Pixel 3 XL vs Pixel 4 XL

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
There may be some bargain 3 and 3 Xl's out there now but I actually think the 3a XL looks a great buy still.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You forgot to start your response with, "For me...." Not having a notch is worth almost $1,000 when you could hide the notch on your Pixel 3XL? Amazing.
It amazes me that people are still stuck about the notch. The only time I remember I have one is when I look directly at it.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this issue mentioned a couple times in different posts. Regarding face id or fingerprint.

I have done some Android development myself so I'm pretty sure biometrics coding is built into a phones chipset.

An app either uses biometrics or it doesn't. So an app developer doesn't have to have different coding to use face id or fingerprint. Biometrics are built into the phone and not dependant on app code.

Chris5626

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this issue mentioned a couple times in different posts. Regarding face id or fingerprint.

I have done some Android development myself so I'm pretty sure biometrics coding is built into a phones chipset.

An app either uses biometrics or it doesn't. So an app developer doesn't have to have different coding to use face id or fingerprint. Biometrics are built into the phone and not dependant on app code.

So basically as far as the app is concerned the phone just says you pass the test regardless of the type of sensor in place?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Not sure this is the case. For example my banking app worked ok with an actual physical fps but did not for a while with an in screen one.

Also Huawei has had proper secure Face ID on the m20 pro for a year now and all it’s good for is unlocking the device.

Time will tell I guess.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure this is the case. For example my banking app worked ok with an actual physical fps but did not for a while with an in screen one.

Also Huawei has had proper secure Face ID on the m20 pro for a year now and all it’s good for is unlocking the device.

Time will tell I guess.
That's very strange. Maybe Huawei implementation isn't set up to be secure. Google has rules for security that a phone manufacturer has to implement to be considered secure. As in, to be used for a secure sign ins, payments, etc.

Then again, I'm pretty new at development and good be way wrong lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm