11-04-2019 07:50 AM
31 12
tools
    I switched over from s9+ to pixel 4xl. I currently have a gear s2 classic that I've had for several years. It will sync with my phone and give call notifications and social media notifications. Occasionally it will give email notifications but there are zero text notifications. So my question is what smart watch are you using that is compatible with your pixel? Call and text notifications are a must. Bonus points if it comes in a girly style. TIA!
    11-03-2019 12:59 PM
    I switched over from s9+ to pixel 4xl. I currently have a gear s2 classic that I've had for several years. It will sync with my phone and give call notifications and social media notifications. Occasionally it will give email notifications but there are zero text notifications. So my question is what smart watch are you using that is compatible with your pixel? Call and text notifications are a must. Bonus points if it comes in a girly style. TIA!
    Still rocking the OG Moto 360.
    11-03-2019 01:01 PM
    If you are getting 0 notifications that means the permissions are most likely not set. I have a tichwatch s2 and works great, but wear OS I'd meh. Galaxy watches apparently are the go-to for Android devices. If I was you I'd check the permissions bc I bet it just needs to be configured properly. Also Google just bought Fitbit so I recommend you wait for new stuff to be launched.
    11-03-2019 01:03 PM
    I still wish Google came out with a Pixel watch.... When they didn't I moved to iPhone and have been stuck. If they did I would have bought it and stayed on Pixel. A watch was a big factor for me.
    11-03-2019 01:09 PM
    Even though I currently have a watch that's only a few months old.
    I still hope Google comes out with a Pixel watch .
    11-03-2019 01:43 PM
    I still wish Google came out with a Pixel watch.... When they didn't I moved to iPhone and have been stuck. If they did I would have bought it and stayed on Pixel. A watch was a big factor for me.
    Let's see what happens with the Fitbit acquisition. They said they are going to come up with first party watches so hopefully next year. Agreed on the Apple watch and that's why my main sim is still on the iPhone.
    11-03-2019 01:43 PM
    Im guessing a year at the earliest If all goes well
    11-03-2019 01:45 PM
    Let's see what happens with the Fitbit acquisition. They said they are going to come up with first party watches so hopefully next year. Agreed on the Apple watch and that's why my main sim is still on the iPhone.
    For me I probably still won't swap.. at least not for a long while. I just don't see them putting enough attention into the watch. I get that from looking at Watch OS now.
    11-03-2019 01:48 PM
    For me I probably still won't swap.. at least not for a long while. I just don't see them putting enough attention into the watch. I get that from looking at Watch OS now.
    Yeah they are a long way behind catching up, probably going to take few years and have to put lot of effort and commitment.
    11-03-2019 01:49 PM
    Picked up the galaxy active 2 LTE and so far it's an awesome watch. Nice to go without my phone for short trips or just around the house. When I saw that Google didn't release a watch this year I tried the apple watch but ended up with the galaxy.
    11-03-2019 02:32 PM
    galaxy active 2 here. definitely get text and email notifications and everything else i want it to notify me about. the only issue is the AOD does not work 100% of the time, more like 80% of the time.
    11-03-2019 02:53 PM
    If you are getting 0 notifications that means the permissions are most likely not set. I have a tichwatch s2 and works great, but wear OS I'd meh. Galaxy watches apparently are the go-to for Android devices. If I was you I'd check the permissions bc I bet it just needs to be configured properly. Also Google just bought Fitbit so I recommend you wait for new stuff to be launched.
    It doesn't even show any kind of messaging app on the watch. When I was on my s9+ it had the messaging app shortcut on the home screen. Now there is not anything that even looks like one.
    11-03-2019 03:07 PM
    I have the Active 2, as well. Works great. Very good watch. No issues with AOD.
    11-03-2019 05:11 PM
    Huawei Watch 2. Love it!
    11-03-2019 05:27 PM
    I love my Diesel Wear OS watches.Can we talk watches?-screenshot_20191103_173823.jpg
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    11-03-2019 06:39 PM
    I'm either going to go diesel or the new gen 5 from I think fossil. Right now rocking the Huawei joint I believe it's the second one it's fine but I want Google pay on the watch so it's either diesel or fossil gen 5
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    11-03-2019 08:49 PM
    It doesn't even show any kind of messaging app on the watch. When I was on my s9+ it had the messaging app shortcut on the home screen. Now there is not anything that even looks like one.
    The Google message app doesn't work with Samsung watches. The only one that seems to work with it is Samsung's own massaging app.
    11-03-2019 09:32 PM
    The Google message app doesn't work with Samsung watches. The only one that seems to work with it is Samsung's own massaging app.
    That's not true. I just sent a canned response via the Samsung active 2 watch through Google messages
    11-03-2019 09:55 PM
    That's not true. I just sent a canned response via the Samsung active 2 watch through Google messages
    I should say you can send messages but you can't receive them on the watch. You won't get a notification that you received a message.
    11-03-2019 09:57 PM
    I should say you can send messages but you can't receive them on the watch. You won't get a notification that you received a message.
    Again that's false. I've had this active 2 watch for 3 days and get all my text message notifications. That's how I was able to respond to one with a canned message.
    11-03-2019 09:59 PM
    Again that's false. I've had this active 2 watch for 3 days and get all my text message notifications. That's how I was able to respond to one with a canned message.
    Maybe that's new for the active, but on the gears you can't use Google messages. It will actually tell you to change to the Samsung messaging app. I use Google messages on my gear S3 and it doesn't work
    11-03-2019 10:03 PM
    If you enable notifications for Android messages, whatsapp etc through the notification setting in the Galaxy wearables app you will get notifications for messages and be able to respond to them from the watch. Unless you have a Galaxy phone however, there won't be any messaging app on the watch. Meaning you can respond to incoming messages, but you can't open an app and view older messages or different conversations. I'm using a Galaxy watch with a pixel 3.

I for one can't wait for a pixel watch. The Apple watch is such a better experience than any Android watches I've tried. The damn apple watch has RCS type functionality with typing indicators and read receipts via iMessage on the watch and we can't even get it on most of our phones yet.
    11-03-2019 10:39 PM
    I'm either going to go diesel or the new gen 5 from I think fossil. Right now rocking the Huawei joint I believe it's the second one it's fine but I want Google pay on the watch so it's either diesel or fossil gen 5[IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191104/181c7ba89183cb96624564739aef7d92.jpg[/url]
    Your Huawei doesn't have have Google Pay?
    11-03-2019 10:42 PM
    If you enable notifications for Android messages, whatsapp etc through the notification setting in the Galaxy wearables app you will get notifications for messages and be able to respond to them from the watch. Unless you have a Galaxy phone however, there won't be any messaging app on the watch. Meaning you can respond to incoming messages, but you can't open an app and view older messages or different conversations. I'm using a Galaxy watch with a pixel 3.

I for one can't wait for a pixel watch. The Apple watch is such a better experience than any Android watches I've tried. The damn apple watch has RCS type functionality with typing indicators and read receipts via iMessage on the watch and we can't even get it on most of our phones yet.
    Yeah but we don't know that the Pixel watches will be significantly different than what already exists.
    11-03-2019 10:44 PM

I'm using a Note 10 and it doesn't even give me another messaging option other than the Samsung stock message app, which I don't want to use because I'm using the rcs hack on Google message.
    11-03-2019 10:46 PM
31 12