as does the rest of my family.

It's hard to explain...I get bored with my iPhone and switch to my Note 10....same for my Pixel 3 XL....
There are some things each phone does better than the others.

For my iPhone...I just sign out of iMessage in settings...then swap the sim card into any of my Android phones.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
My GF doesn't understand either. She finds it quite amusing...as does the rest of my family.

It's hard to explain...I get bored with my iPhone and switch to my Note 10....same for my Pixel 3 XL....

For my iPhone...I just sign out of iMessage in settings...then swap the sim card into any of my Android phones.
It's not that I find it bizarre or silly. I can see how I would find this really fun. But when you put it in an Android phone, you literally just turn it on and it's ready to go?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
iOS 13 has been garbage so far. The 11 is my first iPhone so i assume the experience appears like this, but it’s been a long time since I've had this many bugs/slowdowns on a phone. When it's not effing up it's super fast though.

I also just bought my first iPhone, the 11 Pro Max. I have the opposite experience in that iOS 13 (13.1.2 now) has been very very smooth and quick. No issues at all.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
...That this 11 is a very solid yet unexciting generation ...

Well, I guess it depends what excites you. The 11 Pro Max has a vastly improved camera and vastly improved battery. Those 2 things are very exciting for me, and incidentally, the 2 specific things that drove me to try the iPhone.

Others might find “exciting” the rumored in-screen fingerprint or a minor cable change (for some odd reason), but not me. I’ll take the camera and battery improvements every day of the week. I would not wait at all for the 12 ...

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Well, I guess it depends what excites you. The 11 Pro Max has a vastly improved camera and vastly improved battery. Those 2 things are very exciting for me, and incidentally, the 2 specific things that drove me to try the iPhone.

Others might find “exciting” the rumored in-screen fingerprint or a minor cable change (for some odd reason), but not me. I’ll take the camera and battery improvements every day of the week. I would not wait at all for the 12 ...
As you said: "I guess it depends on what excites you".

That sums up my entire point.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It's not that I find it bizarre or silly. I can see how I would find this really fun. But when you put it in an Android phone, you literally just turn it on and it's ready to go?

Yep.......just put the sim card in the next phone and it is ready to go......
Just always got to remember.....if going from iphone to android....log out of imessage first.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I used to be like that. Now I just can't fathom paying for all those phones to do the exact same thing on each.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Same. Camera is my main in a phone.. an unlock method is not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech