Pixle 4 + Black Friday

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have Sprint, not Verizon. If I purchase the Pixel 4 from Best Buy for the $400 discount, does anyone know if I will get the Bootloader locked version?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly enough, it seems Google has upped the trade in value for P3XL’s. 128 GB can get a trade in credit of $315 now, it was $295 I think before. If that stays true til BF and $200 off, I’ll definitely grab an P4XL essentially saving $515.00 bringing down price to about $530 w/tax. That’s definitely worth it IMO.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly enough, it seems Google has upped the trade in value for P3XL’s. 128 GB can get a trade in credit of $315 now, it was $295 I think before. If that stays true til BF and $200 off, I’ll definitely grab an P4XL essentially saving $515.00 bringing down price to about $530 w/tax. That’s definitely worth it IMO.
I guess that jump is better technically but I wouldn't call it a game changer.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
For the upgrade fee, there isn't a way out of it if the best buy or Target system goes thru the upgrade process on your account. Unless you have some kind of corporate or military or something like that which waives activation fees (don't know if it does that but just giving an example).

As far as paying off, the best buy $400 off should take the 400 off and the remaining balance gets spread over 24 months via Verizon. It's not the usual bill credit bull**** over 24 months that carriers do. So if you pay early you are good to go. That's how it was last year on the black Friday best buy deal on Verizon version. Not sure about Target and if best buy will do similar thing this year.

Finally, yes you will be getting the Verizon bootloader locked version. If you want the bootloader unlockable version then you have to go the unlocked model route which has $200 off.

If I'm correct, Best Buy stop taking the amount off the phone immediately at purchase.

When I worked there if a promotion was $200 off a phone that's $900, then $700 would divided over a 24 month period.

However I went there a few weeks ago to update my daughter's phone and that wasn't the case. The $200 off was not taken off the top. Instead it was divided over a 24 month period as a bill credit. And if you cancel service before the 24 month period, you forfeit the remaining bill credit and the full balance becomes due/added to your bill.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Agreed! I don't get google. They should know their phone doesn't match up to a Samsung or Apple. They should be focusing on undercutting the competition.
I don't think that's their vision or their focus. I sat through a 1 hour research interview today at Google HQ in New York City and they have a lot going on, but it's not about phones or hardware. Pure madness going on with the amount of people being interviewed in their labs. It's an quite an experience compared to their webinar interviews and as interesting as it was, I wish I could share more, but I signed an NDA.

mageus

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
However I went there a few weeks ago to update my daughter's phone and that wasn't the case. The $200 off was not taken off the top. Instead it was divided over a 24 month period as a bill credit. And if you cancel service before the 24 month period, you forfeit the remaining bill credit and the full balance becomes due/added to your bill.

Then why not just buy from VZW? $20 off the upgrade fee if you order online.

BB 2 yr contract- $799 - $400 + $40 +tax
VZW 2 yr contract - $799 - ($400-$550 depending on trade-in) + $20 + tax

Target compares poorly to BH Photo
Target 2 yr - $799 - $300 (gift card) + $40 + tax
BH - $799 - $200, no tax, no contract, no upgrade fee, bootloader unlocked

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Then why not just buy from VZW? $20 off the upgrade fee if you order online.

BB 2 yr contract- $799 - $400 + $40 +tax
VZW 2 yr contract - $799 - ($400-$550 depending on trade-in) + $20 + tax

Target compares poorly to BH Photo
Target 2 yr - $799 - $300 (gift card) + $40 + tax
BH - $799 - $200, no tax, no contract, no upgrade fee, bootloader unlocked

FYI - the "no tax" is not true in all cases, they charge me tax because my home state made a big fuss about internet sales.
I had to send the state about $1000 for past purchases at Newegg. Newegg now charges me taxes too. Just sayin...always practice safe shopping.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that's their vision or their focus. I sat through a 1 hour research interview today at Google HQ in New York City and they have a lot going on, but it's not about phones or hardware. Pure madness going on with the amount of people being interviewed in their labs. It's an quite an experience compared to their webinar interviews and as interesting as it was, I wish I could share more, but I signed an NDA.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the phones are a means to an end

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I paid full price for 128gb non-XL and got $900 in gift cards by switching to Google Fi last November.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam