11-03-2019 02:47 PM
119 ... 2345
tools
    I've been trying to wonder why at this price point you have to buy the headphones separately as well as the USB to regular headphone jack converter. The latter fine but still, no headphones? Does Google assume everyone is coming from Pixel 2 or 3?
    I for one have never used the headphones that came in the box with a phone. Personally I throw them straight in the trash. They aren't very good...
    10-23-2019 09:05 AM
    I for one have never used the headphones that came in the box with a phone. Personally I throw them straight in the trash. They aren't very good...
    The ones that came with the 3XL weren't bad as far as sound. I didn't like the ear fit.
    10-23-2019 09:07 AM
    So if you drop your screen brightness down to 75% or below, Smooth Display also drops the refresh rate from 90Hz to 60Hz. This "feature" is widely considered to be a battery saving measure.

The 90Hz display is the only thing saving the Pixel 4, and if it's not even going to work unless I'm blasting the brightness, then it's pretty useless.

I'm on the verge of canceling my pre-order. Google seriously doesn't deserve full price for this device. The reviews are universally panning the battery life. Google did it again -- they let a hardware mistake create a problem that didn't need to exist. It's officially their RAM-issue of this year.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-23-2019 09:08 AM
    The ones that came with the 3XL weren't bad as far as sound. I didn't like the ear fit.
    I just don't understand why everyone gets upset about them. 9 out of 10 people have other Bluetooth headphones they use. I rarely see anyone with wired headphones anymore. Just sayin...
    10-23-2019 09:10 AM
    Yes but what is the reasoning if they've included them up to this point? Despite whether some people use them or not or people using Bluetooth headphones? Why do it and keep same price? Or because of the soli features maybe the cost had to be reduced elsewhere? It's more of the removing features part that bugs me personally however others may be fine with it.
    10-23-2019 09:29 AM
    The Pixel 2XL didn't have them.
    10-23-2019 09:36 AM
    I just don't understand why everyone gets upset about them. 9 out of 10 people have other Bluetooth headphones they use. I rarely see anyone with wired headphones anymore. Just sayin...
    I don't care if they if they include earbuds but plenty of people still use wired.
    TgeekB and J Dubbs like this.
    10-23-2019 09:55 AM
    So if you drop your screen brightness down to 75% or below, Smooth Display also drops the refresh rate from 90Hz to 60Hz. This "feature" is widely considered to be a battery saving measure.

The 90Hz display is the only thing saving the Pixel 4, and if it's not even going to work unless I'm blasting the brightness, then it's pretty useless.

I'm on the verge of canceling my pre-order. Google seriously doesn't deserve full price for this device. The reviews are universally panning the battery life. Google did it again -- they let a hardware mistake create a problem that didn't need to exist. It's officially their RAM-issue of this year.
    Pretty hard to call something official when it was announced a week ago and the majority of people don't have their phones yet.... But go off
    10-23-2019 09:59 AM
    I'm honestly not trying to sound like an Android Homer when I say this but the zoom is going to be more useful to me than the wide angle lense. I mean just last week I was trying to take a picture of an Elk out in a field and the zoom got so grainy. I hope the zoom is as clear as they say it is.
    I generally agree with your statement. But ...you know, on instgram, they have the pixel based takes that do dozens of pics a day...and that wide angle sure takes some good pics....if those are the pics you want to take.

There is clearly a good argument here
    10-23-2019 10:01 AM
    I agree. Getting upset about the lack of a headphone jack on devices at this point is nonsensical. It’s something that should be expected by now.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-23-2019 10:16 AM
    I don't care if they if they include earbuds but plenty of people still use wired.
    I understand but the "free" ones are hot garbage. It's like complaining because you don't get a free car wash when you take your car in for service (for those that don't know they only half clean it and scratch the crap out if your car). Just doesn't make any sense to me...
    10-23-2019 11:56 AM
    I generally agree with your statement. But ...you know, on instgram, they have the pixel based takes that do dozens of pics a day...and that wide angle sure takes some good pics....if those are the pics you want to take.

There is clearly a good argument here
    I agree that everyone has their own needs. I'm just saying, for me, if the telephoto works well on the Pixel 4 XL I'll be a very happy camper. I'll use that more than the wide angle. I know that's not for everyone but that's just my take on it...
    10-23-2019 11:59 AM
    Check out his camera comparison with Supersaf. He prefers the Pixel photos in the large majority of comparisons and for most pictures he would take - though as an all around camera he prefers the iPhone for to video and wide angle.
    10-23-2019 01:48 PM
    I understand but the "free" ones are hot garbage. It's like complaining because you don't get a free car wash when you take your car in for service (for those that don't know they only half clean it and scratch the crap out if your car). Just doesn't make any sense to me...
    The sound is OK for the average person but getting them to fit properly is difficult. I don't use them.
    10-23-2019 02:05 PM
    The sound is OK for the average person but getting them to fit properly is difficult. I don't use them.
    I agree I could care less if they are in the box or not. I throw them away...
    SwitchBoardDj likes this.
    10-23-2019 02:11 PM
    I just got mine delivered. I can tell you one thing the no back, home, and recent apps buttons is going to take some getting used to...
    10-23-2019 02:13 PM
    I just got mine delivered. I can tell you one thing the no back, home, and recent apps buttons is going to take some getting used to...
    You can go into the settings and opt for the old 3 button navigation if you want, but it won't take long to get used to it - and it does free up some screen real estate. Plus, I think I read something about the improved GA only working with the new gesture navigation.
    10-23-2019 02:29 PM
    Yea I'm sure I'll get added to it. It's just gonna take a couple days lol
    10-23-2019 02:32 PM
    I’m not sure but a lot of people I know, including myself, still use wired headphones.
    J Dubbs and Smply_Rckless like this.
    10-23-2019 05:41 PM
    I’m not sure but a lot of people I know, including myself, still use wired headphones.
    I know some people still use them. I just don't understand why people go nuts over the crappy ones that come free with the phone. I mean you can get MUCH better ones for not a lot of money.
    10-23-2019 05:44 PM
    I know other still use them. I just don't understand why people go nuts over the crappy ones that come free with the phone. I mean you can get MUCH better ones for not a lot of money.
    I understand. Free is free.
    10-23-2019 05:44 PM
    If it's something I used all the time I'd certainly want something decent. A few dollars makes a big difference when your taking about sound quality from ear buds
    10-23-2019 05:46 PM
    Here is CNET. I dont think I saw one review that praised Pixel this year.

10-30-2019 09:51 PM
    In a year of going to the gym, I've seen maybe 1-2 very mature individuals using wired headsets. Everyone else uses bluetooth ear buds.
    10-31-2019 12:30 AM
    In a year of going to the gym, I've seen maybe 1-2 very mature individuals using wired headsets. Everyone else uses bluetooth ear buds.
    Does that represent the entire world?
    I understand the trend is going to wireless, but wired is still popular.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-02-2019 09:31 PM
119 ... 2345