pixel 4 or the iphone 11

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I may end up changing my mind but I'm pretty sure this will be the first Pixel I pass on. The 90 hz display is nice and i'm intrigued by the radar chip but this one just doesn't excite me. After having the ultra wide camera on the S10+ and then the Note 10+ and iPhone 11 Pro Max I can't see myself going back to a device without one. I'm not a big iOS fan but the camera on the iPhone 11 Pro models is fantastic. They have definitely evened the playing field with Google in the camera department and perhaps surpassed them with Night Mode. The ultra wide is an added and very useful bonus. I could end up changing my mind once the camera reviews start coming in but I think I'll hold on to my Pixel 3xl and use it alongside my iPhone 11 Pro Max and Note 10+.

Gonoff

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Why does there always have to be somet7to spoil it?

I can deal with them removing the Jack by sticking a USB C adapter on my emergency wired earbuds.
They have made sure there is no ugly notch.
Wireless charging.
and so on.

Then what ***** committee decided that I would have to hold it in front of my face to unlock it?
That will not help me feel happy to use it when going home at night? It threatens to be an advert for muggers!

You can speak as technically as you like and tell me that a camera is more secure than a fingerprint scanner but it doesn't feel like it.

It won't help me to unlock it and play music before I wake up properly either...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Why does there always have to be somet7to spoil it?

I can deal with them removing the Jack by sticking a USB C adapter on my emergency wired earbuds.
They have made sure there is no ugly notch.
Wireless charging.
and so on.

Then what ***** committee decided that I would have to hold it in front of my face to unlock it?
That will not help me feel happy to use it when going home at night? It threatens to be an advert for muggers!

You can speak as technically as you like and tell me that a camera is more secure than a fingerprint scanner but it doesn't feel like it.

It won't help me to unlock it and play music before I wake up properly either...
I know this probably won't make you happy but if you don't really need locked down at night try smart unlock based on location.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm kinda leaning towards the iPhone. The battery life seems like it will be better and the camera is just about as good IMO.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
why did you take it back?

I didn't like it and the camera definitely wasn't better then the Note 10 and Pixel 3 XL. I didn't care for the new operating system either. This was the first time I bought and iPhone and took it back the very next day.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I didn't like it and the camera definitely wasn't better then the Note 10 and Pixel 3 XL. I didn't care for the new operating system either. This was the first time I bought and iPhone and took it back the very next day.
IOS can take some getting used to but I still prefer Android.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

There are other unlock methods. I guess you won't like the iPhones, or the new Samsungs, or almost any other device since everyone wants to do the face unlock now...

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
i have been considering a Pro Max 11 because of the battery life but then I watched a YouTube video of an Andriod guy who spent a week using said phone as daily driver. Actually it seemed very fair. I feel like Google doesn't try that hard when it comes to Hardware, cheaper phones have better hardware and better specs (OnePlus 7T comes to mind). Google relies heavily on its software.
In the end, I just dont want to go back to icloud, the lack of customization on the home screen, the notifications in IOS, and loading google photos, gmail, google maps, etc on IOS and hoping they work as fluid as they do on a Pixel. I think The 4XL is somewhat of a let down but I do think it is an upgrade over what they have made previously, albeit a small and expensive one (for the hardware you get).
I wont do anything besides stock android because i despise bloatware and skins. SO its gonna be more Pixel for me

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Marques or whatever his name is, that tech reviewer, does some really nice comparisons of the two (not a 4 obviously). He makes it no secret that he is Android bc of customization and ability to get different brands, but he is very fair and shows no bias in his reviews. In fact, I honestly thought he was an iPhone user until I listened to his podcast. On the end, as Morty said, it depends very much on YOU. I'll see if I can find a good vid of one of his reviews.
Mkhd he uses a iPhone for his daily. Notice the apple watch he has on in all his videos.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mkhd he uses a iPhone for his daily. Notice the apple watch he has on in all his videos.

MKBHD uses several devices but usually is partial to android. The last couple years he's named the Note his phone of the year and I believe the Note 10+ is his daily driver now. Just because one wears an Apple Watch doesn't necessarily mean they use the iPhone as a daily driver. The Apple Watch is easily the best smartwatch out there and with the lack of compelling Android options some people use the LTE version for workouts and music and sync it back to a backup iPhone. Until recently that is what I did. Trying out the Galaxy Watch Active 2 with my Note 10+ and so far I really like it.

Last edited:

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
In one of his recent videos he said the xs max was his daily driver but he carries two phones with him. He does use an apple watch with his iPhone that he uses for his personal stuff.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
MKBHD uses several devices but usually is partial to android. The last couple years he's named the Note his phone of the year and I believe the Note 10+ is his daily driver now. Just because one wears an Apple Watch doesn't necessarily mean they use the iPhone as a daily driver. The Apple Watch is easily the best smartwatch out there and with the lack of compelling Android options some people use the LTE version for workouts and music and sync it back to their iPad or backup iPhone. Until recently that is what I did. Trying out the Galaxy Watch Active 2 with my Note 10+ and so far I really like it.
What is lost using it without an iPhone?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
What is lost using it without an iPhone?

Notifications is the most obvious thing. All the health and fitness data will sync up with an old, unused iphone just fine. Using the LTE Apple Watch with AirPods while on a run is great. Just haven't found as good of an all around experience as the watch for activity tracking and I've tried most of the devices out there. I wish Apple would allow it to work cross platform like Samsung does their watches

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Notifications is the most obvious thing. All the health and fitness data will sync up with an old, unused iphone just fine. Using the LTE Apple Watch with AirPods while on a run is great. Just haven't found as good of an all around experience as the watch for activity tracking and I've tried most of the devices out there. I wish Apple would allow it to work cross platform like Samsung does their watches
I can use it with my work phone. I'm only wondering because my daughter stopped using her Gen 3 because the Rose Gold clashes with her jewelry. It's sitting around doing nothing.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 11 times 10. You’ll get more bang for your buck, a better battery life I can guarantee you that. A more versatile camera, probably better speakers, a more powerful SoC that will last years to come, and it’s $100 cheaper. If 64gb is not enough, get the 128 gig iPhone 11 that will cost you $749, still $50 cheaper than the 64 gig pixel 4. There is no debate

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 11 times 10. You’ll get more bang for your buck, a better battery life I can guarantee you that. A more versatile camera, probably better speakers, a more powerful SoC that will last years to come, and it’s $100 cheaper. If 64gb is not enough, get the 128 gig iPhone 11 that will cost you $749, still $50 cheaper than the 64 gig pixel 4. There is no debate
There's always a debate and there's always features some have that others don't. Any modern SOC will last year's to come. Regardless of SOC, only Pixel has a dedicated photography chip known as the Visual Core processor.