Unlocked Pixel 4 XL WiFi calling on AT&T

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard if the Pixel 4 XL will support WiFi calling on AT&T? I get extremely poor service from all carriers at my house and I have a camp that has no cell service (only WiFi).
I know it was just announced today but I was hoping someone might have found something I couldn't.

TIA!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard if the Pixel 4 XL will support WiFi calling on AT&T? I get extremely poor service from all carriers at my house and I have a camp that has no cell service (only WiFi).
I know it was just announced today but I was hoping someone might have found something I couldn't.

TIA!
I can't imagine why it wouldn't. I'm using it on my 3xl at home too. Seems like all phones have it now.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The OG Pixel and the Pixel 2 don't have it in AT&T. I'm coming from the 2 and my Dad had the original one that's been acting up. Thank you for confirming. I thought it would (especially since AT&T is a carrier partner now) but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlocked Pixel 4 XL WiFi calling on AT&T

Confirmed my Pixel 4 unlocked from Google has WiFi Calling on AT&T.
e488766d59ba1d9bdc63836582b66df9.jpg

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site

Nice! I've never had WiFi calling before at what point does it switch over from cellular to WiFi? I get very poor service in my house like 1 bar of H+. I get told all the time that my phone cuts out. Does it have to have no signal at all before it switches?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Nice! Thank you! I've never had WiFi calling before at what point does it switch over from cellular to WiFi? I get very poor service in my house like 1 bar of H+. I get told all the time that my phone cuts out. Does it have to have no signal at all before it switches?
Nothing you need to do. Once you set it up it'll automatically use WiFi Calling once you're connected to a WiFi connection. If it doesn't work then you may need to contact AT&T to make sure WiFi calling is provisioned on your account.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site

Ok cool. I guess I was confused about the part on the screen shot that says WiFi calling and then below it it said call over mobile network

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Ok cool. I guess I was confused about the part on the screen shot that says WiFi calling and then below it it said call over mobile network
Yeah that does look a little misleading. They may need to change the wording on that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie