Do Apple users hate on the Apple 11 Pro Max like Android users hate the Pixel 4?

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just curious.... So much hate. Have Links to the forums with the hate?

I love my Pixel 4XL!

I don't think the feelings are as strong for us iPhone users towards the 11 Pro Max as I see for the Pixel phones. Don't have a good reason to think this but I visit the Androidcentral and iMore sites each day and am surprised at the amount of Pixel 4 complaints. Hopefully you will get more responses to your posts.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
No, not at all. I think the most "hate" you will get on the Apple side of things right now is that the phones still ship with 64gb as the base and iOS 13 is still kind of buggy. I think Android 10 is running WAY better on a Pixel 3 that I have than iOS 13 runs on my iPhone 11 pro. Other than that, they are what we expected or perhaps greater than expected with the iPhone 11 and it's price drop.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm enjoying my Pixel 4 XL, but Google should strive to give us less reasons to "hate" the Pixel 4 -- unfortunately, there's enough to complain about.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
At least they offer options which ironically Google doesn't. Why doesn't the Pixel offer 256GB or 512GB.

Again the complaints is basically because of the size of the battery and they didn't add what the ultra wide camera. I know there's a lot more to complain about. lol

Question is why?

The Pixel isn't exactly SAMSUNG and they're acting like top dogs when in reality they should be more like OnePlus. It seems like they got COCKY with their camera.

Love the iPhone but android is favorite because of Nova Launcher. My only problem with Apple is pricing but interestingly enough I was able to pick up the XS and 11 Pro Max because Freedom Mobile paid for the upgrade cost which saved me $430 last year and $505 this year.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Just curious.... So much hate. Have Links to the forums with the hate?

I love my Pixel 4XL!

I think that many Android users diss the Pixel 4 (not the XL) because of its lacklustre specs (especially the battery) and high price compared to the competition. After 2 years of lacklustre devices compared to the competition (especially design wise) with new features not working very well there is a lot of frustration towards Google.

Apple users from what I’ve seen are largely enamoured with the 11 Pro due to Apple finally catching up with a triple camera and good battery life. But many still hate on Androids for a multitude of reasons, not all of which make sense.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Most arguments happens within Android since there is a lot more choice at various price points and different value. Samsung fans hating on pixel, pixel fans hating on Samsung, OnePlus fans hating, Poco phone or whatever value phone hating on everyone else and goes on. On the iOS side most are happy with their choices and just move along since the overall software experience is similar on all iPhones minus features and capabilities depending on which iPhone.

The argument of my phone is better in performance and value than yours will never end on the android side.

And also why would Apple users hate the iPhone 11 pro max? That's the best Apple has to offer along with iPhone 11 pro. On Android as I said there are many options based on what you value and that's why you see so much arguments.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad tech blogs and outlets are rightfully criticizing Google on their device this year. For 2019, it's a weak offering and it should be judged as such. Google needs to learn they can't get away with half-hearted attempt at hardware features. They really matter and translate to real-world advantages that software alone clearly cannot do.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think a lot of Android fans are frustrated by the fact that they see the best hardware in 1 phone(Huawei) and the best software in another (P4), and have to pay the same as iPhone fans that get both together.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The 11 Pro Max was a pretty decent upgrade in terms of hardware over the XS Max. I've found little to complain about. The display (I'm used to the notch), battery, and camera are top notch. The Pixel 4XL is a very good device also. I love mine but am still undecided about keeping it. Biggest complaint with the Pixel is the price point is at the level of the Note 10+ and 11 Pro Max while not really having anything to justify being in that catergory. If you are going to charge flagship prices, offer everything the other flagships have or do everything that your device is capable of better than the others. Used to the camera justified going with the Pixel over the iPhone or Samsung. This year the others have caught up on the camera while offering the total package while the Pixel is a slight upgrade over the Pixel 3/XL. The main reason for me to keep it would be stock Android but I'm thinking of just keeping my 3XL and saving the money. Very good phone, no reason to hate it, but I just don't find the value in it at $1k. Will go with the 11 Pro Max on my personal line and Note 10+ on my work line and hold tight and see what 2020 brings if I return the P4XL. Interested in seeing what the S11 and Fold 2 bring next year.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do Apple people complain about things they don't like about Apple? Yep.

Do Android people complain about things they don't like about Android? Yep.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Most arguments happens within Android since there is a lot more choice at various price points and different value. Samsung fans hating on pixel, pixel fans hating on Samsung, OnePlus fans hating, Poco phone or whatever value phone hating on everyone else and goes on. On the iOS side most are happy with their choices and just move along since the overall software experience is similar on all iPhones minus features and capabilities depending on which iPhone.

The argument of my phone is better in performance and value than yours will never end on the android side.

And also why would Apple users hate the iPhone 11 pro max? That's the best Apple has to offer along with iPhone 11 pro. On Android as I said there are many options based on what you value and that's why you see so much arguments.

This exactly.
With Apple you just have a few choices. The ecosystem is tight and things generally work as they should.
Android has too many choices and that’s why people are never happy.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
No, not at all. I think the most "hate" you will get on the Apple side of things right now is that the phones still ship with 64gb as the base and iOS 13 is still kind of buggy. I think Android 10 is running WAY better on a Pixel 3 that I have than iOS 13 runs on my iPhone 11 pro. Other than that, they are what we expected or perhaps greater than expected with the iPhone 11 and it's price drop.

I think the animations or something makes iOS feel slower. Android feels like it runs faster on my S5 than iOS does on any iPhone I ever had. Now I will say that once you step out of the OS into apps such as loading then iOS does feel slightly better. Sometimes I feel like android apps are starting to run better.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Social media + new tech + day that ends in Y = negative opinions. This unfortunately is just the way of the world. It’s truly easier to be negative than positive as we seldom go out of our way to tell people about good experiences. The Pixel has haters just because it’s not the other name brand competition and vice versa. iPhone has no real competition to compare it within the iOS walled garden. Google didn’t help this year with gimping the phones with the smallish batteries.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Why would Apple users hate on the Pro Max?

Apple didnt royally screw that product up like Google did with the Pixel 4.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the animations or something makes iOS feel slower. Android feels like it runs faster on my S5 than iOS does on any iPhone I ever had. Now I will say that once you step out of the OS into apps such as loading then iOS does feel slightly better. Sometimes I feel like android apps are starting to run better.

My experience is the polar opposite. Just got my first iPhone (Pro Max) after about 10 years with Android. The Pro Max sadly is simply smoother than any Android I’ve owned (mostly Pixels and Notes). Transitions, opening apps, switching apps, etc. all better on the iPhone IMO.

There’s 100 things I prefer using Android over iOS. Smoothness and speed though? Those are not on the list.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My experience is the polar opposite. Just got my first iPhone (Pro Max) after about 10 years with Android. The Pro Max sadly is simply smoother than any Android I’ve owned (mostly Pixels and Notes). Transitions, opening apps, switching apps, etc. all better on the iPhone IMO.

There’s 100 things I prefer using Android over iOS. Smoothness and speed though? Those are not on the list.

No doubt it’s smooth. But for some reason to be android ‘feels’ faster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz