11-03-2019 02:47 PM
119 1234 ...
tools
    I'm already starting a wish list for the Pixel 5. Google needs to quit mucking about and put the good hardware into the phones already. If they're going to charge premium prices, they need to have premium hardware.

Once they (finally) do that, then their superior software integration will make an absolute killer phone.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-22-2019 10:05 AM
    Yeah saw that like an hour ago. He said for tech people who are willing to spend money on an over priced phone he recommends it bc still a great phone but when compared to the price of the iPhone 11 $699 and it what you get from it for the average person he won't recommend it. Sort of have to agree with him to be honest. Google should of priced these phones at least $50 cheaper imho then maybe they wouldn't get as much negativity. Over all he still gave it props etc. Just like most phones you have to compromise but I wish battery wasn't one of the compromises.

LOL I'd go back to a landline before I bought an iPhone. I'm near enough to a charger all day 99% of the time and I don't have a need for wide angle so I'm perfectly happy with the Pixel.
    Perhaps a better option for Android fans is the OnePlus 7 Pro, or OnePlus 7T. Yea the camera is not as good (BUT its very serviceable), but in every other way its just as good if not better. And OnePlus has gotten MUCH, MUCH better at doing the updates. Of course the Pixel phones are better at updates, but OnePlus is not far off!
    10-22-2019 10:21 AM
    Perhaps a better option for Android fans is the OnePlus 7 Pro, or OnePlus 7T. Yea the camera is not as good (BUT its very serviceable), but in every other way its just as good if not better. And OnePlus has gotten MUCH, MUCH better at doing the updates. Of course the Pixel phones are better at updates, but OnePlus is not far off!
    Yeah, been debating about it, but OnePlus 8 is supposed to finally have wireless charging. I will wait for that if it's true.
    radgatt and pkcable like this.
    10-22-2019 10:30 AM
    I mean if I was to buy a non Pixel device that would probably be the one.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-22-2019 10:32 AM
    Google was smart to align with Verizon at first. As a Verizon customer, we have very limited options for phones. I don't want an iPhone, I am not an overall Samsung fan, and the LG V series is enjoyable but not exactly what I want. Pixel for many of us is the only real option. Especially, for those of who have bad credit and utilize the trade in program. It just works.
    Ben_70 likes this.
    10-22-2019 11:11 AM
    Internal storage still at 64 or 128 gigs, free original storage gone, and a downgraded pixel battery.... It really makes me feel like Google is being stingy.

Google is really pushing people into Google One with these imo purposefully anemic phones. I can see taking away original storage but 128 gigs should have been the minimum this year if there were only two storage options. I'm still going to purchase the phone, but I'm waiting on a sale. Maybe...
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    10-22-2019 11:38 AM
    I'm still going to purchase the phone, but I'm waiting on a sale. Maybe...
    I'm waiting for Black Friday, simply because I'm tired of feeling burned every Black Friday.

If there's no orange available then though, will probably still have that feeling 😬
    N4Newbie likes this.
    10-22-2019 11:41 AM
    I'm waiting for Black Friday, simply because I'm tired of feeling burned every Black Friday.

If there's no orange available then though, will probably still have that feeling
    I am also waiting to see the pricing during Black Friday. Been buying it since day one last couple years, got burned by Google every year.
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    10-22-2019 11:49 AM
    Seems unfortunate that the phone's being panned. I've kept a casual eye on the Pixel over the years but have always stopped far short of getting one because of the lack of expandable storage. I suppose that if all flagships adopt 1TB as base storage someday my concerns would be alleviated. I was ready to pounce on a 1TB Note10 Plus (5G even!) but word of that purported device was just a speculative mirage.
    10-22-2019 12:21 PM
    What I dont understand is he compares the pixel to the iphone 11 pro camera throughout the video, then at the end throws the pixel under the bus for price in comparison to the iphone 11 (not pro). Seems silly to me. MKBHD is a huge youtuber, and I take the big guys' reviews with a grain of salt these days - who's paying them the most money!
    qnet, Ben_70 and J Dubbs like this.
    10-22-2019 12:29 PM
    What I dont understand is he compares the pixel to the iphone 11 pro camera throughout the video, then at the end throws the pixel under the bus for price in comparison to the iphone 11 (not pro). Seems silly to me. MKBHD is a huge youtuber, and I take the big guys' reviews with a grain of salt these days - who's paying them the most money!
    It is the same camera despite the telephoto lens, but you get the same quality for most shots. Probably why he did that. Either way, he is a huge pixel guy, so not a great look. But he did say for the tech enthusiast, like most on a forum like this, it will be a good phone and I am still excited about it.
    qnet, radgatt and Smply_Rckless like this.
    10-22-2019 12:40 PM
    I thought it was a fair review for the most part. DreamSTI did make a good point about the price compare at the end IMHO.

I'm a MKBHD fan, and have been a Google phone fan since the Nexus One. I once spent a lot of time on these forums. I don't know enough about photography to debate the wide-angle lense stuff.

I do agree with him about the battery life, missing fingerprint sensor and the face unlock bothers me some. I will definitely set the face unlock up for not bypassing the lock screen.
    10-22-2019 12:52 PM
    Agree, they are making a Nexus phone and charging iPhone prices. For me, they don't have a compelling argument given the price. And the low trade in values for the 3 series make it even worse.
    ^^So much this.

The Nexus reviews used to all say something like "excellent phone... considering the price point" (same with One Plus). Now they're charging more and keeping the compromises. On top of that, removing the unlimited OG picture quality perk and not increasing the baseline storage is crazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS, this is a little lemon juice in that paper cut: http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-use...r-do-that/amp/
    10-22-2019 01:34 PM
    Samsung phones can save in HEIF format as well, I didn't know that would be free original backup to Google Photos
    Sophos likes this.
    10-22-2019 01:45 PM
    Samsung phones can save in HEIF format as well, I didn't know that would be free original backup to Google Photos
    Thx for this. Just switched it on my N10.
    10-22-2019 02:28 PM
    Google acknowledged it's a bug they are fixing .. I expect it won't be this way for long for iPhone pics
    10-22-2019 02:37 PM
    Google acknowledged it's a bug they are fixing .. I expect it won't be this way for long for iPhone pics
    So they will count it towards the storage even though the file size is actually smaller then Googles compressed high quality JPEG?

Makes zero sense lol. Doesn't sound like it's a bug, more like a feature that Google should use and enable for everyone
    10-22-2019 03:05 PM
    So they will count it towards the storage even though the file size is actually smaller then Googles compressed high quality JPEG?

Makes zero sense lol. Doesn't sound like it's a bug, more like a feature that Google should use and enable for everyone
    Haha a bug for them
    10-22-2019 03:09 PM

Truth!
    10-22-2019 03:16 PM
    I really don't trust MKBHD or any YouTuber because they use the phone different than average people and always complain about stupid thing like Bazel or high refresh rate screen which is no one care in everyday use.

I have S10+ and iPhone XS max and OnePlus 7 pro and I haven't seen any big difference when I scrolled on website and I am currently used Pixel 2XL panda and I never have problem with top and bottom Bazel..and my pixel 2 xl battery s still easily last all day with around 5-6 SOT which is good enough for normal people.

I am really like the look of pixel 4 xl and definitely get one if maybe $200 off..

I just want Google or any company just make a good smart phone for normal people don't listen to stupid YouTuber that prefer a lot of gimmick stuff..
    10-22-2019 06:38 PM
    high refresh rate screen which is no one care in everyday use.
    Uh.... I definitely disagree with you here. Most people that have gone to high refresh rate screens absolutely love them.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    10-22-2019 06:46 PM
    I understand I used OP 7 pro for a while but I don't think it is a big difference.
    Uh.... I definitely disagree with you here. Most people that have gone to high refresh rate screens absolutely love them.
    10-22-2019 06:48 PM
    I understand I used OP 7 pro foelr a while but I don't think it is a big difference.
    You're def. in the minority on that one lol.
    bembol, aggie and Smply_Rckless like this.
    10-22-2019 06:48 PM
    You're def. in the minority on that one lol.
    I'm also with him and in the minority of can't really differentiate the 90hz from normal. Couldn't with OP7 pro earlier, got my 7T today and can't make out any difference with that as well compared to other phones.

But yes majority of people do seem to easily spot the difference but there are some who can't see the difference. If a phone doesn't have high refresh rate screen I'm absolutely fine with it
    10-22-2019 06:57 PM
    I'm also with him and in the minority of can't really differentiate the 90hz from normal. Couldn't with OP7 pro earlier, got my 7T today and can't make out any difference with that as well compared to other phones.

But yes majority of people do seem to easily spot the difference but there are some who can't see the difference. If a phone doesn't have high refresh rate screen I'm absolutely fine with it
    Oh yeah not saying people won't be fine with it. I am using a iPhone 11 Pro Max .. def. not 90.. but I have seen the 90 in person and I can see the difference and would absolutely love to have it.

If I got the Pixel 4 I would do what MKBHD did and force 90Hz at all time.
    bhatech and mustang7757 like this.
    10-22-2019 06:58 PM
119 1234 ...