12-30-2019 04:37 PM
522 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I ordered my 4 XL on the 15th in the afternoon and my ship date is Nov 7th - 8th. I don't understand why it takes Google so long to process and ship a phone order. Other phones i preordered have all arrived on the release date. I can't imagine that the Pixel sold in the many millions. The same thing happened when I ordered the Slate and it had already been out for awhile. The wait for the Pixel stand was so long I just walked into a Verizon store and bought one on the spot. Come on Google get your ship together. I just checked thru Fi and I could have it in 4 days!
    I ordered from google store on 10/21 and received on 10/22
    10-24-2019 05:32 AM
    My White 128gb XL arrived yesterday. So far it is a good phone. That said not sure it is much of an update over my 3XL. The screen is narrower than the 3XL but so is the phone altogether. It also seems weird having the status bar so far down the phone screen after having it right on the edge of the top with the 3XL and the notch.

Super solid feel though even a little heavier than the 3XL. It just feels right in your hand. I think part of that has to do with it being slightly narrower.

Only taken a few side by side shots in one lighting condition so far but the 4 produces warmer pictures than my 3 did at least outside in the sun.
    10-24-2019 08:08 AM
    Did anyone notice that the $100 credit Google is giving for the store expires January 31st, 2020? I was hoping it would be good for like 6 months and I would be able to use it towards Pixel Buds if they came out on time.
    10-24-2019 08:14 AM
    Did anyone notice that the $100 credit Google is giving for the store expires January 31st, 2020? I was hoping it would be good for like 6 months and I would be able to use it towards Pixel Buds if they came out on time.
    Yeah that's one of the reasons why I decided to go with Amazon. Also, the Google store credit will take few weeks to show up on your account and in case you get defective device and do an exchange within the return period then they screw you of the credit because they consider the exchange as return (happened to me with 3 XL and they screwed my pre order credit).

That's one advantage going with Amazon or best buy you get the $100 gift card immediately instead of waiting few weeks for the credit like Google store and you won't have issue with exchange or expiry.
    10-24-2019 10:03 AM
    fyi my local AT&T store said that they have the pixel 4XL in stock but won't be selling it until tomorrow, Friday, the 25th. I'll be picking one up on the NEXT plan just because I'm quite certain I'll be going for a Pixel 5 XL in a year.
    10-24-2019 10:09 AM
    I have seen several people mention taking the case off while at home - I never do that.

Looks like I have flunked "The Proper Use of a Cellphone While at Home" course -
    Dude...I bought an s10+....then opted for the Note 10+. I had a case on that s10..took it off while in the house. Was sitting on my desk. I made arrangements to swap the phone with someone. As soon as I did....I bumped the desk, the s10 went flying...and ended up cracking the front. No swap...$250 to fix...Never take off the case, anywhere. You would be tempting the phone demons
    10-24-2019 10:19 AM
    Dude...I bought an s10+....then opted for the Note 10+. I had a case on that s10..took it off while in the house. Was sitting on my desk. I made arrangements to swap the phone with someone. As soon as I did....I bumped the desk, the s10 went flying...and ended up cracking the front. No swap...$250 to fix...Never take off the case, anywhere. You would be tempting the phone demons
    I don't take the case off - ever. My "flunking" comment was sarcasm.

TBH, I wonder about people who take the cases off so they can feel their phones while at home.
    10-24-2019 10:25 AM

TBH, I wonder about people who take the cases off so they can feel their phones while at home.
    Dude!! I was story telling not mansplaining!..I never drop my phone....ever...I always doubted my use of cases..cause I never drop my phone. I'll never tempt the gods again Of course....people that wrap their phones in Ft. Knox confuse me too...
    10-24-2019 10:41 AM

I do at home , the only time
    10-24-2019 10:46 AM
    Dude!! I was story telling not mansplaining!..I never drop my phone....ever...I always doubted my use of cases..cause I never drop my phone. I'll never tempt the gods again Of course....people that wrap their phones in Ft. Knox confuse me too...
    ^^^THIS^^^
    10-24-2019 10:47 AM
    Why am I not surprised.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-24-2019 10:49 AM
    Why am I not surprised.
    Lol..
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-24-2019 10:49 AM
    Ok the day, let's see Best buy will email me soon to say my order is ready for pick up. I have decided I'll go with black what the heck. Can't wait anymore

But given my luck on this launch I won't be surprised if Best buy also doesn't have stock

Anyway anyone ordered for best buy in store pick up on launch day get their ready for pick up email yet? I'm on West coast so probably going to be few more hours before it's ready.
    10-24-2019 10:54 AM
    Ok the day, let's see Best buy will email me soon to say my order is ready for pick up. I have decided I'll go with black what the heck. Can't wait anymore

But given my luck on this launch I won't be surprised if Best buy also doesn't have stock

Anyway anyone ordered for best buy in store pick up on launch day get their ready for pick up email yet? I'm on West coast so probably going to be few more hours before it's ready.
    Here in DFW the 64gb XL Black is available for pickup at most stores. Not so much on the 128gb unit.
    10-24-2019 12:18 PM
    Here in DFW the 64gb XL Black is available for pickup at most stores. Not so much on the 128gb unit.
    Yeah the 128 GB units have run out here as well but luckily i was able to reserve one when it was available. Still waiting for the ready for pick up email though, hopefully it’s in next couple of hours.
    10-24-2019 01:13 PM
    Amazon won't let me cancel my order till it ships because I was sent a bundle deal with $100 gift card. Since I have the gift card they won't cancel my order yet. Says my 128gb white 4xl that I ordered on 10/16 will arrive January 8th...

Originally said would arrive by 10/23

Thankfully I got one from Google in black on 10/22
    10-24-2019 02:09 PM
    I do this at home or while at my desk at work. I pretty much never have dropped a phone since the day I did with my brand new Galaxy Nexus less than 2hrs after purchase. (Never put a phone in your shirt pocket)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-24-2019 02:30 PM
    Omg, ship date moved again! Now it's Oct 30-31...Sigh
    Sorry for the bad news. I hate when that happens. Same thing happened to me with the P3XL.
    10-24-2019 02:42 PM
    Enjoy...
    +1
    10-24-2019 02:44 PM
    I do this at home or while at my desk at work. I pretty much never have dropped a phone since the day I did with my brand new Galaxy Nexus less than 2hrs after purchase. (Never put a phone in your shirt pocket)
    Yeah front shirt pocket =bad things lol
    10-24-2019 02:58 PM

I pre-ordered an orange Pixel 4 XL from Best buy last week. It estimated that it would be available on release day (today). Never got an email saying it was available, but went anyway is it's right by work. They didn't have it and didn't know when it would come in. They had black and white ones available. The display didn't even list the orange color as an option. That's disconcerting....
    Went to ship around and nobody has the orange phone available for purchase anymore. This is what limited color means I guess.
    10-24-2019 03:33 PM
    I pre-ordered an orange Pixel 4 XL from Best buy last week. It estimated that it would be available on release day (today). Never got an email saying it was available, but went anyway is it's right by work. They didn't have it and didn't know when it would come in. They had black and white ones available. The display didn't even list the orange color as an option. That's disconcerting....
    Went to ship around and nobody has the orange phone available for purchase anymore. This is what limited color means I guess.
    Mine is black 4 XL but status still shows pre order and will be ready to pick up today. Haven't gotten any email yet but I may drop by evening after work to check what's going.
    10-24-2019 03:55 PM
    I found a store somewhat nearby that has it in stock right now. tempted to order that one too and see which one I can get first.
    10-24-2019 04:03 PM
    Productivity is at an all time low today at work..
    Still getting used to gestures. Still in the process of setting up the phone so get getting sidetracked.
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-24-2019 04:34 PM
    My luck is pretty bad in terms of pixel 4 ... i had an in store pick up today but was getting the ready for pick up email. I dropped at Best Buy and apparently they haven’t received any shipments as of yet from the warehouse. So looks like going to be waiting again
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-24-2019 04:46 PM
522 ... 1415161718 ...