Looks like Fi will have a $100 credit with the activation of a new Pixel on Black Friday. I'm wondering where to buy. Google or??
    11-09-2019 11:02 AM
    Was checking out P4 at BB, didn't look like 90hz was even enabled, or I couldn't tell the difference between 60 and 90 in browser
    11-09-2019 05:59 PM
    Was checking out P4 at BB, didn't look like 90hz was even enabled, or I couldn't tell the difference between 60 and 90 in browser
    Was at Best Buy yesterday. Something here, if it was enabled, I noticed ZERO difference compared to my Note 10+.

I like it but don't like it enough to part with my Note 10+. Would like to have it for the camera but that's about it.
    11-09-2019 06:18 PM
    Was at Best Buy yesterday. Something here, if it was enabled, I noticed ZERO difference compared to my Note 10+.

I like it but don't like it enough to part with my Note 10+. Would like to have it for the camera but that's about it.
    I never notice the difference as well compared to other phones. But I prefer pixel software and fast Android platform updates which is why pixel is always my main Android phone, the best camera for pictures is just a nice touch. I sold my Note 10 few weeks back but planning to pick up again during black Friday sale when it's $200 off. Just to keep it as one of my many back ups

I would have kept 7T instead of Note since I like OnePlus software better than one UI but wireless charging has become a must for me. I hope they add that in the next one.
    11-09-2019 07:48 PM
    For the Verizon deals:

1) Is there any way out of the upgrade fee?
    The $40 upgrade fee almost cancels out any activation discount.
    The fee is bogus, because I can swap to a BYOD phone on the website without any charge.

2) What happens if you cancel VZW?
    Per Target: "If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due." ($300 GC)
    It says nothing about returning the gift card, so I guess you just pay the balance on the phone and keep it. Good deal.
    Per BB: "Upgrade any time after paying off the full balance on the device." ($400 off)
    With BB, it depends on what they mean by 'full balance'. They may ask you to pay off the full retail price of the phone if you ditch early.

3) Does the BB deal give you a VZW (bootloader locked) phone or a bootloader unlocked phone?
    I assume you get the VZW version.

I was waiting for a Pixel 3 128Gb deal, but no one carries it anymore. 3XL is too big for me. Should have done the recent the 50% off deal.
    11-09-2019 08:43 PM
    For the Verizon deals:

1) Is there any way out of the upgrade fee?
    The $40 upgrade fee almost cancels out any activation discount.
    The fee is bogus, because I can swap to a BYOD phone on the website without any charge.

2) What happens if you cancel VZW?
    Per Target: "If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due." ($300 GC)
    It says nothing about returning the gift card, so I guess you just pay the balance on the phone and keep it. Good deal.
    Per BB: "Upgrade any time after paying off the full balance on the device." ($400 off)
    With BB, it depends on what they mean by 'full balance'. They may ask you to pay off the full retail price of the phone if you ditch early.

3) Does the BB deal give you a VZW (bootloader locked) phone or a bootloader unlocked phone?
    I assume you get the VZW version.

I was waiting for a Pixel 3 128Gb deal, but no one carries it anymore. 3XL is too big for me. Should have done the recent the 50% off deal.
    For the upgrade fee, there isn't a way out of it if the best buy or Target system goes thru the upgrade process on your account. Unless you have some kind of corporate or military or something like that which waives activation fees (don't know if it does that but just giving an example).

As far as paying off, the best buy $400 off should take the 400 off and the remaining balance gets spread over 24 months via Verizon. It's not the usual bill credit bull**** over 24 months that carriers do. So if you pay early you are good to go. That's how it was last year on the black Friday best buy deal on Verizon version. Not sure about Target and if best buy will do similar thing this year.

Finally, yes you will be getting the Verizon bootloader locked version. If you want the bootloader unlockable version then you have to go the unlocked model route which has $200 off.
    11-09-2019 09:06 PM
    I'm sure there will be some kind of good deal for Black Friday. Let's hope for the best!
    11-09-2019 09:38 PM
    I'm sure there will be some kind of good deal for Black Friday. Let's hope for the best!
    Already announced, $200-$400 off depending on what version and where you buy.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-09-2019 11:52 PM
    Already announced, $200-$400 off depending on what version and where you buy.
    Amazing!
    11-09-2019 11:55 PM
    Finally, yes you will be getting the Verizon bootloader locked version. If you want the bootloader unlockable version then you have to go the unlocked model route which has $200 off.
    Thanx for the quick response.

I haven't found the need to root the Pixel 2. But, with all the issues with the Pixel 4 (like the decreased brightness), it may be useful.
    That being said, at $400 off the Pixel 4, a Pixel 3 is not much cheaper. (Neither is a 3a)
    11-10-2019 02:37 AM
    I have Sprint, not Verizon. If I purchase the Pixel 4 from Best Buy for the $400 discount, does anyone know if I will get the Bootloader locked version?
    11-10-2019 11:01 AM
    Interestingly enough, it seems Google has upped the trade in value for P3XL’s. 128 GB can get a trade in credit of $315 now, it was $295 I think before. If that stays true til BF and $200 off, I’ll definitely grab an P4XL essentially saving $515.00 bringing down price to about $530 w/tax. That’s definitely worth it IMO.
    Yesterday 05:37 PM
    Interestingly enough, it seems Google has upped the trade in value for P3XL’s. 128 GB can get a trade in credit of $315 now, it was $295 I think before. If that stays true til BF and $200 off, I’ll definitely grab an P4XL essentially saving $515.00 bringing down price to about $530 w/tax. That’s definitely worth it IMO.
    I guess that jump is better technically but I wouldn't call it a game changer.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    Yesterday 05:47 PM
    I have Sprint, not Verizon. If I purchase the Pixel 4 from Best Buy for the $400 discount, does anyone know if I will get the Bootloader locked version?
    If you purchase a carrier model it is usually boot locked.
    Yesterday 05:48 PM
    Game changer, no but easier to purchase with the price drop, YES
    Yesterday 06:43 PM
    I agree - it's a bit better but certainly not a game changer. The Pixel 3 line should still be worth more for trade ins.
    Yesterday 07:51 PM
    I agree - it's a bit better but certainly not a game changer. The Pixel 3 line should still be worth more for trade ins.
    I agree but it is what it is
    Morty2264 likes this.
    Yesterday 09:11 PM
    I agree but it is what it is
    For sure! As we tell our preschoolers at work, "You get what you get and you don't get upset." 🤣
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    Today 02:17 PM
    For sure! As we tell our preschoolers at work, "You get what you get and you don't get upset."
    Lol, true, would be nice if they matched Samsung's offer but that's not gonna happen.
    worldsoutro and Morty2264 like this.
    Today 03:09 PM
    Lol, true, would be nice if they matched Samsung's offer but that's not gonna happen.
    Agreed! I don't get google. They should know their phone doesn't match up to a Samsung or Apple. They should be focusing on undercutting the competition.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    Today 03:34 PM
    Best Buy doesn't always update their phones on display either. So keep that in mind.
    Today 07:34 PM
    For the upgrade fee, there isn't a way out of it if the best buy or Target system goes thru the upgrade process on your account. Unless you have some kind of corporate or military or something like that which waives activation fees (don't know if it does that but just giving an example).

As far as paying off, the best buy $400 off should take the 400 off and the remaining balance gets spread over 24 months via Verizon. It's not the usual bill credit bull**** over 24 months that carriers do. So if you pay early you are good to go. That's how it was last year on the black Friday best buy deal on Verizon version. Not sure about Target and if best buy will do similar thing this year.

If I'm correct, Best Buy stop taking the amount off the phone immediately at purchase.

When I worked there if a promotion was $200 off a phone that's $900, then $700 would divided over a 24 month period.

However I went there a few weeks ago to update my daughter's phone and that wasn't the case. The $200 off was not taken off the top. Instead it was divided over a 24 month period as a bill credit. And if you cancel service before the 24 month period, you forfeit the remaining bill credit and the full balance becomes due/added to your bill.
    Today 07:39 PM
    Theirs is locked. The only model that has the unlockable bootloader is Google.
    Today 07:40 PM
73 123