10-24-2019 01:22 PM
220 ... 56789
tools
    I do as well. There’s plenty I miss about Android, but the battery life and camera on the Pro Max are legit, and that has trumped some of the other niggles I have.
    I would have preferred a higher trade then they gave on the X but my daughter's had a scratch from a grain of sand on the back and they took it so I'm good. I could have used the Apple Care to replace but they would have charged 90 dollars to replace it.
    10-15-2019 01:46 PM
    I've an iphone 11 Pro - tempted to return it and get the orange pixel 4.
    Only concern is the battery life. Iphone is so good now - i never had to worry about battery at all with my heavy use.

Another personal issue is what do i do with my Apple watch 4??
    10-15-2019 02:57 PM
    iPhone is definitely better that the pixel 4 I was hoping for more from this years event.
    10-15-2019 03:01 PM
    iPhone is definitely better that the pixel 4 I was hoping for more from this years event.
    Why? I bought the 11 Pro Max, but since the 4 isn't even out yet, what leads you to this conclusion? The event was exactly what all the leaks told us it would be. What is it you were expecting from today's event?
    10-15-2019 03:06 PM
    The Pixel 4 is dead in the water going up against the iPhone 11. Your average joe going into a cellphone store of all the big carriers being told here is the Pixel 4 at $799 but you can get iPhone 11 at $699 or $629 if you are a veteran direct from Apple. The lower battery coupled with higher price = Google graveyard plot is being dug for the Pixel series.

Google underestimated Apple's ability to close the gap on the camera and battery front for sure this year.
    Law2138 likes this.
    10-15-2019 03:35 PM
    Why? I bought the 11 Pro Max, but since the 4 isn't even out yet, what leads you to this conclusion? The event was exactly what all the leaks told us it would be. What is it you were expecting from today's event?
    More ram better screen and hopefully a new watch. Their trade in prices are a discrase compared to what Samsung offered. There was no Wow factor at the event for me.
    10-15-2019 03:37 PM
    I had the iPhone 11 Pro Max and I took it back the next day. I have the Note 10 plus and now I'll have the Pixel 4 XL as well
    10-15-2019 03:39 PM
    More ram better screen and hopefully a new watch. Their trade in prices are a discrase compared to what Samsung offered. There was no Wow factor at the event for me.

I guess you missed all the leaks then. It was all leaked beforehand so there was never really any chance for more ram or a watch I would think.

That said, I don't think more RAM would have made any difference in my opinion of the phones. What would have been better for me is if they surprised with a larger battery or something (which I also knew wasn't happening based on the leaks).

I think the Pixels will be very good, but I think the 4 will be hurting on battery life, and losing the Unlimited Google Photos storage on Pixels didn't help Google's case here either. I ended up getting the 11 Pro Max, and so far I am quite pleased.
    Law2138 likes this.
    10-15-2019 03:43 PM
    Battery life has quickly become a major priority for me. Only time will tell how the Pixel 4 handles battery especially with the higher refresh rate enabled but I think I'm ready to jump ship to the next iPhone models to be released in 2020. Aside from the superb camera I'm just not feeling that impressed by this year's Pixel phones.
    10-15-2019 03:47 PM
    I would love to give Apple a try, but their operating system is like a foreign language to me. I get lost and stuck every time I play with one in a store.

Plus, I just love Nova launcher with Android so I can squeeze my icons down to very small sizes and arrange everything like my desktop. And use Swifty app to make swiping a breeze and never having to reach down for that back button. All the customization stuff on Android is just a huge advantage for me. I can see how iPhone's simple approach is good for others however.
    10-15-2019 03:49 PM
    I had the iPhone 11 Pro Max and I took it back the next day. I have the Note 10 plus and now I'll have the Pixel 4 XL as well
    why did you take it back?
    10-15-2019 03:50 PM
    I may end up changing my mind but I'm pretty sure this will be the first Pixel I pass on. The 90 hz display is nice and i'm intrigued by the radar chip but this one just doesn't excite me. After having the ultra wide camera on the S10+ and then the Note 10+ and iPhone 11 Pro Max I can't see myself going back to a device without one. I'm not a big iOS fan but the camera on the iPhone 11 Pro models is fantastic. They have definitely evened the playing field with Google in the camera department and perhaps surpassed them with Night Mode. The ultra wide is an added and very useful bonus. I could end up changing my mind once the camera reviews start coming in but I think I'll hold on to my Pixel 3xl and use it alongside my iPhone 11 Pro Max and Note 10+.
    Law2138 likes this.
    10-15-2019 03:52 PM
    Why does there always have to be somet7to spoil it?

I can deal with them removing the Jack by sticking a USB C adapter on my emergency wired earbuds.
    They have made sure there is no ugly notch.
    Wireless charging.
    and so on.

Then what ***** committee decided that I would have to hold it in front of my face to unlock it?
    That will not help me feel happy to use it when going home at night? It threatens to be an advert for muggers!

You can speak as technically as you like and tell me that a camera is more secure than a fingerprint scanner but it doesn't feel like it.

It won't help me to unlock it and play music before I wake up properly either...
    10-15-2019 07:22 PM
    Why does there always have to be somet7to spoil it?

I can deal with them removing the Jack by sticking a USB C adapter on my emergency wired earbuds.
    They have made sure there is no ugly notch.
    Wireless charging.
    and so on.

Then what ***** committee decided that I would have to hold it in front of my face to unlock it?
    That will not help me feel happy to use it when going home at night? It threatens to be an advert for muggers!

You can speak as technically as you like and tell me that a camera is more secure than a fingerprint scanner but it doesn't feel like it.

It won't help me to unlock it and play music before I wake up properly either...
    I know this probably won't make you happy but if you don't really need locked down at night try smart unlock based on location.
    10-15-2019 08:03 PM
    I know this probably won't make you happy but if you don't really need locked down at night try smart unlock based on location.
    Or even smart unlock while on your person.
    10-15-2019 08:23 PM
    I'm kinda leaning towards the iPhone. The battery life seems like it will be better and the camera is just about as good IMO.
    10-15-2019 08:42 PM
    why did you take it back?
    I didn't like it and the camera definitely wasn't better then the Note 10 and Pixel 3 XL. I didn't care for the new operating system either. This was the first time I bought and iPhone and took it back the very next day.
    10-15-2019 09:16 PM
    Neither!
    10-15-2019 09:57 PM
    I didn't like it and the camera definitely wasn't better then the Note 10 and Pixel 3 XL. I didn't care for the new operating system either. This was the first time I bought and iPhone and took it back the very next day.
    IOS can take some getting used to but I still prefer Android.
    Pixelfan56 likes this.
    10-16-2019 07:13 AM
    There are other unlock methods. I guess you won't like the iPhones, or the new Samsungs, or almost any other device since everyone wants to do the face unlock now...
    10-16-2019 08:33 AM
    i have been considering a Pro Max 11 because of the battery life but then I watched a YouTube video of an Andriod guy who spent a week using said phone as daily driver. Actually it seemed very fair. I feel like Google doesn't try that hard when it comes to Hardware, cheaper phones have better hardware and better specs (OnePlus 7T comes to mind). Google relies heavily on its software.
    In the end, I just dont want to go back to icloud, the lack of customization on the home screen, the notifications in IOS, and loading google photos, gmail, google maps, etc on IOS and hoping they work as fluid as they do on a Pixel. I think The 4XL is somewhat of a let down but I do think it is an upgrade over what they have made previously, albeit a small and expensive one (for the hardware you get).
    I wont do anything besides stock android because i despise bloatware and skins. SO its gonna be more Pixel for me
    10-16-2019 09:46 AM
    Marques or whatever his name is, that tech reviewer, does some really nice comparisons of the two (not a 4 obviously). He makes it no secret that he is Android bc of customization and ability to get different brands, but he is very fair and shows no bias in his reviews. In fact, I honestly thought he was an iPhone user until I listened to his podcast. On the end, as Morty said, it depends very much on YOU. I'll see if I can find a good vid of one of his reviews.
    Mkhd he uses a iPhone for his daily. Notice the apple watch he has on in all his videos.
    10-16-2019 09:48 AM
    Mkhd he uses a iPhone for his daily. Notice the apple watch he has on in all his videos.
    MKBHD uses several devices but usually is partial to android. The last couple years he's named the Note his phone of the year and I believe the Note 10+ is his daily driver now. Just because one wears an Apple Watch doesn't necessarily mean they use the iPhone as a daily driver. The Apple Watch is easily the best smartwatch out there and with the lack of compelling Android options some people use the LTE version for workouts and music and sync it back to a backup iPhone. Until recently that is what I did. Trying out the Galaxy Watch Active 2 with my Note 10+ and so far I really like it.
    jaybotinc likes this.
    10-16-2019 09:52 AM
    In one of his recent videos he said the xs max was his daily driver but he carries two phones with him. He does use an apple watch with his iPhone that he uses for his personal stuff.
    10-16-2019 09:54 AM
    MKBHD uses several devices but usually is partial to android. The last couple years he's named the Note his phone of the year and I believe the Note 10+ is his daily driver now. Just because one wears an Apple Watch doesn't necessarily mean they use the iPhone as a daily driver. The Apple Watch is easily the best smartwatch out there and with the lack of compelling Android options some people use the LTE version for workouts and music and sync it back to their iPad or backup iPhone. Until recently that is what I did. Trying out the Galaxy Watch Active 2 with my Note 10+ and so far I really like it.
    What is lost using it without an iPhone?
    jaybotinc likes this.
    10-16-2019 10:25 AM
220 ... 56789