pixel 4 or the iphone 11

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got that...that's why I said MY and I and that it was MY personal preference...as it comes to for EVERYONE..... To each his own.....
What I said was purely about MY personal preferences. Not sure why YOU had a problem with that to be honest. I can be just as snarky too :)

I get that.. but then you tried to tell me it was personal preference.. so.. I responded to that. Guess you forgot what you posted?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I get that.. but then you tried to tell me it was personal preference.. so.. I responded to that. Guess you forgot what you posted?

nope...that is I why I used the word "I" in my posts and "MY".
I can be just as condescending as "YOU"
I said it was personal preference for "everyone"...not just you...i thought that was understood...... Did you not read that?
So can we just cut the drama and get back to discussing phones now?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
nope...that is I why I used the word "I" in my posts and "MY".
I can be just as condescending as "YOU"
I said it was personal preference for "everyone"...not just you...i thought that was understood...... Did you not read that?
So can we just cut the drama and get back to discussing phones now?

So I'm condescending for responding to what you wrote? K lol

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess it depends what excites you. The 11 Pro Max has a vastly improved camera and vastly improved battery. Those 2 things are very exciting for me, and incidentally, the 2 specific things that drove me to try the iPhone.

Others might find “exciting” the rumored in-screen fingerprint or a minor cable change (for some odd reason), but not me. I’ll take the camera and battery improvements every day of the week. I would not wait at all for the 12 ...

I like Android and ios, usually lean towards Android as it can be more flexible but you are right those 2 improvements in the iPhone made a world's difference imo. Honestly I wouldn't want them to put that fingerprint sensor .. just improve on the faceID.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Def. Not me. I do the same thing on phones. Customization actually became an annoying chore so never did it anymore. Just didn't see a need or even a want.

I also feel the same about way... I am in I.T. I love to tinker with things but if feels like a chore.. expecially on my phone. Most of the time I don't change too much unless I go out of my way to do so.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
It is always funny when people say this" Wait until the next model comes out! It will this exciting feature or that exciting feature"
If people did this they would never buy another phone because next years model is sure to have a new and exciting feature.

I have the iPhone 11 pro max and Note 10+ and can't wait to get the Pixel 4 XL.....

Agreed. Life is too short to wait on anything that will make you happy. Just do it.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Nope! It is a fact that personalization matters more than anything for every single person. Preferences matter not a bit. Only lazy ppl use iPhones. Smart people who get technology use Androids. The camera doesn't matter at all and isn't a reason to buy a phone.

#facts

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I'm just joking, fwiw. I think both of you just read a bit too muxh into each other's posts. Back away
Put the pistols back in their holsters. This town is big enough for the two of you.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm just joking, fwiw. I think both of you just read a bit too muxh into each other's posts. Back away
Put the pistols back in their holsters. This town is big enough for the two of you.

could not agree more...thanks for the level set :)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I own Pixel and iPhone phones and I think both are great. The OS is smooth on both. I would be happy with either one if given as a gift.:)

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Just got an iPhone XR, so now I have both. If I can ever get the XR to connect to Google Fi, I let you know how I like it.
Google Fi, like most other things, has +s and -s

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just got an iPhone XR, so now I have both. If I can ever get the XR to connect to Google Fi, I let you know how I like it.
Google Fi, like most other things, has +s and -s
Nice ...let us know how you like it , hopefully can work on Fi

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Nice ...let us know how you like it , hopefully can work on Fi

It will work on Fi, did research before buying. Have seen several directions on how to connect it to Fi, so far no luck. I know I've missed something somewhere.
I got the XR to play with and learn, since I know zilch about iOS. All well and good until I run into to something I don't know how to do and say many bad words. Then I recall my original mission was to "learn".

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It will work on Fi, did research before buying. Have seen several directions on how to connect it to Fi, so far no luck. I know I've missed something somewhere.
I got the XR to play with and learn, since I know zilch about iOS. All well and good until I run into to something I don't know how to do and say many bad words. Then I recall my original mission was to "learn".
Never can stop learning :)

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Stupid question, but the new XR is unlocked correct and you have installed the Fi app while on wifi? I thought I remember hearing that the Fi app may be required to get things fully working.

Back to the main topic: I give props to those Android fans that can go to/back to IOS. It seems like every other year I see it and think maybe I could switch to IOS since iMessage in the US works so well and the Apple Watch is still the best wearable (IMO), but every time I use my wife's Xs I want to throw it through the wall. I look at that phone and love the build quality, screen quality, and CPU in there, but man using that OS just infuriates me. I find the keyboard horrible and amazingly enough the lack of uniformity in how apps handle the back function super annoying. Apples quality control on IOS has been lacking as well. My wife is constantly complaining of weird app issues and call problems (although that's likely an AT&T "feature" lol).

Hopefully you can get Fi working properly and enjoy your new device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12