Can we talk watches?

mthom5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I switched over from s9+ to pixel 4xl. I currently have a gear s2 classic that I've had for several years. It will sync with my phone and give call notifications and social media notifications. Occasionally it will give email notifications but there are zero text notifications. So my question is what smart watch are you using that is compatible with your pixel? Call and text notifications are a must. Bonus points if it comes in a girly style. TIA!

ricflairwoo2

Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
I switched over from s9+ to pixel 4xl. I currently have a gear s2 classic that I've had for several years. It will sync with my phone and give call notifications and social media notifications. Occasionally it will give email notifications but there are zero text notifications. So my question is what smart watch are you using that is compatible with your pixel? Call and text notifications are a must. Bonus points if it comes in a girly style. TIA!

Still rocking the OG Moto 360.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting 0 notifications that means the permissions are most likely not set. I have a tichwatch s2 and works great, but wear OS I'd meh. Galaxy watches apparently are the go-to for Android devices. If I was you I'd check the permissions bc I bet it just needs to be configured properly. Also Google just bought Fitbit so I recommend you wait for new stuff to be launched.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I still wish Google came out with a Pixel watch.... When they didn't I moved to iPhone and have been stuck. If they did I would have bought it and stayed on Pixel. A watch was a big factor for me.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Even though I currently have a watch that's only a few months old.
I still hope Google comes out with a Pixel watch .
:)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I still wish Google came out with a Pixel watch.... When they didn't I moved to iPhone and have been stuck. If they did I would have bought it and stayed on Pixel. A watch was a big factor for me.
Let's see what happens with the Fitbit acquisition. They said they are going to come up with first party watches so hopefully next year. Agreed on the Apple watch and that's why my main sim is still on the iPhone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Let's see what happens with the Fitbit acquisition. They said they are going to come up with first party watches so hopefully next year. Agreed on the Apple watch and that's why my main sim is still on the iPhone.

For me I probably still won't swap.. at least not for a long while. I just don't see them putting enough attention into the watch. I get that from looking at Watch OS now.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For me I probably still won't swap.. at least not for a long while. I just don't see them putting enough attention into the watch. I get that from looking at Watch OS now.
Yeah they are a long way behind catching up, probably going to take few years and have to put lot of effort and commitment.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the galaxy active 2 LTE and so far it's an awesome watch. Nice to go without my phone for short trips or just around the house. When I saw that Google didn't release a watch this year I tried the apple watch but ended up with the galaxy.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
galaxy active 2 here. definitely get text and email notifications and everything else i want it to notify me about. the only issue is the AOD does not work 100% of the time, more like 80% of the time.

mthom5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
If you are getting 0 notifications that means the permissions are most likely not set. I have a tichwatch s2 and works great, but wear OS I'd meh. Galaxy watches apparently are the go-to for Android devices. If I was you I'd check the permissions bc I bet it just needs to be configured properly. Also Google just bought Fitbit so I recommend you wait for new stuff to be launched.

It doesn't even show any kind of messaging app on the watch. When I was on my s9+ it had the messaging app shortcut on the home screen. Now there is not anything that even looks like one.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm either going to go diesel or the new gen 5 from I think fossil. Right now rocking the Huawei joint I believe it's the second one it's fine but I want Google pay on the watch so it's either diesel or fossil gen 5
181c7ba89183cb96624564739aef7d92.jpg

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't even show any kind of messaging app on the watch. When I was on my s9+ it had the messaging app shortcut on the home screen. Now there is not anything that even looks like one.
The Google message app doesn't work with Samsung watches. The only one that seems to work with it is Samsung's own massaging app.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I should say you can send messages but you can't receive them on the watch. You won't get a notification that you received a message.
Again that's false. I've had this active 2 watch for 3 days and get all my text message notifications. That's how I was able to respond to one with a canned message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463