orange pixel 4

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine is also showing delivered by Oct 23rd/24th. I have to work those days so may not be home to receive it.

2019-10-172.png

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Mine is also showing delivered by Oct 23rd/24th. I have to work those days so may not be home to receive it.

View attachment 311836

I think you can leave a note on the door for them to leave the phone - an "indirect signature" - I have done this with several phone deliveries using FedEx.

This is from the FedEx tracking for the Note 10+ I have coming - same thing with Pixels, at least in my area.
I made the "release" in Excel and adapt to each delivery

fedex.JPG

aa.JPG

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I think you can leave a note on the door for them to leave the phone - an "indirect signature" - I have done this with several phone deliveries using FedEx.

This is from the FedEx tracking for the Note 10+ I have coming - same thing with Pixels, at least in my area.
I made the "release" in Excel and adapt to each delivery

That won't be an option for me sadly. My best option is to request for it to be left at the FedEx or UPS (whoever Google Canada uses for expedited shipping) store near my place for pickup. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Until the phone is in my hands I don't believe any "delivered by" dates.
Not pessimistic, realistic.
It was the same nonsense with the Pixel 2 and 3 and Note 10+ pre-orders.

View attachment 311835

My Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 3 both came a day early...

Looks like I'm waiting longer than you peeps.
Holy crap for a minute I was thinking..."wait there not shipping till Nov...I thought they shipped in OCT" Then I realized its just you...whew. Honestly I keep thinking I should cancel...I still love my Pixel 2 XL...

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
so my local vzw store finally put out the demo units and one of them was an orange one. while its not as orange as i would like, it looked more orange than coral. ill just have to keep an eye out on the play store to see when they are back in stock. i think ill most likely end up getting the orange xl

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just need to know if it's Clemson Orange... Living in SC, I know a bunch of people who will jump on it if it is. Some will jump on the opportunity to buy it, others will physically jump on it if they see one!

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
You guys are making me a little nervous. I'll be getting my orange XL tomorrow and I don't want it to look peach or coral or pink or any other color than orange. I went ahead and ordered orange last week after the event based on all the first hands-on videos and I thought it looked great. But, ya know, that could have been the lighting, the cameras they were using for filming, the monitor I was watching on, or a combination of all three. I mean, worst case I swap it out for a different color, then again it's going in a case anyway and I've only seen the back of my 3 XL a handful of times...just when I've removed the case to clean it.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You guys are making me a little nervous. I'll be getting my orange XL tomorrow and I don't want it to look peach or coral or pink or any other color than orange. I went ahead and ordered orange last week after the event based on all the first hands-on videos and I thought it looked great. But, ya know, that could have been the lighting, the cameras they were using for filming, the monitor I was watching on, or a combination of all three. I mean, worst case I swap it out for a different color, then again it's going in a case anyway and I've only seen the back of my 3 XL a handful of times...just when I've removed the case to clean it.

It really depends on the lighting on how it looks. Keep us posted on your thoughts, was hoping for more orange myself, but still like it.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an orange 4XL. It is not what I would call a traditional orange at all. That's what I expected from pictures. I tried to take a picture of it but it comes out looking more orange than it is.

If you go back to page 1 of this thread and look at the image placeholder for the video that KrisYYC posted from TechMeOut. She's holding three phones with the orange one on top toward us. That is a good representation of the color.

Soft. Coral. Creamsicle. 80's orange? I'm not as happy with it as I thought I would be. It's not awful. Just not necessarily my style. Easy to cover with a case. But - I decided to show it off for a few days in a clear case. I'll end up covering it.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The issue as mentioned, is the pic on the box is more orange than the phone itself. A review I saw mentioned this as well. I've also saw another review call it "peachy"

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

in that case i wouldnt worry about it. just slap a case on it and you will forget all about it. In my experience, it looked more peach rather than coral or orange. google should have named it better. its not orange.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
in that case i wouldnt worry about it. just slap a case on it and you will forget all about it. In my experience, it looked more peach rather than coral or orange. google should have named it better. its not orange.
Yeah, as long as I don't hate the color that probably exactly what I will do. Keep it in the case and forget about it. Perhaps Almost Orange would have been a better name???