They Look Better in Person and they Feel Great.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So I just went to my local Best Buy to see if the Google pavilion had any display models of the Pixel 4 and sure enough they had the white and the black in both sizes. Sadly no orange one on display however the Google rep there said he got to see the orange in person when he was in training for the new product roll-out. He said it looks really good in person.

One thing is for sure. They FEEL great in the hand. Very confident grip and matte edges and back glass feel very nice. One of the best in the hand feelings of any modern smartphone's I've tried.

I'm still torn between the Orange and the white though!

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I saw that the black is a smooth black glass, where the white/orange models are matte finish back. I couldn't attach my phone grip to my Pixel 3 glass back, so i'm glad the matte finish is back.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I will give them that. I'll admit I had the same judgements with the iPhone 11 Pro Max until I got one. Love the Matte Finish.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here still conflicted between white and orange

And the phone looks fantastic and it looked great even in the pics. Looks are subjective obviously but there are also some who hate just because it’s google.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw all color today at my local Verizon and I like the orange ... The phone look nice but I agree with some review the display isn't very bright if you compared with Iphone 11 it like night and day different..

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
So I just went to my local Best Buy to see if the Google pavilion had any display models of the Pixel 4 and sure enough they had the white and the black in both sizes. Sadly no orange one on display however the Google rep there said he got to see the orange in person when he was in training for the new product roll-out. He said it looks really good in person.

One thing is for sure. They FEEL great in the hand. Very confident grip and matte edges and back glass feel very nice. One of the best in the hand feelings of any modern smartphone's I've tried.

Doesn't matter how they "feel" in the hand, who isn't gonna be slapping on a case on the $800 phone they just bought?

When phones start to weight lighter and have grippy backs again (examples: KEY2 LE, Galaxy Active series) then it will make more sense to talk about how a phone feels in the hand.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

did he mention if the orange was actually orange or if it was more of a coral color?

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't matter how they "feel" in the hand, who isn't gonna be slapping on a case on the $800 phone they just bought?

When phones start to weight lighter and have grippy backs again (examples: KEY2 LE, Galaxy Active series) then it will make more sense to talk about how a phone feels in the hand.

Doesn't matter to you but it matters to a lot of people. Some of use don't slap nasty plastic cases on our nice new phones. We know it's risky but we live with it. I only use a case at work, all other times my phone is naked.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
did he mention if the orange was actually orange or if it was more of a coral color?

He said it was the exact same orange as the power button on the white one. Based on seeing the white one in person, I'd say it's definitely orange and not coral.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
He said it was the exact same orange as the power button on the white one. Based on seeing the white one in person, I'd say it's definitely orange and not coral.

I just stopped by a local Verizon store to look at them. The orange is somewhere between orange and coral, at least imo. Looks nice but ill probably stick with black20191017_120042.jpg

Last edited:

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got to play with one at the Best Buy in Vancouver.

It feels great to hold, unlike the Galaxy S10+ or the OP7 Pro. While I liked the display, I was less enamored by the lack of brightness of the screen. Even at 100%, it was not very bright and will probably not be bright enough to use outside in the sunlight. The other concern is battery life - I used it for a few minutes and battery life dropped about 2% in less than 5 minutes. This seems to be typical Pixel issues as it was the same with the Pixel 3, 2 etc.

The one thing I liked was the ability to theme the UI. Finally, we get the ability to change the font, colours etc. I also got a chance to play with the camera and it seemed fine but I didn't get a chance to examine the photos in more detail. Motion sense seems cool but other than a few use cases, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

My initial 2 cents! :)

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I got to play with one at the Best Buy in Vancouver.

It feels great to hold, unlike the Galaxy S10+ or the OP7 Pro. While I liked the display, I was less enamored by the lack of brightness of the screen. Even at 100%, it was not very bright and will probably not be bright enough to use outside in the sunlight. The other concern is battery life - I used it for a few minutes and battery life dropped about 2% in less than 5 minutes. This seems to be typical Pixel issues as it was the same with the Pixel 3, 2 etc.

The one thing I liked was the ability to theme the UI. Finally, we get the ability to change the font, colours etc. I also got a chance to play with the camera and it seemed fine but I didn't get a chance to examine the photos in more detail. Motion sense seems cool but other than a few use cases, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

My initial 2 cents! :)

Did the Best Buy you went to have an orange one?

lacough

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
My local Verizon Store has the Orange on display. Its only orange on the back.....and the button.....Looks pretty sweet and the material feels awesome

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Not trolling, not at all, but this Apple driven narrative made by Apple was the absolute dumbest trash in the smartphone space.

Grippy? yes. Confident grip? yes. Easy to hold? yes. "Premium" feel? "Feels good in hand"???? How utterly ridiculous.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Not trolling, not at all, but this Apple driven narrative made by Apple was the absolute dumbest trash in the smartphone space.

Grippy? yes. Confident grip? yes. Easy to hold? yes. "Premium" feel? "Feels good in hand"???? How utterly ridiculous.
LOL. watch all these people that say "feels good in the hand" slap a bulky case on it lol.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation is to actually visit a store and play with the devices yourself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. See for yourself how you like the devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo