12-30-2019 04:37 PM
522 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Just got an email from Amazon. Saying shipping delayed and now giving new delivery date. Asking if I want to keep my order or cancel. Sucks !!!

[IMG=491x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/efe1559908381c87776702687f304a83.jpg[/url]
    This is disappointing. I need to rethink about this.
    10-23-2019 12:13 PM
    This is disappointing. I need to rethink about this.
    I still think it'll be faster than what they say. Once they receive stock they should start shipping and I believe they haven't even got the first batch of stock yet. If I were you I'd still keep both orders and cancel based on whichever ships fast. You never know Amazon may suddenly get stock tomorrow and start shipping. This was just a generic email and since we placed orders very close to launch we should be in the first batch of shipping when they get stock.

Fingers crossed !!!
    10-23-2019 12:19 PM
    So I decided what the hell and purchased a white 4 xl 64 gig on Fi this morning and in less than an hour the cancel option went away, so....looks like I'll be getting it soon. The quoted delivery was Oct. 28th, but seems like they might be shipping it today. IDK.
    10-23-2019 12:43 PM
    So I decided what the hell and purchased a white 4 xl 64 gig on Fi this morning and in less than an hour the cancel option went away, so....looks like I'll be getting it soon. The quoted delivery was Oct. 28th, but seems like they might be shipping it today. IDK.
    Looks like the demand for the 64 gig version just isn't as high. They are all shipping right away. that's good news for me since i want the 64 gig version. just waiting to see that the pricing will be during Black Friday.
    10-23-2019 12:48 PM
    Looks like the demand for the 64 gig version just isn't as high. They are all shipping right away. that's good news for me since i want the 64 gig version. just waiting to see that the pricing will be during Black Friday.
    Yeah, waiting would be smarter I'm sure, but since I'm traveling to Norway soon I'd rather have the better camera sooner rather than later and to me that would be worth the $. I've been told before I have more $ than brains and I'm ok with that.
    klau25 likes this.
    10-23-2019 12:50 PM
    Yeah ideally it doesn't matter but most times I do use the phone without case inside the house etc. But I hear you and I might still go for the 4XL black for immediate pick up. If tomorrow morning I see Best buy store says available for pick up within 1 hour then it may seal the deal. I'll see and keep my options open.
    I have seen several people mention taking the case off while at home - I never do that.

Looks like I have flunked "The Proper Use of a Cellphone While at Home" course -
    10-23-2019 12:50 PM
    I have seen several people mention taking the case off while at home - I never do that.

Looks like I have flunked "The Proper Use of a Cellphone While at Home" course -
    Haha nah it's just preference. I used to not use case at all before but these glass back phones kind of forced me to since you never know when accidents happen. At home while sitting on a couch etc no big deal since even it falls down it's on a carpeted area mostly so less likely to break. At the same time also can enjoy the phone case less and appreciate the feel of it
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-23-2019 12:53 PM
    Yeah, waiting would be smarter I'm sure, but since I'm traveling to Norway soon I'd rather have the better camera sooner rather than later and to me that would be worth the $. I've been told before I have more $ than brains and I'm ok with that.
    haha, for your situation, it definitely makes sense. Going to Disney in December with my family, so I can wait for Black Friday. Well wish you a great trip and takes lots of awesome pictures!
    njgill05 likes this.
    10-23-2019 12:54 PM
    haha, for your situation, it definitely makes sense. Going to Disney in December with my family, so I can wait for Black Friday. Well wish you a great trip and takes lots of awesome pictures!
    You too man! I need to get to Disney to see the new Star Wars stuff.
    klau25 likes this.
    10-23-2019 12:56 PM
    Yeah the initial demand is always high for the 128 GB since it's mostly by tech enthusiasts who are pre ordering and they generally go for the higher storage options irrespective of if they need or not

I'm guessing few weeks in after launch once it settles down, the 64 GB ones might sell better just because it's cheaper than the 128 GB.
    10-23-2019 01:00 PM
    I still think it'll be faster than what they say. Once they receive stock they should start shipping and I believe they haven't even got the first batch of stock yet. If I were you I'd still keep both orders and cancel based on whichever ships fast. You never know Amazon may suddenly get stock tomorrow and start shipping. This was just a generic email and since we placed orders very close to launch we should be in the first batch of shipping when they get stock.

Fingers crossed !!!
    Yeah I'll keep both for now. And I also just got the email from Amazon! 2 weeks for Google store is not so bad (but I wonder if I should wait for Black Friday now)!
    10-23-2019 01:40 PM
    Yeah I'll keep both for now. And I also just got the email from Amazon! 2 weeks for Google store is not so bad (but I wonder if I should wait for Black Friday now)!
    Haha yeah good point. But I for sure don’t have the patience to wait till Black Friday. If you get thru Amazon you are good since they take returns within 30 days and no restocking fee. So if Amazon delivers in the next couple of weeks and then there is a better Black Friday deal, you can return to Amazon. Google store only 15 days and they charge $35 restocking fee so might not be an option with google store.
    AbAll87 likes this.
    10-23-2019 01:43 PM
    Alright just ordered thru Best buy as well for store pick up tomorrow. I'll keep it as a banker order in case I want to go with the black. Started with Orange my favorite, then settled for White since Amazon didn't have 128 GB Orange and look where I'm now... With the boring black
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-23-2019 02:54 PM
    #teampixel has arrived. Definitely looks so much better in person. [IMG=756x732]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191022/ae4854a53896e01186c4562f3c2c53b1.jpg[/url]
    Google is getting fancy with their box.
    10-23-2019 02:54 PM
    Alright just ordered thru Best buy as well for store pick up tomorrow. I'll keep it as a banker order in case I want to go with the black. Started with Orange my favorite, then settled for White since Amazon didn't have 128 GB Orange and look where I'm now... With the boring black [IMG=1024x1302]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/fff90143451b3384716b27dc5deab34f.jpg[/url]
    The black is really a nice looking device. Wish it was matte as it is a fingerprint and smudge magnet unlike any phone I've used but I still love the look of it. That brings to mind a thought I had yesterday. Does Google not use an oleophobic coating on their screen like Apple and others do?
    Pixelfan56 likes this.
    10-23-2019 03:15 PM
    The black is really a nice looking device. Wish it was matte as it is a fingerprint and smudge magnet unlike any phone I've used but I still love the look of it. That brings to mind a thought I had yesterday. Does Google not use an oleophobic coating on their screen like Apple and others do?
    Not sure about the oleophobic coating, I thought that's standard on all phones?

For the finish, I do actually prefer glossy finish to the matte finish since the glossy ones are more grippier than matte ones. Even on my iPhone 11 pro and other matte phones I have owned they aren't grippy to hold like the glossy finish. The only thing is the black color, since I prefer Orange, White just to mix up. But those are matte so I gain something but lose something else.

If Amazon or Google magically ships my White phone before Friday then I'll wait if not I'll just pick up the best buy black one. Best buy will hold the phone pick up for 5 days so I have some flexibility there.
    10-23-2019 03:25 PM
    Alright just ordered thru Best buy as well for store pick up tomorrow. I'll keep it as a banker order in case I want to go with the black. Started with Orange my favorite, then settled for White since Amazon didn't have 128 GB Orange and look where I'm now... With the boring black [IMG=1024x1302]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/fff90143451b3384716b27dc5deab34f.jpg[/url]
    Oh no you are leaving me by myself!

I thought about getting a phone and then return it when the white comes in but too much work!

Let us know your thoughts when you get it! Especially the glossy black.

I went from just black to clearly white. I'm usually all black everything but the odd orange button in the panda has my interest and I didn't want glossy
    10-23-2019 04:20 PM
    Oh no you are leaving me by myself!

I thought about getting a phone and then return it when the white comes in but too much work!

Let us know your thoughts when you get it! Especially the glossy black.

I went from just black to clearly white. I'm usually all black everything but the odd orange button in the panda has my interest and I didn't want glossy
    Sure will do but honestly at this point I don't know which color/size or storage I'll end up with

One thing for sure I'll definitely have some Pixel 4 big or small or some color in my hand before Friday
    ezdoit, AbAll87 and aggie like this.
    10-23-2019 04:27 PM
    I ordered my 4 XL on the 15th in the afternoon and my ship date is Nov 7th - 8th. I don't understand why it takes Google so long to process and ship a phone order. Other phones i preordered have all arrived on the release date. I can't imagine that the Pixel sold in the many millions. The same thing happened when I ordered the Slate and it had already been out for awhile. The wait for the Pixel stand was so long I just walked into a Verizon store and bought one on the spot. Come on Google get your ship together. I just checked thru Fi and I could have it in 4 days!
    10-23-2019 04:30 PM
    Found that my ship date moved up from Nov 21-22 to October 28-29!
    Ordered on 10/15 128G Orange - feeling hopeful!
    Omg, ship date moved again! Now it's Oct 30-31...Sigh
    10-23-2019 06:00 PM
    Nevermind
    10-23-2019 07:14 PM
    nevermind again
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-23-2019 08:07 PM
    nevermind again
    well? how did it work out?
    10-23-2019 08:11 PM
    well? how did it work out?
    I got my phone, in the process of activating it now..
    ezdoit, EMGSM and Morty2264 like this.
    10-23-2019 09:02 PM
    I got my phone, in the process of activating it now..
    Enjoy...
    EMGSM and almath like this.
    10-23-2019 11:01 PM
522 ... 1314151617 ...