10-24-2019 01:22 PM
220 ... 6789
tools
    What is lost using it without an iPhone?
    Notifications is the most obvious thing. All the health and fitness data will sync up with an old, unused iphone just fine. Using the LTE Apple Watch with AirPods while on a run is great. Just haven't found as good of an all around experience as the watch for activity tracking and I've tried most of the devices out there. I wish Apple would allow it to work cross platform like Samsung does their watches
    10-16-2019 10:40 AM
    Notifications is the most obvious thing. All the health and fitness data will sync up with an old, unused iphone just fine. Using the LTE Apple Watch with AirPods while on a run is great. Just haven't found as good of an all around experience as the watch for activity tracking and I've tried most of the devices out there. I wish Apple would allow it to work cross platform like Samsung does their watches
    I can use it with my work phone. I'm only wondering because my daughter stopped using her Gen 3 because the Rose Gold clashes with her jewelry. It's sitting around doing nothing.
    10-16-2019 10:57 AM
    So anyone switching to Pixel 4 from iphone 11 Pro?
    10-16-2019 01:06 PM
    iPhone 11 times 10. You’ll get more bang for your buck, a better battery life I can guarantee you that. A more versatile camera, probably better speakers, a more powerful SoC that will last years to come, and it’s $100 cheaper. If 64gb is not enough, get the 128 gig iPhone 11 that will cost you $749, still $50 cheaper than the 64 gig pixel 4. There is no debate
    10-17-2019 08:32 PM
    iPhone 11 times 10. You’ll get more bang for your buck, a better battery life I can guarantee you that. A more versatile camera, probably better speakers, a more powerful SoC that will last years to come, and it’s $100 cheaper. If 64gb is not enough, get the 128 gig iPhone 11 that will cost you $749, still $50 cheaper than the 64 gig pixel 4. There is no debate
    There's always a debate and there's always features some have that others don't. Any modern SOC will last year's to come. Regardless of SOC, only Pixel has a dedicated photography chip known as the Visual Core processor.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-17-2019 10:29 PM
    There's always a debate and there's always features some have that others don't. Any modern SOC will last year's to come. Regardless of SOC, only Pixel has a dedicated photography chip known as the Visual Core processor.
    Only the pixel lacks the wide angle camera. There is no debate when the price is considered, you get more bang for your buck with the iPhone 11. That’s just a fact.
    10-18-2019 12:09 AM
    Only the pixel lacks the wide angle camera. There is no debate when the price is considered, you get more bang for your buck with the iPhone 11. That’s just a fact.
    I'm one of the biggest fans of wide angle cameras and that's just one of the reasons I didn't consider the Pixel. What I'm getting at is that there's always a debate and not everyone wants an iPhone because it's not always about bang for the buck. We all have different reasons for buying what we do. I always say go with what works for you, not someone else.
    ezdoit and Golurk like this.
    10-18-2019 06:47 AM
    Noticed another person had the same setup as me running 11 Pro Max and the Note 10 plus. I was really looking forward to the Pixel 4 announcement but am now really concerned about the battery life. I have always run Apple and an Android phone. I have had none of the problems that others have mentioned with the iPhone 11. I have had excellent battery life. I normally put the AW5 and whatever iPhone on the charger every night. Last week I looked at the battery and had 72% left after using for about 16 hours that day. Left it off the charger but turned it off. Did that for 2 more days and saw the battery was below 10% on the third day. So for me battery life on the 11 Max Pro is great. But you cannot customize it as you can with Android so you lose there. I did but a Pixel 3 XL last year but waited until after Black Friday. What did me in was the battery life. I had several days where I was in the red before the end of the day. So will probably wait until some real world battery test come out on the Pixel 4 and will make a decision after that.
    10-18-2019 06:53 AM
    Noticed another person had the same setup as me running 11 Pro Max and the Note 10 plus. I was really looking forward to the Pixel 4 announcement but am now really concerned about the battery life. I have always run Apple and an Android phone. I have had none of the problems that others have mentioned with the iPhone 11. I have had excellent battery life. I normally put the AW5 and whatever iPhone on the charger every night. Last week I looked at the battery and had 72% left after using for about 16 hours that day. Left it off the charger but turned it off. Did that for 2 more days and saw the battery was below 10% on the third day. So for me battery life on the 11 Max Pro is great. But you cannot customize it as you can with Android so you lose there. I did but a Pixel 3 XL last year but waited until after Black Friday. What did me in was the battery life. I had several days where I was in the red before the end of the day. So will probably wait until some real world battery test come out on the Pixel 4 and will make a decision after that.
    I think the Pixel 4 is a concern but I think the 4XL will be OK. For my usage battery life doesn't matter but it is certainly is a deal breaker for many.
    barondebxl likes this.
    10-18-2019 08:09 AM
    I'm one of the biggest fans of wide angle cameras and that's just one of the reasons I didn't consider the Pixel. What I'm getting at is that there's always a debate and not everyone wants an iPhone because it's not always about bang for the buck. We all have different reasons for buying what we do. I always say go with what works for you, not someone else.
    Yes if you speak in general there is always a debate but this is not in general, this is about OP deciding between the 2 and he is torn. When it’s like that you go for the one that offers more for less price. That’s where there’s no debate.
    10-18-2019 09:26 AM
    Yes if you speak in general there is always a debate but this is not in general, this is about OP deciding between the 2 and he is torn. When it’s like that you go for the one that offers more for less price. That’s where there’s no debate.
    I'm not sure how much of the thread you read but I didn't get the impression that the OP was torn about bang for the buck. There are other things besides specs that make people choose IOS vs Android and vice versa. If we were comparing two phones with the same OS going with bang for the buck might be an easier choice.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-18-2019 09:39 AM
    I usually don't try to pick a phone to match specs of other phones , I look into it and see what it offers and make my judgement by that . Pretty much can't go wrong with any of these phones today even if one has better specs then the others , it will still get the job done regardless.
    10-18-2019 10:18 AM
    I usually don't try to pick a phone to match specs of other phones , I look into it and see what it offers and make my judgement by that . Pretty much can't go wrong with any of these phones today even if one has better specs then the others , it will still get the job done regardless.
    Yes.... Although specs are important, they don't tell the whole story.
    10-18-2019 10:44 AM
    Yes.... Although specs are important, they don't tell the whole story.
    True ..
    10-18-2019 10:49 AM
    Mkhd he uses a iPhone for his daily. Notice the apple watch he has on in all his videos.
    He prefers Android. He's pretty open about it. But he's not a fanboy. Listen to his podcast. He respects Apple and likes their computers a lot, but his preference is Android.

To be sure, however, a guy like him who has literally ever smartphone available does not exclusively use anything, if I had to guess. He may prefer Android and have his go to phone, but I would guess there are days when he's in an iPhone mood. Lol

(Though, I do not think he's a pixel guy. It seems like he moves most these days between Samsung and 1plus)
    10-18-2019 08:02 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I can see why one could perceive him as being either. He doesn't really focus on Android vs iPhone. He really focuses on the details of each such specs, design, speed. But the reason he is Android is, according to him in a recent podcast, bc he likes to customize his phones and, well, if you care about that, you're not going to find less of it anywhere than the iPhone. Lol
    10-18-2019 08:14 PM
    He prefers Android. He's pretty open about it. But he's not a fanboy. Listen to his podcast. He respects Apple and likes their computers a lot, but his preference is Android.

To be sure, however, a guy like him who has literally ever smartphone available does not exclusively use anything, if I had to guess. He may prefer Android and have his go to phone, but I would guess there are days when he's in an iPhone mood. Lol

(Though, I do not think he's a pixel guy. It seems like he moves most these days between Samsung and 1plus)
    I've been watching him for 5 years and he has always had an apple watch on his wrist. Other sites also say he is mostly an iPhone user. I'll go by what I've seen him wear on his wrist and what he has said at some events where he was asked what he uses and he has pulled out his iPhone and a pixel usually.
    10-18-2019 08:59 PM
    Oh yeah! Well I listen to his podcast... And I've watched him on YouTube for at least 15 years before he even had a show. AND he came to me personally (YESTERDAY!) and told me that he is aN Android person and that people who think otherwise are dumbheads.

Beat that.
    10-18-2019 09:31 PM
    My wife says that was over the top. She doesn't get it.
    10-18-2019 09:33 PM
    My wife says that was over the top. She doesn't get it.
    Maybe she does... Lol
    jaybotinc likes this.
    10-18-2019 10:03 PM
    I have a OnePlus 6T, I'v been between iOS and Android phones switching between the two. I'm debating on getting the pixel 4 or the iPhone 11.

I know they haven't officially announced the pixel 4, but honestly which one would you say is the better option putting bais aside.
    I am going to preface my comments and say that I am not an iPhone person at all. My daughter has one, friends and family have them, but I would not buy an apple device as they just don't appeal to me for a number of subjective reasons.

I am comparing the Pixel 4 XL and iPhone 11 Pro Max

1) If your going on hardware alone the iPhone beats out the Pixel 4 XL in a number of areas. It has the wide-angle camera, it has a larger 6.5" screen, larger storage options (256GB & 512GB), and 3969 mah battery to name a few things. The iPhone does appear to only have 4 GB of RAM however.

2) When you look at software that really depends on preferences. The assistant and Android auto are much better than the apple offerings though IMO. SIRI just isn't as good as the google assistant with many things in my experience. Android auto is much better than apple car play. I use my phone as my infotainment software in my vehicle...I could not use Apple Car play after having had Android Auto for years. If you want to see what I am talking about check out some YouTube videos comparing the two.

Now I started out on the iPhone from day one. That was all that was available back then. Android has come a long way over the years and IMO has caught up with Apple....even surpassing it in some areas. So putting my bias toward Android devices aside, putting aside my feelings that Apple devices are overpriced, I would still say the Pixel 4 XL would be a better choice.

With all that said....your device is a personal choice and what works for me and the next guy may not work for you. You should evaluate how you will use the device, look at what specs each device offers, and then make a choice based on your wants and needs.
    Gray Area likes this.
    10-18-2019 10:17 PM
    I am going to preface my comments and say that I am not an iPhone person at all. My daughter has one, friends and family have them, but I would not buy an apple device as they just don't appeal to me for a number of subjective reasons.

I am comparing the Pixel 4 XL and iPhone 11 Pro Max

1) If your going on hardware alone the iPhone beats out the Pixel 4 XL in a number of areas. It has the wide-angle camera, it has a larger 6.5" screen, larger storage options (256GB & 512GB), and 3969 mah battery to name a few things. The iPhone does appear to only have 4 GB of RAM however.

2) When you look at software that really depends on preferences. The assistant and Android auto are much better than the apple offerings though IMO. SIRI just isn't as good as the google assistant with many things in my experience. Android auto is much better than apple car play. I use my phone as my infotainment software in my vehicle...I could not use Apple Car play after having had Android Auto for years. If you want to see what I am talking about check out some YouTube videos comparing the two.

Now I started out on the iPhone from day one. That was all that was available back then. Android has come a long way over the years and IMO has caught up with Apple....even surpassing it in some areas. So putting my bias toward Android devices aside, putting aside my feelings that Apple devices are overpriced, I would still say the Pixel 4 XL would be a better choice.

With all that said....your device is a personal choice and what works for me and the next guy may not work for you. You should evaluate how you will use the device, look at what specs each device offers, and then make a choice based on your wants and needs.
    Exactly.. it's not always about hardware or just software. It's the total package and how it works for you.
    Morty2264 and alodar101 like this.
    10-19-2019 10:51 AM
    Gee, this is a such a hard decision pixel 4 or the iphone 11-6cf043b7f9c218c50522aa243f5d2422.jpg
    10-19-2019 10:12 PM
    Exactly.. it's not always about hardware or just software. It's the total package and how it works for you.
    I agree with you there.
    10-19-2019 10:17 PM
    Because obviously software quality/experience doesn't count when calculating value for money.

There is always a debate...and the iPhone 11 doesn't outspec the P4 in a couple of areas.

For example, it doesn't have a 90hz FHD OLED display, instead opting for a 830p LCD. That's not very good display wise considering the price.

Not to mention Android Vs iOS.
    10-20-2019 12:29 AM
220 ... 6789