The Official : I just cant do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
As a Pixel 3 XL owner There have been many likes and some dislikes as with all phones. I love taking pics of family and take many. Thats the main thing for me. Today I when to google to check out and was about to order the upgrade. I was about to and I just could not do it..

1) They only offered $260 bucks for my clean and perfect 3xl (which if I remember is less then last year).

2) 64gig memory sucks

3) Price is just too high for out dated CPU

4) Then find out the unlimited photo back is gone/ Also, they made it hard if not impossible to back up all pic/vid to your PC from there.

5) Going to their ordering site was like navigation through a Politically Correct college website. I never seen someone selling a new product work so hard to post gay,lbgtqr, Muslim. There are people of all types out there and I get it but this was a little much in your face. Then it gets back to the political conflicts with Google censoring and rigging searches. I just dont know if I can support that anymore. Either way they will make money from android

6) I agree with other here the battery should have been bigger. I should be find of them doing like apple and making it a tad thicker.

7) One of the best feature of the 3xl was the front speakers. Why why why. they can keep the radar and leave the speakers.

Over all I think I'm going to wait for the s11 to come out in 3-4 months. I had the s7 before and liked it except for the damn curved screen when got busted easy.. =-/

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
As a Pixel 3 XL owner There have been many likes and some dislikes as with all phones. I love taking pics of family and take many. Thats the main thing for me. Today I when to google to check out and was about to order the upgrade. I was about to and I just could not do it..

1) They only offered $260 bucks for my clean and perfect 3xl (which if I remember is less then last year).

2) 64gig memory sucks

3) Price is just too high for out dated CPU

4) Then find out the unlimited photo back is gone/ Also, they made it hard if not impossible to back up all pic/vid to your PC from there.

5) Going to their ordering site was like navigation through a Politically Correct college website. I never seen someone selling a new product work so hard to post gay,lbgtqr, Muslim. There are people of all types out there and I get it but this was a little much in your face. Then it gets back to the political conflicts with Google censoring and rigging searches. I just dont know if I can support that anymore. Either way they will make money from android

6) I agree with other here the battery should have been bigger. I should be find of them doing like apple and making it a tad thicker.

7) One of the best feature of the 3xl was the front speakers. Why why why. they can keep the radar and leave the speakers.

Over all I think I'm going to wait for the s11 to come out in 3-4 months. I had the s7 before and liked it except for the damn curved screen when got busted easy.. =-/
For the first time since the Nexus 1, I am not upgrading to the newest model Google phone.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
For the first time since the Nexus 1, I am not upgrading to the newest model Google phone.

2nd time for me. I passed on Nexus S as well. I might get P4 later, it could be free for me. I was expecting 500-600 tradein price but 225 isn't going to cut it

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
2nd time for me. I passed on Nexus S as well. I might get P4 later, it could be free for me. I was expecting 500-600 tradein price but 225 isn't going to cut it
I'll wait for black Friday deals and see what they offer. I'm actually decently happy with my 3xl still.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree about the front speakers. I love them on the 3XL and cannot understand why they are not the de facto default for all phone designs.

Having said that, I have to admit that 99% of the "serious" listening I do with my phone is through Bluetooth wireless earbuds or Bluetooth over-the-ear headphones. On the rare occasions that I listen to anything other than a brief video clip through the phone's speakers I suppose I can live with something other than front speakers.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this straight Samsung will give me 600 dollars for my S10+ and I can get the Note 10+ 5G for 699.

Google wants to give me $365 for my S10+ and charge me 1000 for a Pixel 4 XL

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just can't do it because Apple significantly closed the gap on photography wars with Google with the iPhone 11.

I may be petty for saying this, but we all have our own reasons for not buying into the P4.

1. I am jelly of the experience iPhone users get with the Apple Watch. I want a proper wearable that is supported and offers tight integration.

2. With the Pixel 3, some callers on the other end can't hear me within the first 5 seconds of a call. I primarily text, so I didn't pursue the manufacturer's warranty options. Hardware can be described as sufficient, but not premium.

3. Apple is starting to figure out the formula for great images by combining software, machine learning, and hardware.

4. My kids will be introduced to iPhones when they are ready. Family controls, iMessage, Facetime will serve us better than being fragmented across Android and iOS devices.

5. 3rd party accessories and cases are plentiful with iPhones.

6. If support or repair is ever needed, I can visit an Apple store if I choose. If my Pixel breaks, I have to mail it in.

My home is filled with Google speakers, Google wifi points, chromecasts, Nest Hello, Nest Hub, etc. I love Google services, apps, and the Assistant. My wife can use all if it just fine on her iPhone 7 plus which leads me to believe that I can use an iPhone and still live in the Google ecosystem.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for the One Plus announcement last week before I decided. I'm going with the Pixel 4+. I have been using a Note 10 (not +) and I don't like it at all (size is good). I almost went to an iPhone, but the. I just play with my wife's 10xr and realize, I'm not going the iPhone route. I have had all 3 pixel XLs and they haven't been perfect, but none of these are.

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow. 260 for your 3 XL. Shows how much they stand by that overblown price. I guess I'll wait and see if TMobile does any trade in deals for the 3 XL like it did for the Galaxy, iPhone and 7plus. If not I guess I'll wait for the heavy discounts.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for the One Plus announcement last week before I decided. I'm going with the Pixel 4+. I have been using a Note 10 (not +) and I don't like it at all (size is good). I almost went to an iPhone, but the. I just play with my wife's 10xr and realize, I'm not going the iPhone route. I have had all 3 pixel XLs and they haven't been perfect, but none of these are.

What was your reason for not biting on the iPhone? Was it the Xr specifically? I am tetering on the iPhone 11 pro or staying with my Pixel 3

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This ain't it chief.....this is not going to make a dent in the least.

1. The pixel 4 starting $799 with 64GB, not having even headphones in the box....that ain't gone make it chief. The iPhone 11 comes in at $699 or $629 with Veterans discount.

2. Trade in prices are just pathetic on all fronts, especially for your own Pixel brand.

3. In a year when apple put in bigger batteries you come pathetically in with 2800mah and 3500mah for your flagships. You blacking out just like California son.

4. You don't have any real defining features and you put your engineers on stage and they putting everyone to sleep like jiggly puff. We ain't playin Pokémon Go son yah got to show some energy.

5. You pricing the same or higher as apple but don't have the accessories and fan base to do it like that. Like Flossy Carter say "Google calm down".

6. Google needs to bring their releases up to August to get some traction as doing it after everyone else just ain't gone get it done.

7. I don't know about air swatting flies, air swipes, and this soli stuff but only time will tell. When I say that though I think of LG and we know that didn't help them any either. Bruh I think I already see the next tomb stone in the Google grave yard.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Samsung will give me 450 for my P3XL 64GB towards a Note 10+

Google will give me 263 for the same phone towards a Pixel 4 64GB

Samsung likes me more.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

4. You don't have any real defining features and you put your engineers on stage and they putting everyone to sleep like jiggly puff. We ain't playin Pokémon Go son yah got to show some energy.

While I agree with many of your other points, I think the 4 does in fact have some nice defining features. Whether they appeal to you or not is another story of course. Things like the Soli gestures, 90Hz display, great camera improvements, much better Google Assistant, etc. These are all nice, tangible improvements.

That said, I agree with the 2nd part of your #4. They did just a terrible job of showing off some of this and it totally lacked any energy or flair. They made some exciting features (IMO) seem more boring than they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.