11-04-2019 10:54 PM
87 1234
tools
    FACT - None of us have our P4s yet, so nobody knows how long anybody is going to wait.

Feel better now? -
    I didn't really feel bad about it but appreciate your comment 😜
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-17-2019 08:11 PM
    Until the phone is in my hands I don't believe any "delivered by" dates.
    Not pessimistic, realistic.
    It was the same nonsense with the Pixel 2 and 3 and Note 10+ pre-orders.

Attachment 311835
    My Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 3 both came a day early...

Looks like I'm waiting longer than you peeps.
    Holy crap for a minute I was thinking..."wait there not shipping till Nov...I thought they shipped in OCT" Then I realized its just you...whew. Honestly I keep thinking I should cancel...I still love my Pixel 2 XL...
    10-17-2019 08:23 PM
    so my local vzw store finally put out the demo units and one of them was an orange one. while its not as orange as i would like, it looked more orange than coral. ill just have to keep an eye out on the play store to see when they are back in stock. i think ill most likely end up getting the orange xl
    10-22-2019 10:06 AM
    Too me it looks more like peach than orange. Its also closer to Coral than I'd like.
    10-22-2019 09:38 PM
    I just need to know if it's Clemson Orange... Living in SC, I know a bunch of people who will jump on it if it is. Some will jump on the opportunity to buy it, others will physically jump on it if they see one!
    ezdoit and J Dubbs like this.
    10-22-2019 10:44 PM
    Too me it looks more like peach than orange. Its also closer to Coral than I'd like.
    I took a second look at it and I agree about it looking more like peach. Ill end up getting the black one.
    10-22-2019 11:06 PM
    I just need to know if it's Clemson Orange... Living in SC, I know a bunch of people who will jump on it if it is. Some will jump on the opportunity to buy it, others will physically jump on it if they see one!
    No, its not Clemson orange.
    10-22-2019 11:07 PM
    You guys are making me a little nervous. I'll be getting my orange XL tomorrow and I don't want it to look peach or coral or pink or any other color than orange. I went ahead and ordered orange last week after the event based on all the first hands-on videos and I thought it looked great. But, ya know, that could have been the lighting, the cameras they were using for filming, the monitor I was watching on, or a combination of all three. I mean, worst case I swap it out for a different color, then again it's going in a case anyway and I've only seen the back of my 3 XL a handful of times...just when I've removed the case to clean it.
    10-22-2019 11:43 PM
    You guys are making me a little nervous. I'll be getting my orange XL tomorrow and I don't want it to look peach or coral or pink or any other color than orange. I went ahead and ordered orange last week after the event based on all the first hands-on videos and I thought it looked great. But, ya know, that could have been the lighting, the cameras they were using for filming, the monitor I was watching on, or a combination of all three. I mean, worst case I swap it out for a different color, then again it's going in a case anyway and I've only seen the back of my 3 XL a handful of times...just when I've removed the case to clean it.
    It really depends on the lighting on how it looks. Keep us posted on your thoughts, was hoping for more orange myself, but still like it.
    10-23-2019 12:23 AM
    I have an orange 4XL. It is not what I would call a traditional orange at all. That's what I expected from pictures. I tried to take a picture of it but it comes out looking more orange than it is.

If you go back to page 1 of this thread and look at the image placeholder for the video that KrisYYC posted from TechMeOut. She's holding three phones with the orange one on top toward us. That is a good representation of the color.

Soft. Coral. Creamsicle. 80's orange? I'm not as happy with it as I thought I would be. It's not awful. Just not necessarily my style. Easy to cover with a case. But - I decided to show it off for a few days in a clear case. I'll end up covering it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2019 12:45 AM
    The issue as mentioned, is the pic on the box is more orange than the phone itself. A review I saw mentioned this as well. I've also saw another review call it "peachy"
    10-23-2019 01:38 AM
    in that case i wouldnt worry about it. just slap a case on it and you will forget all about it. In my experience, it looked more peach rather than coral or orange. google should have named it better. its not orange.
    10-23-2019 10:26 AM
    It really depends on the lighting on how it looks. Keep us posted on your thoughts, was hoping for more orange myself, but still like it.
    Will do. It's out for delivery and I should have it in the next hour or so.
    10-23-2019 11:43 AM
    in that case i wouldnt worry about it. just slap a case on it and you will forget all about it. In my experience, it looked more peach rather than coral or orange. google should have named it better. its not orange.
    Yeah, as long as I don't hate the color that probably exactly what I will do. Keep it in the case and forget about it. Perhaps Almost Orange would have been a better name???
    10-23-2019 11:45 AM
    Yeah, as long as I don't hate the color that probably exactly what I will do. Keep it in the case and forget about it. Perhaps Almost Orange would have been a better name???

Truth
    hawklet00 likes this.
    10-23-2019 11:57 AM
    [/B][/U]

Truth
    Well, I would say that my impression of the color is that it's...ok. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I'm fine with it considering it's going to stay in a case all the time anyway. I also got the gray Google fabric case. Both the phone and the case are quite a departure for me. In my 12 years or so of owning smart phones, probably 15-20 different devices, I've never had anything other than a black phone/black case combo. This is taking some getting used to, haha.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2019 12:34 AM
    Was gonna return the Pumpkin Pixel, decided at the last minute not to. Got a: BLACK PRESIDIO GRIP GOOGLE PIXEL 4 CASE, which arrives tomorrow. It should hide the almost orange-tangerine-coral-pumpkin color. I do have a clear case should I ever feel the need to go back from the black -

In the future I shall return to my tried and true "black phone + black case" MO -

Remember - you are only a case away from true happiness
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-24-2019 12:44 AM
    Was gonna return the Pumpkin Pixel, decided at the last minute not to. Got a: BLACK PRESIDIO GRIP GOOGLE PIXEL 4 CASE, which arrives tomorrow. It should hide the almost orange-tangerine-coral-pumpkin color. I do have a clear case should I ever feel the need to go back from the black -

In the future I shall return to my tried and true "black phone + black case" MO -

Remember - you are only a case away from true happiness
    Nice !
    How you like it so far?
    ezdoit and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-24-2019 12:52 AM
    Nice !
    How you like it so far?
    In all honesty, it is not much different than the Pixel 3 I have. It does seem a wee bit faster/smoother though.

I am a very light user and don't take advantage of all the phone has to offer.
    I have the P4 for daily use and the P3 for backup - I am a Pleased Pixel Person.
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-24-2019 12:56 AM
    In all honesty, it is not much different than the Pixel 3 I have. It does seem a wee bit faster/smoother though.

I am a very light user and don't take advantage of all the phone has to offer.
    I have the P4 for daily use and the P3 for backup - I am a Pleased Pixel Person.
    Thanks for your feedback
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-24-2019 01:40 AM
    I'm curious how the orange Pixel 4 compares in color to some of the orange Nokia Lumia Windows Phones. I'm sure not many, if any of you, had an orange Lumia, though.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-24-2019 02:14 AM
    i have my "oh so orange" pixel 4 (delivered yesterday), and if that's what google think orange is then they have some colour blind designers.
    to my this is more in the "pink" colour space than orange.
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-24-2019 07:50 AM
    Should have called it "OH NO Orange?"
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2019 08:50 AM
    Should have called it "OH NO Orange?"
    I would have gone with "aren't you glad it's not orange"
    ezdoit and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-24-2019 09:12 AM
    I would have gone with "aren't you glad it's not orange"
    And I would have answered - "No, I'm not glad it's not orange"
    Laura Knotek likes this.