*Obligatory 'I ordered my Pixel 4' thread!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same answer.

Even though they don't have a clue but I wonder if Google delayed the shipment for this particular item because of the high demand from the Google store and they need those

From my experience they all are different stocks so the google store demand or lack of demand will generally not affect Amazon. Same goes to any other retailer. It most likely just a matter of the initial stock for Amazon for certain models still haven’t arrived to Amazon warehouse. It could be any day now but unfortunately for us we have to just wait.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
From my experience they all are different stocks so the google store demand or lack of demand will generally not affect Amazon. Same goes to any other retailer. It most likely just a matter of the initial stock for Amazon for certain models still haven’t arrived to Amazon warehouse. It could be any day now but unfortunately for us we have to just wait.

Okay, I think I might place an order on the Google store for the November 4th date and keep whichever comes first

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
The Samsung.com pre-order thread for the Note 10 was awesome. This P4 pre-order thread is pathetic.
The P4 may be the Edsel of cell phones.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I think I might place an order on the Google store for the November 4th date and keep whichever comes first
That's a good idea !! I'm doing the same. Still bitter about cancelling my original Google store order. Amazon had never let me down before. Got to be a first for everything I guess.

Let's see which one ships first now

I also have an option to order from Best buy which says available to pick up tomorrow for the black Pixel 4 XL. But not sure if I want to go to black. That would be my least favorite color after Orange and while.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
That's a good idea !! I'm doing the same. Still bitter about cancelling my original Google store order. Amazon had never let me down before. Got to be a first for everything I guess.

Let's see which one ships first now

I also have an option to order from Best buy which says available to pick up tomorrow for the black Pixel 4 XL. But not sure if I want to go to black. That would be my least favorite color after Orange and while.

Unless you plan on going naked, the color really doesn't matter. Get a case you like to solve the color problem.

A phone you can pick up tomorrow is worth way more than a phone you may, or may not, get in the near future.

JMO - your phone - your call.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Unless you plan on going naked, the color really doesn't matter. Get a case you like to solve the color problem.

A phone you can pick up tomorrow is worth way more than a phone you may, or may not, get in the near future.

Yeah ideally it doesn't matter but most times I do use the phone without case inside the house etc. But I hear you and I might still go for the 4XL black for immediate pick up. If tomorrow morning I see Best buy store says available for pick up within 1 hour then it may seal the deal. I'll see and keep my options open.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from Amazon. Saying shipping delayed and now giving new delivery date. Asking if I want to keep my order or cancel. Sucks !!!

efe1559908381c87776702687f304a83.jpg

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

The clearly white seems more appealing to me. I do use a case 99% of the time. But for the 1% I want a clearly white.

Also @bhatech it says November 7th for the clearly white if you do expedited shipping.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The clearly white seems more appealing to me. I do use a case 99% of the time. But for the 1% I want a clearly white.

Also @bhatech it says November 7th for the clearly white if you do expedited shipping.
Yeah ordered with expedited shipping, I'll keep the Amazon order as well for now doesn't hurt I guess.

4478891da7fdd905efd1c3a723c51aeb.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is disappointing. I need to rethink about this.
I still think it'll be faster than what they say. Once they receive stock they should start shipping and I believe they haven't even got the first batch of stock yet. If I were you I'd still keep both orders and cancel based on whichever ships fast. You never know Amazon may suddenly get stock tomorrow and start shipping. This was just a generic email and since we placed orders very close to launch we should be in the first batch of shipping when they get stock.

Fingers crossed !!!

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So I decided what the hell and purchased a white 4 xl 64 gig on Fi this morning and in less than an hour the cancel option went away, so....looks like I'll be getting it soon. The quoted delivery was Oct. 28th, but seems like they might be shipping it today. IDK.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So I decided what the hell and purchased a white 4 xl 64 gig on Fi this morning and in less than an hour the cancel option went away, so....looks like I'll be getting it soon. The quoted delivery was Oct. 28th, but seems like they might be shipping it today. IDK.

Looks like the demand for the 64 gig version just isn't as high. They are all shipping right away. that's good news for me since i want the 64 gig version. just waiting to see that the pricing will be during Black Friday.

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the demand for the 64 gig version just isn't as high. They are all shipping right away. that's good news for me since i want the 64 gig version. just waiting to see that the pricing will be during Black Friday.

Yeah, waiting would be smarter I'm sure, but since I'm traveling to Norway soon I'd rather have the better camera sooner rather than later and to me that would be worth the $. I've been told before I have more $ than brains and I'm ok with that.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Yeah ideally it doesn't matter but most times I do use the phone without case inside the house etc. But I hear you and I might still go for the 4XL black for immediate pick up. If tomorrow morning I see Best buy store says available for pick up within 1 hour then it may seal the deal. I'll see and keep my options open.

I have seen several people mention taking the case off while at home - I never do that.

Looks like I have flunked "The Proper Use of a Cellphone While at Home" course - ;)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have seen several people mention taking the case off while at home - I never do that.

Looks like I have flunked "The Proper Use of a Cellphone While at Home" course - ;)
Haha nah it's just preference. I used to not use case at all before but these glass back phones kind of forced me to since you never know when accidents happen. At home while sitting on a couch etc no big deal since even it falls down it's on a carpeted area mostly so less likely to break. At the same time also can enjoy the phone case less and appreciate the feel of it

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, waiting would be smarter I'm sure, but since I'm traveling to Norway soon I'd rather have the better camera sooner rather than later and to me that would be worth the $. I've been told before I have more $ than brains and I'm ok with that.

haha, for your situation, it definitely makes sense. Going to Disney in December with my family, so I can wait for Black Friday. Well wish you a great trip and takes lots of awesome pictures!

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
haha, for your situation, it definitely makes sense. Going to Disney in December with my family, so I can wait for Black Friday. Well wish you a great trip and takes lots of awesome pictures!

You too man! I need to get to Disney to see the new Star Wars stuff.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the initial demand is always high for the 128 GB since it's mostly by tech enthusiasts who are pre ordering and they generally go for the higher storage options irrespective of if they need or not

I'm guessing few weeks in after launch once it settles down, the 64 GB ones might sell better just because it's cheaper than the 128 GB.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc