It's like Google is trying to fail

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Bezels aside, as I think this bezel hysteria is just damn stupid, but why did Google knee cap this phone so bad?

I mean, at 800 for a base model, you have got to get it right.

Pixel fan: WE LOVE THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER!

Google: Okay, good, let's just remove the fingerprint scanner and replace it with a controversial face scanner.

Pixel fans: We need a bigger battery, thank you for listening with the 3, can you up it more please? We don't mind a thicker phone, as we NEED more battery.

Google: We hear you, so here is a thin light phone, with a smaller battery.

Pixel fans: The storage is to small, we need a mSD card slot, but it's okay, as we can offload all of our pictures. We will deal with it.

Google: We hear you, we love you, so here is a teeny hard drive, no mSD support AND we are removing the cloud storage at original quality.

Seriously, what is wrong with Google. Who is asleep at the wheel? How much do we have to be angry to get this right?

My 2XL is brand new, I am skipping the 4XL, the 5 had better nail it.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
2 more from another pixel fan that will stay on Note 10+ this year and see if Google wakes up for Pixel 5.

Pixel fan: I have a pixel 3 XL and would like to upgrade to the upcoming pixel. I am a loyal customer and a good trade in value will get me loyal even more and ready to upgrade.

Google: we hear you. So here is $260 for your MINT pixel 3 XL. Oh and by the way, we appreciate apple phones more than our own pixels, it's why we are giving much more trade in value for apple phones (WTH Google? Seriously).

Pixel fan: almost most flagships now have ultra wide angle camera. You guys mastered camera quality. Give us ultra wide.

Google: we hear you, but you don't need it. We are going to charge you flagship prices but only give you telephoto.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
One more.

Pixel fan: amazing camera. Would be great if you up your game when it comes to video.

Google: thank you and we know that our competitors all moved to 4K at 60fps some time ago BUT we are doing shiiiiittt to improve that on pixel 4. we woul love to charge you flagship prices but only give you 4k at 30fps.

Facepalm

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
One more.

Pixel fan: amazing camera. Would be great if you up your game when it comes to video.

Google: thank you and we know that our competitors all moved to 4K at 60fps some time ago BUT we are doing shiiiiittt to improve that on pixel 4. we woul love to charge you flagship prices but only give you 4k at 30fps.

Facepalm
I wonder if they at least improved their video audio. I think I know the answer.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Bezels aside, as I think this bezel hysteria is just damn stupid, but why did Google knee cap this phone so bad?

I mean, at 800 for a base model, you have got to get it right.

Pixel fan: WE LOVE THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER!

Google: Okay, good, let's just remove the fingerprint scanner and replace it with a controversial face scanner.

Pixel fans: We need a bigger battery, thank you for listening with the 3, can you up it more please? We don't mind a thicker phone, as we NEED more battery.

Google: We hear you, so here is a thin light phone, with a smaller battery.

Pixel fans: The storage is to small, we need a mSD card slot, but it's okay, as we can offload all of our pictures. We will deal with it.

Google: We hear you, we love you, so here is a teeny hard drive, no mSD support AND we are removing the cloud storage at original quality.

Seriously, what is wrong with Google. Who is asleep at the wheel? How much do we have to be angry to get this right?

My 2XL is brand new, I am skipping the 4XL, the 5 had better nail it.

They've had MANY chances to nail it, and haven't yet, I don't see why the 5 will be any different. I think they're making pixels for fun, and don't actually expect to make a huge profit on tons of phones sold. I suspect it's more of an advertising ploy to get the Google name out there connected with their other products. The pixels a niche phone, always has been and I think it always will be......at least the way it's being marketed now.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm 50/50 on buying a 4xl. Currently have a 2 XL. I'm thinking of buying a note 10 or S10 plus instead.
I feel Google are giving less and less every year. There are 2 main reasons to buy a 4xl imo. Regular software updates and the camera.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Each model is an improvement and includes a range of new features. Which is why I'll buy it.
Like astrophotography? I mean come on. How many times you are going to take a picture of the night sky? 2 to 3 times and never again? No value add there. Why not give us ultra wide camera instead if this?? Or 128gb base model instead of this? Or a bigger battery instead of this? Features that will actually make a difference. Just my 2 cents.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm 50/50 on buying a 4xl. Currently have a 2 XL. I'm thinking of buying a note 10 or S10 plus instead.
I feel Google are giving less and less every year. There are 2 main reasons to buy a 4xl imo. Regular software updates and the camera.
I know it's 6-7 months old but I'm looking at a S10+ as well, don't want note cause I would never use the SPen. Plus Samsung is giving $450 for my 3XL trade in compared to Google $295

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I know it's 6-7 months old but I'm looking at a S10+ as well, don't want note cause I would never use the SPen. Plus Samsung is giving $450 for my 3XL trade in compared to Google $295
Like many here, I traded my pixel 3 XL for $600 and got the Note 10+. 256GB Base storage. MONSTER of a phone. I now have 10s of Disney movies downloaded right on my phone for my kids and not having to worry about data streaming usage. Things like this is what makes a difference in day to day usage not astrophotography lol.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Like many here, I traded my pixel 3 XL for $600 and got the Note 10+. 256GB Base storage. MONSTER of a phone. I now have 10s of Disney movies downloaded right on my phone for my kids and not having to worry about data streaming usage. Things like this is what makes a difference in day to day usage not astrophotography lol.

Yeah, It’s the little things that mean the most.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I think the black friday deals are going to be off the charts. Sales are going to be terrible for this phone. Wait until all the bad reviews get their release next week.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Like astrophotography? I mean come on. How many times you are going to take a picture of the night sky? 2 to 3 times and never again? No value add there. Why not give us ultra wide camera instead if this?? Or 128gb base model instead of this? Or a bigger battery instead of this? Features that will actually make a difference. Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree here. Also I'm on pixel 2 xl and was looking forward to upgrading but a 64 gig base model is ridiculous.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Google seems to be hiring former Apple executives.

All the BS is Apple like.

I'm shocked Apple listened. Making the 11 Pro/Max thicker hence bigger and better battery life. Adding Ultra Wide and improving the front according to my girl.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
My wife has a fairly new 2 XL and I was seriously contemplating getting a Pixel in the not to distant future. That thought quickly went out the window after seeing their Pixel 4 offerings. Definitely won't be spending 1K (CAD) for a measly 64GB , that's a joke.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean to say Google is trying to put forth a vision and it doesn't comply with what you think it should be? Do you have a better smartphone to offer? yeah I'm being snarky tonight.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean to say Google is trying to put forth a vision and it doesn't comply with what you think it should be? Do you have a better smartphone to offer? yeah I'm being snarky tonight.

You can be as snarky as you like, but it's pretty clear that this phone is objectively lacking features.

One case in point, the smaller battery in the regular 4.

The giant security hole in the face unlock.

The lack of fingerprint scanner that PIXEL fans cheered.

Do I have a better smart phone? Well no, as I am not a tech company, that doesn't mean that I can't call out and recongize bad.

I can't throw a football, I know when a quarterback is playing bad.

I can't play the guitar, I know when one is out of tune.

Your snark is misguided and ridiculous.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Nope it doesn't and that's why it won't grace my hands. In my opinion their vision is slanted, and I'm doubting their camera tech (which helped put them on the map) will continue to be their saviour. Nothing too earth shattering brought to the 4, imo.

Do you have a better smartphone to offer? Sure do, one's that more inline with MY vision and not the manufactures.

BTW... I used quotes so there's no doubt to whom my question is being directed at. Yup being snarky too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463