This is what I have been waiting for........Plus my trade in should equate to about 400-450 off.
    Same here. Trading in my Pixel 3. It has a bunch of small scratches on it so just easier to trade in to Google.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    11-07-2019 12:51 PM
    Nice going to buy that and return my Amazon one after getting that. My Amazon return window expires on November 30 so have plenty of time.

I'm also glad I didn't wait and enjoy the phone now and also get the black Friday deal

Not my problem about being moral if they reduce the price when I'm in return period and Amazon don't do price matches
    11-07-2019 01:17 PM
    I'll be doing the Verizon activation at BB for $400 off the P4xl. Will sell my 2xl on my own.
    11-07-2019 01:23 PM
    Nice going to buy that and return my Amazon one after getting that. My Amazon return window expires on November 30 so have plenty of time.

I'm also glad I didn't wait and enjoy the phone now and also get the black Friday deal

Not my problem about being moral if they reduce the price when I'm in return period and Amazon don't do price matches
    Does Amazon has restocking fee if it's opened? Google has a $$35 fee now.
    11-07-2019 01:29 PM
    Does Amazon has restocking fee if it's opened? Google has a $$35 fee now.
    No Amazon doesn't have restocking fee in the US at least for unlocked phones. But they do keep an eye on returns of high value items and have seen horror stories of Amazon account suddenly closed because of this. That's mostly for people abusing the system and have multiple returns of costly items repeatedly. I believe most retailers have that system now and not specific to Amazon.

Also, if you have credit card that offers return protection they cover restocking fees. For example my amex card covers restocking fees.
    klau25 likes this.
    11-07-2019 01:33 PM
    No Amazon doesn't have restocking fee in the US at least for unlocked phones. But they do keep an eye on returns of high value items and have seen horror stories of Amazon account suddenly closed because of this. That's mostly for people abusing the system and have multiple returns of costly items repeatedly. I believe most retailers have that system now and not specific to Amazon.

Also, if you have credit card that offers return protection they cover restocking fees. For example my amex card covers restocking fees.
    Great Idea, I will use my amex instead of Amazon credit card since I will be returning it anyway. Definitely will take good care of it. Thank you so much for the advice. Now I don't have to wait until Black Friday to play with the Pixel 4.
    11-07-2019 01:45 PM

Great Idea, I will use my amex instead of Amazon credit card since I will be returning it anyway. Definitely will take good care of it. Thank you so much for the advice. Now I don't have to wait until Black Friday to play with the Pixel 4.
    11-07-2019 01:45 PM
    Best Buy's black Friday ad is up. $200 off for the unlocked Pixel 4 plus an extra $50 with qualified activation. $400 off with Verizon, AT&T or Sprint.
    Does the $400 off require a trade in? If so, is there a list of qualified trade in devices and their values somewhere?
    11-07-2019 02:42 PM
    Does the $400 off require a trade in? If so, is there a list of trade in device values somewhere?
    It doesn't indicate that on the ad, but it does say "qualified activation", and I'm not sure what that entails. When you click learn more it just takes you to the regular page with the phones on it.
    11-07-2019 02:49 PM
    I still have the original Pixel XL. For those that have one and don't mind the 64gb size, Tmobile will give you 500 dollars off when you trade it in.
    11-07-2019 03:44 PM
    $200 off, $200 tardein for P3, maybe another $100 credit from Fi and I can see myself getting P4 on the second line (at which point it will be free out of my pocket due to some magic )
    11-07-2019 03:46 PM
    Best Buy BF deal:

$200 off Unlocked P4/XL
    $400 off activated with At&t/Sprint/Verizon
    Only way I do the Verizon deal is if I can get the unlocked one, activate it on verizon and pay for it up front.
    11-07-2019 04:18 PM
    Anyone know if the $400 off from Best Buy is bill credits?
    11-07-2019 04:36 PM
    Anyone know if the $400 off from Best Buy is bill credits?
    I believe last year it wasn't. So you'll get $400 off immediately and the rest will be 24 month payments which you can pay off to Verizon. So it'll be $400 off + $40 for activation and then you pay off the rest with Verizon. If it's same as last year.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-07-2019 04:55 PM
    Only way I do the Verizon deal is if I can get the unlocked one, activate it on verizon and pay for it up front.
    Not a bad idea. Create a new account and then immediately cancel after. I think I might try that.
    11-07-2019 04:56 PM
    I'd love to do an upgrade on ATT and get $400 off, but the article I read (maybe here on AC) stated it was unclear if upgrades would qualify.
    11-08-2019 06:22 AM
    Best Buy's black Friday ad is up. $200 off for the unlocked Pixel 4 plus an extra $50 with qualified activation. $400 off with Verizon, AT&T or Sprint.
    Does this mean one can walk into a Best Buy and simply purchase at $200 off without any rigamarole about the service - no need to activate, upgrade, etc?
    11-08-2019 09:29 AM
    Does this mean one can walk into a Best Buy and simply purchase at $200 off without any rigamarole about the service - no need to activate, upgrade, etc?
    Yes, that should be the way it works. You know how some sales people can be though.
    11-08-2019 09:32 AM
    Yes, that should be the way it works. You know how some sales people can be though.
    With that, it's tempting... $200 off, probably get $350ish selling the 3 XL, nets it down to about $400 after taxes figure in. Pixel Slate deal is tempting too, though, as my 2012 Nexus 7 - while still running fine - is a bit long in the tooth.

Decisions, decisions...
    11-08-2019 10:09 AM
    For those that have gone the Best Buy route, a few questions. In the past I generally didn't look at BB because when I was looking for deals on an older phone (the Thunderbolt if you're wondering), BB's price was always around $100 higher than what I could get it for outright through Verizon. So at the time, them offering $100 off meant it was the same price as a non sale model at Verizon.

So after the BB black Friday leak dropped, I decided to check it out. When I went to BB's site, the price for each variant of the P4 & P4XL was $50 higher than through Google or the carriers, and the listings said they already had $50 off the usual price (so essentially $100 higher than Google or carriers.

So my questions are these.

Is that typical for BB?

Do they honor their price match and bring it down to the same price as Google and the carriers with that? (Which means if you don't shop around you end up paying $100 more than you would elsewhere).

Would the price match apply on a deal like this? (Otherwise the $200 off is actually less because of their higher non sale price)

It's not a huge deal, since Google's BF deal leaked and it's essentially the same as BB's. But I'd like to know for future reference if I should consider BB at all. Having more places to look for deals is always a good thing.

So what say you?
    11-08-2019 12:39 PM
    For those that have gone the Best Buy route, a few questions. In the past I generally didn't look at BB because when I was looking for deals on an older phone (the Thunderbolt if you're wondering), BB's price was always around $100 higher than what I could get it for outright through Verizon. So at the time, them offering $100 off meant it was the same price as a non sale model at Verizon.

So after the BB black Friday leak dropped, I decided to check it out. When I went to BB's site, the price for each variant of the P4 & P4XL was $50 higher than through Google or the carriers, and the listings said they already had $50 off the usual price (so essentially $100 higher than Google or carriers.

So my questions are these.

Is that typical for BB?

Do they honor their price match and bring it down to the same price as Google and the carriers with that? (Which means if you don't shop around you end up paying $100 more than you would elsewhere).

Would the price match apply on a deal like this? (Otherwise the $200 off is actually less because of their higher non sale price)

It's not a huge deal, since Google's BF deal leaked and it's essentially the same as BB's. But I'd like to know for future reference if I should consider BB at all. Having more places to look for deals is always a good thing.

So what say you?
    I don’t know about carrier variants but the unlocked model are same price on Best Buy to google store, Amazon or anywhere else. You get some discount if you activate your unlocked model thru them but the discount is kind of negated since the carrier will charge activation fee. I only do the activation option if the discount is big enough that i still save money after activation charges. If not just buy without activation and swap my sim.

See screenshot $899 for base model unlocked 4 XL at Best Buy. Same price as everywhere else.

11-08-2019 01:35 PM
    If I want the P4 and a new Fi activation, do I have to go thru Google to get the best deal or can I go to Amazon or BB?
    11-08-2019 02:35 PM
    If I want the P4 and a new Fi activation, do I have to go thru Google to get the best deal or can I go to Amazon or BB?
    You can buy wherever you want and do a BYOD Fi activation.
    11-08-2019 02:55 PM
    I don’t know about carrier variants but the unlocked model are same price on Best Buy to google store, Amazon or anywhere else. You get some discount if you activate your unlocked model thru them but the discount is kind of negated since the carrier will charge activation fee. I only do the activation option if the discount is big enough that i still save money after activation charges. If not just buy without activation and swap my sim.

See screenshot $899 for base model unlocked 4 XL at Best Buy. Same price as everywhere else.

[IMG=1125x2436]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191108/1e398879871f9ff1faf70298122a41d1.png[/url]
    Sorry about that, had a brain fart. Note to self, don't post while medicated for a cold.
    bhatech likes this.
    11-08-2019 09:49 PM
    I'm going to be switching from Fi to T-mobile's over 55 plan and going from one line to two. Black Friday will be interesting for me because I usually buy my phone outright. I don't really want to do a 24 month credit but will if I can pay it off early. It looks like where I buy at a discount will be limited. Ugh. Also, this will be my first year buying an XL which worries me a bit but hopefully I'll get used to a big phone fairly quickly.

~Betty
    11-09-2019 09:05 AM
74 123