11-03-2019 02:47 PM
119 12345
tools
    Oh yeah not saying people won't be fine with it. I am using a iPhone 11 Pro Max .. def. not 90.. but I have seen the 90 in person and I can see the difference and would absolutely love to have it.

If I got the Pixel 4 I would do what MKBHD did and force 90Hz at all time.
    That's what I do on my 1+7pro , takes little bit battery hit but worth it to me .
    10-22-2019 07:29 PM
    I have yet to see one phone where people don't complain about battery life. Everyone always wants more battery. Just sayin...
    iPhone pro max. Or the p30 pro but can’t get that in the US
    10-22-2019 07:39 PM
    I really like the 90Hz refresh on my OP7 Pro. It's not dramatically different from a 60Hz screen but I do notice it. Having said that, it doesn't distract from phones with 60hz screens, especially after you use them for a while.

My concern was when MKBHD said that the P4 XL didn't change form 90 to 60Hz well and he had to force 90Hz. I hope this isn't something I notice a lot when I get mine. The OP7 Pro auto switches and I never notice it.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-22-2019 07:53 PM
    Guaranteed there's someone complaining that the battery doesn't last long enough.
    10-22-2019 07:53 PM
    In terms of battery life issues, Google with come up with some excuse such as the software isn't optimized yet or all of the apps are not optimized to see the full potential of how good the battery life can be. They won't admit to it of course, just like they didn't with the memory management issues on the last one.
    10-22-2019 08:49 PM
    Wow this has gone off the rails super fast lol
    But not as fast as the Pixel 4's battery life! Ooooh!

Couldn't resist.

Despite whatever the reviews are saying the fact is nothing is going to change what the phones currently have hardware wise. Perhaps there will be some battery improvements seen with future updates but there's only so much that can be done.

This is it folks, these are the Pixel 4 phones. Take it or leave it. Love it or hate it.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    10-22-2019 09:12 PM
    Cleaned some posts. Sorry about that folks.
    10-22-2019 09:17 PM
    I am impressed with what Apple has done with batteries this year, a little jelly even but I'm still getting the Pixel 4 XL just because it's what "I" like 😎. Well that and I have plenty of chargers 😜
    TgeekB and Bkdodger1 like this.
    10-22-2019 09:21 PM
    I am impressed with what Apple has done with batteries this year, a little jelly even but I'm still getting the Pixel 4 XL just because it's what "I" like . Well that and I have plenty of chargers
    Speaking of chargers I really need to invest in some wireless chargers around the house... so many people say they do that and love it. I usually only have one lol.
    10-22-2019 09:22 PM
    Speaking of chargers I really need to invest in some wireless chargers around the house... so many people say they do that and love it. I usually only have one lol.
    I'm usually covered well with my charger at home, Android Auto on the go and a Pixel stand at work. I may get an extra Pixel stand to put at my best friends place.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2019 09:25 PM
    I'm usually covered well with my charger at home, Android Auto on the go and a Pixel stand at work. I may get an extra Pixel stand to put at my best friends place.
    Absolutely love Android Auto / Car Play.
    Torisen1 likes this.
    10-22-2019 09:28 PM
    Google really dropped the ball this year. The Pixel 3 XL last year was so much better than the iPhone XS Max, but that's because its single camera on the back did so much better than the two cameras on the back of the iPhone XS Max. And it also had stellar battery life.

If Google would've put a larger battery (at least 4500 mAh), and three cameras on the back (regular, wide angle, and 2X zoom), then it would've had a winner on its hands. But because it only has two cameras and sub par battery life, I won't be picking one up. This will be the first year where I won't be picking up a Pixel device and I'm not all that happy about it. Seems like the OnePlus 7T would be the better buy. I was going to trade in my iPhone 11 Pro Max for a Pixel 4 XL, but now I'm not going to. I love the versatility of the iPhone's cameras and Apple just kills it in video recording.
    10-22-2019 09:44 PM
    What's great is the pixel 4 can be used on any Qi fast wireless charger unlike the pixel 3
    dsignori and qnet like this.
    10-22-2019 09:46 PM
    The thing that’s embarrassing about the Pixel that it still can’t even compare to an iPhone 7 in the video recording department. It’s the 4th iteration of this phone and still no 4K @ 60 on the rear camera and the front camera doesn’t even record in 1080 @ 60 LOL. Such a joke.
    10-22-2019 11:44 PM
    Google really dropped the ball this year. The Pixel 3 XL last year was so much better than the iPhone XS Max, but that's because its single camera on the back did so much better than the two cameras on the back of the iPhone XS Max. And it also had stellar battery life.

If Google would've put a larger battery (at least 4500 mAh), and three cameras on the back (regular, wide angle, and 2X zoom), then it would've had a winner on its hands. But because it only has two cameras and sub par battery life, I won't be picking one up. This will be the first year where I won't be picking up a Pixel device and I'm not all that happy about it. Seems like the OnePlus 7T would be the better buy. I was going to trade in my iPhone 11 Pro Max for a Pixel 4 XL, but now I'm not going to. I love the versatility of the iPhone's cameras and Apple just kills it in video recording.
    I have no opinion on your decision, just that I wouldn't have traded my Iphone 11 pro max for the Pixel 4 XL, no matter what it had. You could sell it for much more.
    10-23-2019 12:02 AM
    That's your opinion and your welcome to it. Personally I'd rather use a DROID X for the rest of my life than ever use an iPhone
    10-23-2019 12:05 AM
    Fanboys are finding excuses to defend Google. This release will show it.

No company is perfect. I heavily criticized Apple, Samsung, etc. I said that the Galaxy S4 is one of the worst flagships ever released, I kept it for 2 weeks. TouchWiz is the reason why I kept switching back to Apple & BlackBerry.
    10-23-2019 12:41 AM
    It will not fast charge unless it's on an EPP approved charger per Android Central.

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-...s-charging?amp
    https://www.androidcentral.com/pixel...any-qi-chargerMKBHD Review is Out. Google can NOT be happy lol-screenshot_20191023-010643_chrome.jpeg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2019 01:08 AM
    It will not fast charge unless it's on an EPP approved charger per Android Central.

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-...s-charging?amp
    I like to welcome you as a new member!
    You getting the pixel 4?
    10-23-2019 01:10 AM
    Fanboys are finding excuses to defend Google. This release will show it.

No company is perfect. I heavily criticized Apple, Samsung, etc. I said that the Galaxy S4 is one of the worst flagships ever released, I kept it for 2 weeks. TouchWiz is the reason why I kept switching back to Apple & BlackBerry.
    I'm pretty sure this phone is gonna be fine for my needs, so I'm still looking forward to receiving mine.

I remember that Samsung phones weren't really anything to get excited about until the Galaxy S6. The Pixel 4 doesn't look like it was the step forward that I and a lot of people were hoping for. But I'm betting that Google will learn from this, and I'm hoping that they get their **** together by their 5th iteration, and not need a 6th like Samsung did.

But at any rate this phone will fit my usage model just fine.
    10-23-2019 01:18 AM
    Oh boy. Google must be watching all these reviews and going, "Hmmmm, I think we messed up" lol

Marques is normally a HUGE pixel fan. For him to not recommend this phone to most people, is saying something.

Probably a retaliatory remark related in respect of money. Isn't that how the majority of the USA YouTube influencers are paid / sponsored for?
    10-23-2019 01:21 AM
    The thing that’s embarrassing about the Pixel that it still can’t even compare to an iPhone 7 in the video recording department. It’s the 4th iteration of this phone and still no 4K @ 60 on the rear camera and the front camera doesn’t even record in 1080 @ 60 LOL. Such a joke.
    Yeah you can say its embarrassing iPhone finally comes with a faster charger in box, oh wait the base one doesn't and has to be purchased separately. What about 11 iteration and no split screen yet but iPads have it ,or wait maybe you dont use that feature and maybe I don't use 4k@60 ... No phone is perfect and I know Google left some things off the table but it's still going be one of best experience on a android phone . I'll purchase one later on and hope they get it close to perfect with the next one .
    bhatech likes this.
    10-23-2019 01:36 AM
    I thought it was a fair review for the most part. DreamSTI did make a good point about the price compare at the end IMHO.

I'm a MKBHD fan, and have been a Google phone fan since the Nexus One. I once spent a lot of time on these forums. I don't know enough about photography to debate the wide-angle lense stuff.

I do agree with him about the battery life, missing fingerprint sensor and the face unlock bothers me some. I will definitely set the face unlock up for not bypassing the lock screen.
    Someone did that and said the notifications were slow to open from the lock screen but normal speed from the pull down, so they changed it back.
    With the issues that unwanted unlocks pose, maybe the best is to keep the lock screen and swipe unlock for the notifications. That's my plan anyway rn.
    10-23-2019 07:18 AM
    I have yet to see one phone where people don't complain about battery life. Everyone always wants more battery. Just sayin...
    I got a Huawei p30 pro last Friday. It has a 4200Mah battery and fast charging. Totally different. I am no a video consumer and never had much of problem on my Pixel 3 but then I'm a happy guy although I hate EMUI--so far.
    dsneedmd likes this.
    10-23-2019 07:59 AM
    I've been trying to wonder why at this price point you have to buy the headphones separately as well as the USB to regular headphone jack converter. The latter fine but still, no headphones? Does Google assume everyone is coming from Pixel 2 or 3?
    10-23-2019 08:19 AM
119 12345