Pixel 4 reviews

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is going to hurt Google, especially considering Apple added 5 hours of battery life to their flagship phone. Google should be embarrassed.

This will not sell well and doesn't deserve to.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The mobile nations (AC and Mr Mobile) were brutal on the phone overall. Verge Dieter was more positive. Either way looks like great experience but battery life is a major concern.

Personally i don’t care but anyone with some brain would have seen this coming in all reviews. It’s concerning the people leading the pixel team can’t see this based on some of the decisions they make.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mean, it sucks that one has to disable one of the core new features of the phones in order to eke out some extra battery life.

I’m wondering if I should get the OnePlus 7T instead.
Yeah it does, but according to google it doesn't stay 90hz all the time it switches based on content where as the One Plus either u choose 90hz or 60hz..
Now on my 1+7pro I leave 90hz all the time and with its 4000mah battery I get no more then 6 hours SOT and 1 day battery life

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
From what I gather, the battery life is disappointing, but primarily if you get 3-4 hours of screen time on a regular basis.

I'm not especially worried about the battery life, my usage doesn't usually involve that much screen time.

It seems that most, if not all the reviews are of the Pixel 4. Is no one doing a review of the Pixel 4XL?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am ok with the 4xl battery at least I think I can go full day but the screen brightness is deal breaker for me because I like to watch movies on my phone and I prefer full bright beautiful screen.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I cannot remember who it was. There is a Reddit post, where a reviewer stated his battery life got better as time went on. He was getting 6-7 hours of SoT

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The A.C. ones are fairly damning, battery wise. Ouch.

I mean yes and no they still gave them pretty high scores and pretty much giving them a pass because of the camera and the SofTwaRe experience. This phone is a dumpster fire and Google needs a swift kick in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781