Any special considerations with a screen protector and the new array of sensors?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't see an accessories thread here yet but this is sort of a broad question. The Pixel 4 has the array of sensors at the top for face unlock, motion sense, etc. More than we've had in the past.

I've looked at the screen protectors available and it's the usual spread from those with glass that goes on top of the array, those that don't cover the sensors at all (like a notch), and those with a black band and holes for the sensors.

I almost always opt for the latter (black band) because, in my experience, the ones with the notch just collect gunk along the top and look terrible.

I have not tried one of these that has clear glass across the top. It stretches all the way to the top, a single rectangular pane. I guess the cameras/sensors are supposed to see through it. I don't think I have even seen this style before I looked for the Pixel 4.

Obviously can't really go on reviews because the phone's not out. Any thoughts on which type to buy? Do we even need to do anything differently because of motion sense and face unlocking?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX