Not open for further replies.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea

Why cut down on our choices ?

Let us use what we want to use.
I can't defend all their bad decisions or the bad decisions other OEMs make but at the end of day all things can't be the same. That's why it's great to have choices even if the choices we make seem like a compromise. Every device has it's strong suit and it's weaknesses. This year I'm not feeling the Pixel and that's just one reason I didn't pre-order. I've got more phones than I can handle right now and would need to dump something to make room.
Perhaps once the dust settles and it's in everyone's hands, someone can convince me it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't do it either, this will be the first Pixel I didn't order at launch. The phone is fine, the main issue is what hardware/features you're getting at the price. If this started at 599 for the P4 and 699 for P4XL these would be amazing phones. With all the Android options avaialble at the various price points Google really missed the mark on this release.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I am just going to ask what in the world is the OP talking about in his 5th point? I went to the Google site to see what he was talking about and it was like any other experience I have had with Google. I get why mods have deleted some posts but honestly OP should edit his post and just take that **** off because regardless if he didn't word it right, it is a bull**** reason to not want a Pixel and completely ignorant.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ignorance is allowed, modifying someone's post because we don't agree with it isn't. And if we delete every post in the thread that references something in the first post, the thread won't make any sense.

As has been said, if you don't like the thread, don't read it.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The only reason I was keen on the 4 was for astrophotography... And guess what.. It's coming to the 3/3XL anyway lol. The dual exposure is cool but not the biggest deal. Can edit pics anyway if I need to.
Plus front speakers on my 3 are great.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I still owe a bit on my Pixel 3 so I'm going to wait. I have to charge my phone every afternoon (which I don't mind), but the P4 will have an even smaller battery. I was hoping for a wide angle camera and stereo speakers. The zoom on my P3 works just fine so even if I could, I see no compelling reason to get a P4. Maybe once my P3 is paid off and there is a price drop, I might change my mind. I did check out the P4 and P4XL at Best Buy last night. They were in the black color and seemed smooth and responsive. They were on demo software and on a very short tether so I didn't attempt any pictures. If I was going to buy one at all, I think it would be the XL with bigger battery and better screen.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I always find these types of threads interesting... Like why would anyone care why you bought or didn't buy something? We're just strangers on the internet... and this is a weird *** thread on top of all that too, but to each his own...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I always find these types of threads interesting... Like why would anyone care why you bought or didn't buy something? We're just strangers on the internet... and this is a weird *** thread on top of all that too, but to each his own...

I always find comments like these interesting... Do you find the "omg i love it buying now!" Threads with the same mindset?.... We both know the answer to that.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I always find comments like these interesting... Do you find the "omg i love it buying now!" Threads with the same mindset?.... We both know the answer to that.

I actually don't get them either. Like personal review threads.. 'Here are my X number of reasons why I bought X'

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Face unlock has always been faster when it comes to unlocking phones. I love it and I’m glad to see it coming to Android.

Faster? Faster than what?

My 3XL lives in my left front pocket, earpiece down and screen against my body. When I need it, I reach into my pocket and before the phone is more than two or three inches above my belt, my index finger has found the FPS and unlocked the phone - long before it has come into view.

It doesn't get any faster than that.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This will be the first Pixel phone I have missed since it started coming out. :(

No FPS, only 6GB and 128gb, my 1+7 Pro is just better spec'd and cheaper. If they would have brought the McLaren edition to the US. I would have gotten that instead.

I guess ill wait for S11 or 1+8 Pro next year.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I actually don't get them either. Like personal review threads.. 'Here are my X number of reasons why I bought X'
Well I've actually had forum members tell me that they purchased certain devices or accessories because of my feedback or even a product review.
If you don't like certain threads, it's easy enough just to avoid them.

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Well, they can be helpful to potential buyers. Folks on the fence can benefit from threads talking about "<xyz phone> can do this, that's really cool that that's why I'm buying it!", because maybe they never thought of that feature/use.

Similarly, folks might benefit from realizing the shortcomings of <xyz phone> if the limitations/issues are spelled out in threads like this. Depending on how the thread is done, listing potential issues/limitations is very helpful to potential buyers.

I find it easy to see the value in threads like this - if - they are done right and not just "<xyz phone> SUCKS!" type posts. Meticulously listing pros and cons helps everyone. Only listing pros helps no one ..

If I were to note that The new Google Assistant can't be used with the 3 button setup, would that not be useful to potential buyers, even though it's "negative"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv