MKBHD Review is Out. Google can NOT be happy lol

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
There has to be a reason to what Google did this year. They aren't stupid and releasing what they did does not make sense. My note 10 blows the pixel 4 away in every sense. I see the note and the pro max being the top two devices this year the pixel just dosent cut it.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
There has to be a reason to what Google did this year. They aren't stupid and releasing what they did does not make sense. My note 10 blows the pixel 4 away in every sense. I see the note and the pro max being the top two devices this year the pixel just dosent cut it.
My Tab S6 will be here Monday to complement my note 10+. Samsung won me over with their $600 trade in for my pixel 3 XL. I am a happy camper. I'll sit tight until pixel 5 and Note 11. Rumors are Samsung will be revolutionizing their camera on the S11 (which will flow to Note 11). Let's see. If they do, they are winning me again as a Note user.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
My Tab S6 will be here Monday to complement my note 10+. Samsung won me over with their $600 trade in for my pixel 3 XL. I am a happy camper. I'll sit tight until pixel 5 and Note 11. Rumors are Samsung will be revolutionizing their camera on the S11 (which will flow to Note 11). Let's see. If they do, they are winning me again as a Note user.

Anxious to see how you like this tablet - was thinking of getting one.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site

I had the Note 10+ and sold it after 3 weeks. The phone still stuttered and to this day, I still can't get with all the extra bloat that the Samsung devices have.

I'm sure the phone works out for most people. But it just didn't work out for me.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 10+ and sold it after 3 weeks. The phone still stuttered and to this day, I still can't get with all the extra bloat that the Samsung devices have.

I'm sure the phone works out for most people. But it just didn't work out for me.

What extra bloat? I have less bloat on Note then on Pixel

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
What extra bloat? I have less bloat on Note then on Pixel

Come on now...lol

All the double apps Samsung out on their phones

And I don't know what carrier you have, but I find it really hard to imagine that the you have more bloat on a Pixel than the Note.

Do you have a unlocked Note or carrier Note?

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Come on now...lol

All the double apps Samsung out on their phones

And I don't know what carrier you have, but I find it really hard to imagine that the you have more bloat on a Pixel than the Note.

Do you have a unlocked Note or carrier Note?

I have unlocked Note and I simply uninstalled all apps that I dont need or want (even Bixby). I dont think there was many doubles, maybe a few. If I prefer to download and use Google app, I uninstall Samsung double, that's it. Some apps made by Samsung are alot better then what Google has, so I kept those. (Calendar, calc, clock, some other maybe)

I think Google phones force you to lots of apps too. I dont use Music, books, movies, games, daydreams, bunch of accessibility apps, etc. Not even sure you can uninstall some on Pixel, maybe just disable. On Samsung you can disable or uninstall anything you want

And speaking of Google apps....there are so many bugs with this dark mode crap, its nuts (Keep app and News app in particular). Google widgets are either broken or just look ugly, and you cant choose if you want dark widget or not. Samsung done this the proper way, I wish I could replace more apps with Samsung ones

Last edited:

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I have unlocked Note and I simply uninstalled all apps that I dont need or want (even Bixby). I dont think there was many doubles, maybe a few. If I prefer to download and use Google app, I uninstall Samsung double, that's it. Some apps made by Samsung are alot better then what Google has, so I kept those. (Calendar, calc, clock, some other maybe)

I think Google phones force you to lots of apps too. I dont use Music, books, movies, games, daydreams, bunch of accessibility apps, etc. Not even sure you can uninstall some on Pixel, maybe just disable. On Samsung you can disable or uninstall anything you want

And speaking of Google apps....there are so many bugs with this dark mode crap, its nuts (Keep app and News app in particular). Google widgets are either broken or just look ugly, and you cant choose if you want dark widget or not. Samsung done this the proper way, I wish I could replace more apps with Samsung ones

Oh I got you. I understand now Good points too. The only thing big I wished google would’ve did was make it where you can schedule dark mode to occur automatically instead of manually.

The google apps you’re talking about is not bloat imo. Apps that is bloat is games, extra apps that no one will use. Google has its own apps preinstalled because they all work together. Just like Apple does with their apps on the iPhone.

Samsung does this too or tries to. Thats why they have their own apps Preinstalled on top of the google apps.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh I got you. I understand now Good points too. The only thing big I wished google would’ve did was make it where you can schedule dark mode to occur automatically instead of manually.

The google apps you’re talking about is not bloat imo. Apps that is bloat is games, extra apps that no one will use. Google has its own apps preinstalled because they all work together. Just like Apple does with their apps on the iPhone.

Samsung does this too or tries to. Thats why they have their own apps Preinstalled on top of the google apps.

Yes Samsung does let you schedule dark mode and you can make widgets light or dark separately from the app, also transparently option is very nice. Not sure why Google doesn't do it this way.
As far as preinstalled apps, I just want to remove what I don't use. On Samsung its easy, not sure if Google let's you uninstall apps, I always disabled some of them.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes Samsung does let you schedule dark mode and you can make widgets light or dark separately from the app, also transparently option is very nice. Not sure why Google doesn't do it this way.
As far as preinstalled apps, I just want to remove what I don't use. On Samsung its easy, not sure if Google let's you uninstall apps, I always disabled some of them.
Samsung widgets are so much nicer. Look no further that Samsung calendar widget vs Google calendar widget. Not even a comparison.

Google just never gave their widgets a serious design thoughts. Oh well.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung widgets are so much nicer. Look no further that Samsung calendar widget vs Google calendar widget. Not even a comparison.

Google just never gave their widgets a serious design thoughts. Oh well.

Unfortunately I am stuck with ugly Google Keep. I cant find all features that I need in other apps. Need reminders, collaboration, and widget that would display notes in specific folder.
News widget I actually like. But its buddy as hell. Sometimes it's all white, other times its flickering, and now with dark mode it turns dark and no news are visible....its ridiculous

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
M
Unfortunately I am stuck with ugly Google Keep. I cant find all features that I need in other apps. Need reminders, collaboration, and widget that would display notes in specific folder.
News widget I actually like. But its buddy as hell. Sometimes it's all white, other times its flickering, and now with dark mode it turns dark and no news are visible....its ridiculous
Microsoft One Note?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
MMicrosoft One Note?
For simple notes, Google keep is so much better for me than OneNote. OneNote feels very bloated and the app isn't that great in terms of UI. I use both, mostly OneNote for work notes etc, Google keep for quick personal notes.

Never going to use Samsung notes or any crap service that works only on their device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc