*Obligatory 'I ordered my Pixel 4' thread!

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I still think it'll be faster than what they say. Once they receive stock they should start shipping and I believe they haven't even got the first batch of stock yet. If I were you I'd still keep both orders and cancel based on whichever ships fast. You never know Amazon may suddenly get stock tomorrow and start shipping. This was just a generic email and since we placed orders very close to launch we should be in the first batch of shipping when they get stock.

Fingers crossed !!!

Yeah I'll keep both for now. And I also just got the email from Amazon! 2 weeks for Google store is not so bad (but I wonder if I should wait for Black Friday now)!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'll keep both for now. And I also just got the email from Amazon! 2 weeks for Google store is not so bad (but I wonder if I should wait for Black Friday now)!

Haha yeah good point. But I for sure don’t have the patience to wait till Black Friday. If you get thru Amazon you are good since they take returns within 30 days and no restocking fee. So if Amazon delivers in the next couple of weeks and then there is a better Black Friday deal, you can return to Amazon. Google store only 15 days and they charge $35 restocking fee so might not be an option with google store.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Alright just ordered thru Best buy as well for store pick up tomorrow. I'll keep it as a banker order in case I want to go with the black. Started with Orange my favorite, then settled for White since Amazon didn't have 128 GB Orange and look where I'm now... With the boring black
fff90143451b3384716b27dc5deab34f.jpg

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Alright just ordered thru Best buy as well for store pick up tomorrow. I'll keep it as a banker order in case I want to go with the black. Started with Orange my favorite, then settled for White since Amazon didn't have 128 GB Orange and look where I'm now... With the boring black

The black is really a nice looking device. Wish it was matte as it is a fingerprint and smudge magnet unlike any phone I've used but I still love the look of it. That brings to mind a thought I had yesterday. Does Google not use an oleophobic coating on their screen like Apple and others do?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The black is really a nice looking device. Wish it was matte as it is a fingerprint and smudge magnet unlike any phone I've used but I still love the look of it. That brings to mind a thought I had yesterday. Does Google not use an oleophobic coating on their screen like Apple and others do?
Not sure about the oleophobic coating, I thought that's standard on all phones?

For the finish, I do actually prefer glossy finish to the matte finish since the glossy ones are more grippier than matte ones. Even on my iPhone 11 pro and other matte phones I have owned they aren't grippy to hold like the glossy finish. The only thing is the black color, since I prefer Orange, White just to mix up. But those are matte so I gain something but lose something else.

If Amazon or Google magically ships my White phone before Friday then I'll wait if not I'll just pick up the best buy black one. Best buy will hold the phone pick up for 5 days so I have some flexibility there.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Oh no you are leaving me by myself!

I thought about getting a phone and then return it when the white comes in but too much work!

Let us know your thoughts when you get it! Especially the glossy black.

I went from just black to clearly white. I'm usually all black everything but the odd orange button in the panda has my interest and I didn't want glossy

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh no you are leaving me by myself!

I thought about getting a phone and then return it when the white comes in but too much work!

Let us know your thoughts when you get it! Especially the glossy black.

I went from just black to clearly white. I'm usually all black everything but the odd orange button in the panda has my interest and I didn't want glossy
Sure will do but honestly at this point I don't know which color/size or storage I'll end up with

One thing for sure I'll definitely have some Pixel 4 big or small or some color in my hand before Friday

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my 4 XL on the 15th in the afternoon and my ship date is Nov 7th - 8th. I don't understand why it takes Google so long to process and ship a phone order. Other phones i preordered have all arrived on the release date. I can't imagine that the Pixel sold in the many millions. The same thing happened when I ordered the Slate and it had already been out for awhile. The wait for the Pixel stand was so long I just walked into a Verizon store and bought one on the spot. Come on Google get your ship together. I just checked thru Fi and I could have it in 4 days!

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I ordered my 4 XL on the 15th in the afternoon and my ship date is Nov 7th - 8th. I don't understand why it takes Google so long to process and ship a phone order. Other phones i preordered have all arrived on the release date. I can't imagine that the Pixel sold in the many millions. The same thing happened when I ordered the Slate and it had already been out for awhile. The wait for the Pixel stand was so long I just walked into a Verizon store and bought one on the spot. Come on Google get your ship together. I just checked thru Fi and I could have it in 4 days!

I ordered from google store on 10/21 and received on 10/22

cccoltsicehockey

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My White 128gb XL arrived yesterday. So far it is a good phone. That said not sure it is much of an update over my 3XL. The screen is narrower than the 3XL but so is the phone altogether. It also seems weird having the status bar so far down the phone screen after having it right on the edge of the top with the 3XL and the notch.

Super solid feel though even a little heavier than the 3XL. It just feels right in your hand. I think part of that has to do with it being slightly narrower.

Only taken a few side by side shots in one lighting condition so far but the 4 produces warmer pictures than my 3 did at least outside in the sun.

cccoltsicehockey

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone notice that the $100 credit Google is giving for the store expires January 31st, 2020? I was hoping it would be good for like 6 months and I would be able to use it towards Pixel Buds if they came out on time.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone notice that the $100 credit Google is giving for the store expires January 31st, 2020? I was hoping it would be good for like 6 months and I would be able to use it towards Pixel Buds if they came out on time.
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I decided to go with Amazon. Also, the Google store credit will take few weeks to show up on your account and in case you get defective device and do an exchange within the return period then they screw you of the credit because they consider the exchange as return (happened to me with 3 XL and they screwed my pre order credit).

That's one advantage going with Amazon or best buy you get the $100 gift card immediately instead of waiting few weeks for the credit like Google store and you won't have issue with exchange or expiry.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
fyi my local AT&T store said that they have the pixel 4XL in stock but won't be selling it until tomorrow, Friday, the 25th. I'll be picking one up on the NEXT plan just because I'm quite certain I'll be going for a Pixel 5 XL in a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan