pixel 4 or the iphone 11

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Apple is taking $500 off an 11Pro for trading in a 64gb XS, although I don't know if they did that at launch. I'm hoping Google knocks off $350 for the P3, although $300 is more likely.

I suspect the $300 figure will prove to be accurate. If it is, a 64 GB Pumpkin Pixel 4, with tax and quickie shipping, will cost me about $550 tomorrow. I can live with this.

Wonder what kind of goodies they'll offer.........hmmmmm

Last edited:

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I suspect the $300 figure will prove to be accurate. If it is, a 64 GB Pumpkin Pixel 4, with tax and quickie shipping, will cost me about $550 tomorrow. I can live with this.

Wonder what kind of goodies they'll offer.........hmmmmm

Please, no more minis! Wouldn't mind a little credit at the Google store though.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Please, no more minis! Wouldn't mind a little credit at the Google store though.

Right with you on the minis. Credit is nice, but I'd prefer they lowered the price instead of all hocus pocus ipso facto smoke 'n mirrors deals.

Ah the good ol' days - no rebates - no coupon codes - no bogo - BUT - we did have S & H green stamps.

sh.JPG

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 6T, I'v been between iOS and Android phones switching between the two. I'm debating on getting the pixel 4 or the iPhone 11.

I know they haven't officially announced the pixel 4, but honestly which one would you say is the better option putting bais aside.

IOS 13 is very glitchy so far lots of issues with screen freeze and app issues.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife and daughter love their Pro Max's. I haven't actually tried it but I defer to you.

I do as well. There’s plenty I miss about Android, but the battery life and camera on the Pro Max are legit, and that has trumped some of the other niggles I have.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I do as well. There’s plenty I miss about Android, but the battery life and camera on the Pro Max are legit, and that has trumped some of the other niggles I have.

I would have preferred a higher trade then they gave on the X but my daughter's had a scratch from a grain of sand on the back and they took it so I'm good. I could have used the Apple Care to replace but they would have charged 90 dollars to replace it.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I've an iphone 11 Pro - tempted to return it and get the orange pixel 4.
Only concern is the battery life. Iphone is so good now - i never had to worry about battery at all with my heavy use.

Another personal issue is what do i do with my Apple watch 4??

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
iPhone is definitely better that the pixel 4 I was hoping for more from this years event.

Why? I bought the 11 Pro Max, but since the 4 isn't even out yet, what leads you to this conclusion? The event was exactly what all the leaks told us it would be. What is it you were expecting from today's event?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel 4 is dead in the water going up against the iPhone 11. Your average joe going into a cellphone store of all the big carriers being told here is the Pixel 4 at $799 but you can get iPhone 11 at $699 or $629 if you are a veteran direct from Apple. The lower battery coupled with higher price = Google graveyard plot is being dug for the Pixel series.

Google underestimated Apple's ability to close the gap on the camera and battery front for sure this year.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Why? I bought the 11 Pro Max, but since the 4 isn't even out yet, what leads you to this conclusion? The event was exactly what all the leaks told us it would be. What is it you were expecting from today's event?
More ram better screen and hopefully a new watch. Their trade in prices are a discrase compared to what Samsung offered. There was no Wow factor at the event for me.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the iPhone 11 Pro Max and I took it back the next day. I have the Note 10 plus and now I'll have the Pixel 4 XL as well :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
More ram better screen and hopefully a new watch. Their trade in prices are a discrase compared to what Samsung offered. There was no Wow factor at the event for me.

I guess you missed all the leaks then. It was all leaked beforehand so there was never really any chance for more ram or a watch I would think.

That said, I don't think more RAM would have made any difference in my opinion of the phones. What would have been better for me is if they surprised with a larger battery or something (which I also knew wasn't happening based on the leaks).

I think the Pixels will be very good, but I think the 4 will be hurting on battery life, and losing the Unlimited Google Photos storage on Pixels didn't help Google's case here either. I ended up getting the 11 Pro Max, and so far I am quite pleased.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has quickly become a major priority for me. Only time will tell how the Pixel 4 handles battery especially with the higher refresh rate enabled but I think I'm ready to jump ship to the next iPhone models to be released in 2020. Aside from the superb camera I'm just not feeling that impressed by this year's Pixel phones.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I would love to give Apple a try, but their operating system is like a foreign language to me. I get lost and stuck every time I play with one in a store.

Plus, I just love Nova launcher with Android so I can squeeze my icons down to very small sizes and arrange everything like my desktop. And use Swifty app to make swiping a breeze and never having to reach down for that back button. All the customization stuff on Android is just a huge advantage for me. I can see how iPhone's simple approach is good for others however.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae