pixel 4 or the iphone 11

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To each his own. I couldn't swing it but I honestly do get it. I think it would be fun.

I mean as I said I used to do it.. so I get it somewhat. It's just now phones are so close I found myself doing the same tasks on each and spending tons of money to do so.. didn't click in my head so now I stick with 1 phone.

Back in the day there was a difference... Now? Eh.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I know I'm in the minority here and I totally respect how the majority feels about this and that the industry keeps responding to this demand but... Man I find the improved camera news so boring. When iPhone 11 came out and showed off their cameras, I could appreciate that they were doing great stuff and advances w the cameras... But I just found myself so bored by it all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm in the minority here and I totally respect how the majority feels about this and that the industry keeps responding to this demand but... Man I find the improved camera news so boring. When iPhone 11 came out and showed off their cameras, I could appreciate that they were doing great stuff and advances w the cameras... But I just found myself so bored by it all.

And that's fine. You have to choose a phone based on your needs.. not others. Just like most people don't pick their vehicle based on others.. they do it on theirs.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I mean as I said I used to do it.. so I get it somewhat. It's just now phones are so close I found myself doing the same tasks on each and spending tons of money to do so.. didn't click in my head so now I stick with 1 phone.

Back in the day there was a difference... Now? Eh.
I think there is a difference in HOW you do things. Some are slicker than others. And then customization is fun... On some phones. Lol. I find all that stuff interesting. For example, I listen to podcasts about iPhones and only my wife owns an iPhone 7. We don't even have an iPad anymore. Lol. I don't know why I like this stuff but I find it all interesting.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a difference in HOW you do things. Some are slicker than others. And then customization is fun... On some phones. Lol. I find all that stuff interesting. For example, I listen to podcasts about iPhones and only my wife owns an iPhone 7. We don't even have an iPad anymore. Lol. I don't know why I like this stuff but I find it all interesting.

Def. Not me. I do the same thing on phones. Customization actually became an annoying chore so never did it anymore. Just didn't see a need or even a want.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
And that's fine. You have to choose a phone based on your needs.. not others. Just like most people don't pick their vehicle based on others.. they do it on theirs.
Totally. My wife has an iPhone 7 and she used my pixel 2xl to take some pics. She gave it back and said "wow, those are a lot better."... I couldn't tell. Lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Totally. My wife has an iPhone 7 and she used my pixel 2xl to take some pics. She gave it back and said "wow, those are a lot better."... I couldn't tell. Lol

Different opinions. I mean comparing an iPhone 7 ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Same. Camera is my main in a phone.. an unlock method is not.
Yes. I can see others valuing different things. But as I’ve gotten older, I don’t need to tinker as much, and I place MUCH more value in battery life and the camera over things I used to care more for.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

It’s a disease. Most of us have it too.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I can see others valuing different things. But as I’ve gotten older, I don’t need to tinker as much, and I place MUCH more value in battery life and the camera over things I used to care more for.

Agreed. I use iPhone now for the simplicity of family. Could I teach them other apps? Sure... But just using iMessage and FaceTime have made it so simple for them.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I use iPhone now for the simplicity of family. Could I teach them other apps? Sure... But just using iMessage and FaceTime have made it so simple for them.

Me too. My kids use iPhones. My wife and I always used Android, but even after about 10 days now I see some benefits of being on the same platform as my kids. It was always an uphill battle with them previously (“Use Duo, use Hangouts, etc). This wasn’t my reason for trying iPhone but it has been a decent ancillary benefit.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Me too. My kids use iPhones. My wife and I always used Android, but even after about 10 days now I see some benefits of being on the same platform as my kids. It was always an uphill battle with them previously (“Use Duo, use Hangouts, etc). This wasn’t my reason for trying iPhone but it has been a decent ancillary benefit.

iMessage is a very wonderful messaging app... My in-laws have iPhones and so it's hard to do group messages - we resort to Facebook Messenger and have recently started to use WhatsApp. It's working well!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
iMessage is a very wonderful messaging app... My in-laws have iPhones and so it's hard to do group messages - we resort to Facebook Messenger and have recently started to use WhatsApp. It's working well!

I know what you mean. I have also tried WhatsApp with them as well as a few other platforms. In the end though, it always seemed like an uphill battle. None of this truly is a big deal of course, but it’s been much easier communicating all around recently. iMessage seems fine so far, but if my kids didn’t insist on using it, I wouldn’t find it any better than any of the other platforms that I was accustomed to.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I used to be like that. Now I just can't fathom paying for all those phones to do the exact same thing on each.

Its my hobby....then I don't do the exact same thing each. Basic functions...yes but they all have nuances that make them better at some things than the other and back and forth I go.

It all comes down to personal preference.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

That is EXACTLY it......Every Phone does something things a little different than the other.
I get how some just want one phone and they stick to it and say they are all the same.
But that is just like saying all cars are the same......
If that is the measuring stick then why not buy some little economy car that gets 40 MPH? I mean every car will get you where you need to go....some just do it with more flair :cool:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Its my hobby....then I don't do the exact same thing each. Basic functions...yes but they all have nuances that make them better at some things than the other and back and forth I go.

It all comes down to personal preference.

Yeah I know. What I said wasn't about you..it was my personal preference . That's why I said "I" not "you"

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know. What I said wasn't about you..it was my personal preference . That's why I said "I" not "you"

I got that...that's why I said MY and I and that it was MY personal preference...as it comes to for EVERYONE..... To each his own.....
What I said was purely about MY personal preferences. Not sure why YOU had a problem with that to be honest. I can be just as snarky too :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean. I have also tried WhatsApp with them as well as a few other platforms. In the end though, it always seemed like an uphill battle. None of this truly is a big deal of course, but it’s been much easier communicating all around recently. iMessage seems fine so far, but if my kids didn’t insist on using it, I wouldn’t find it any better than any of the other platforms that I was accustomed to.
I see what you are saying. It boils down to necessity and ease of communication.

I loved BBM and thought that was the premier messaging platform... And that is unfortunately a dying messaging platform now.