10-19-2019 09:37 PM
66 123
tools
    This is so unacceptable and it doesn't even seem to be fast storage either. I have Note 10+ and the base model is 256GB fast storage.

How much more would have cost Google to make that 128gb base? For the love of GOD. so annoying.
    I know this is going to come across as a slam and for that I am sorry. I needed a good laugh to start my work week off. You did it. I am 35, when reading your post, all I could think about was the old mallrat Ashley meme, the blonde girl who was not bright, getting annoyed about something that doesn't affect the mainstream lol.

Thank you
    10-15-2019 05:27 AM
    I know this is going to come across as a slam and for that I am sorry. I needed a good laugh to start my work week off. You did it. I am 35, when reading your post, all I could think about was the old mallrat Ashley meme, the blonde girl who was not bright, getting annoyed about something that doesn't affect the mainstream lol.

Thank you
    No worries. You all have our different opinions. Thanks for being polite doing it hahaha. Not bashing the phone. It will be a great one. Just annoyed for what Google charges for 64gb in return.
    ezdoit and DestinedtoGame like this.
    10-15-2019 06:06 AM
    I don't know what you plan on putting on the phone but I have 128gb P4XL with 100gb fee space. I was going to buy the 64gb one but my brother convinced me to get the 128. I will go with a 64gb next time
    10-15-2019 10:22 AM
    With the free Google Photos storage for Full Resolution 64GB is fine with me. My 2XL is 64GB and haven't ran into any storage constraints. But yeah 128GB should be standard.
    10-15-2019 10:43 AM
    With the free Google Photos storage for Full Resolution 64GB is fine with me. My 2XL is 64GB and haven't ran into any storage constraints. But yeah 128GB should be standard.
    This. Google phone using google services, most of your stuff is cloud based. 64gb is plenty for these people. even now on my 2xl, 45gb of 64gb used, I can clear up almost 10 gigs by removing my photos and videos saved on my device because i have a full quality copy saved online. 64gb is still plenty of space, for most. We will likely see the storage bump next year.
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-15-2019 11:13 AM
    Free storage for full res is gone now on the P4 unfortunately :-(.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    10-15-2019 11:25 AM
    Free storage for full res is gone now on the P4 unfortunately :-(.
    Dang, really? That sucks. I mean I still pay for 2TB of Google storage but it was nice to know that my Photos and Videos from my Pixel didn't count against that.
    10-15-2019 11:26 AM
    My suggestion - stick with your Note 10+, which is an awesome phone, and remember the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing.
    I agree. I have the Note 10+ with 512 GB of storage. While I would not find 64 GB working for me, you need to understand the Google Pixel experience is different. Google expects you to be connected 24x7. Chrome OS has the same mindset. Designed for very little disconnected time. For many this experience works.

Personally for my needs and the amount of travel I have, being disconnected for long periods of time just happens. I am in many places where connections are expensive, when available. I personally don't want to have downtime because I can't edit a PowerPoint presentation or other types of docs. I also just don't like to stream my media, again this is my personal preference.

I know my use case is probably anathema to my Google Pixel diehards. I am OK with that. I use Android because of the flexibility of the system. I choose my phone based on my needs. I am a bit SPen user to take notes in meetings. They key point is to use the device that works best for you.
    ezdoit and strikeIII like this.
    10-15-2019 11:27 AM
    Dang, really? That sucks. I mean I still pay for 1TB of Google storage but it was nice to know that my Photos and Videos from my Pixel didn't count against that.
    Yes, this is disappointing. But I have enough storage anyway. It was a great selling point for the Pixels previously though.
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-15-2019 11:30 AM
    No worries. You all have our different opinions. Thanks for being polite doing it hahaha. Not bashing the phone. It will be a great one. Just annoyed for what Google charges for 64gb in return.
    After seeing the announcement of the lack of support for all photos in original format.... 64 gigs is a bit too small. It is strange how context really changes everything?
    10-16-2019 06:39 AM
    After seeing the announcement of the lack of support for all photos in original format.... 64 gigs is a bit too small. It is strange how context really changes everything?
    I knew you would see the light eventually lol. Taking that away and keep base at 64gb is NUTS.
    DestinedtoGame likes this.
    10-16-2019 09:48 PM
    This is so unacceptable and it doesn't even seem to be fast storage either. I have Note 10+ and the base model is 256GB fast storage.

How much more would have cost Google to make that 128gb base? For the love of GOD. so annoying.
    No, I'm glad there is a cheaper 64gb option. I'm currently using 34% of the 64gb on my p2xl.
    Cheaper? It won't be cheap. I think you misunderstood. They are already charging a leg and an arm for the phone, should have been 128gb for the same price they are charging for 64gb.
    Yes, the 64gb will be cheaper than 128, probably by $100. So I'm glad that option exists. Not everyone needs a lot of storage.
    As far as either storage capacity not being cheap...true. That's why I plan to wait a bit for the price to drop.
    Glad 64gb is base model as well. Right now, I'm using less than 25gb of on device storage. 128gb base model would be such a waste.
    The google kool aid is strong. Google and  should be ashamed for releasing 64gb base models but it’s hilarious how much flak  gets for it but naw Google can skirt by.
    10-17-2019 01:46 AM
    The google kool aid is strong. Google and  should be ashamed for releasing 64gb base models but it’s hilarious how much flak  gets for it but naw Google can skirt by.
    Sure... and I guess the iPhone 11 at 64gb base is iSheep Kool aid double punch then, right?
    10-17-2019 01:52 AM
    Sure... and I guess the iPhone 11 at 64gb base is iSheep Kool aid double punch then, right?
    Did you even read my post?! I mentioned  should have upped their storage also. But for some reason with these pixel crap phones everyone just goes gaga and gives Google a free pass.
    10-17-2019 01:53 AM
    Did you even read my post?! I mentioned  should have upped their storage also. But for some reason with these pixel crap phones everyone just goes gaga and gives Google a free pass.
    You're missing what I'm saying .. How can it be Kool aid if that's pretty much standard for Apple or Samsung or Google?
    10-17-2019 01:58 AM
    265?
    LOL! You're fast.
    10-19-2019 09:37 PM
66 123