DO NOT BUY the Pixel 4 if you care at all about battery life!!!

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Instead of posting to the forum and everybody picking a side, rather it's bashing other complaining.....how about we all call Google and complain. This phone should never have been made. There should have been only an XL starting with 128GB's.

Speak for yourself. My battery life with my small Pixel 4 is totally fine for my usage and is slightly better than my Pixel 3. If the XL was the only option I wouldn't have bought it. Not everyone wants a phablet.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
how about we all call Google and complain.

giphy.gif

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the suggestion to give feedback to Google. I'm sure they already know the sentiments of reviewers, but the more feedback they get from consumers, the more likely they are to change things for future phones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Instead of posting to the forum and everybody picking a side, rather it's bashing other complaining.....how about we all call Google and complain. This phone should never have been made. There should have been only an XL starting with 128GB's.
I'm all for providing feedback but not sure who the proper person to call would be. Whether or not Google should have made the device is a financial decision for Google.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Google is going to continue to make what they want to make, and we as consumers will either buy it or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for providing feedback but not sure who the proper person to call would be. Whether or not Google should have made the device is a financial decision for Google.

I'd just use the feedback option in the system settings (which means it'd be actual owners of the phone with firsthand experience, rather than nonusers who are only reading what others write;)). Sure, you won't get a personalized response, and I'm sure most people think they'll be ignored, but if the alternative is just to gripe, what's there to lose?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When I sold lightbulbs people would ask "how long will this bulb last" I told them "forever if you never turn it on" Google is doing exactly this with their "use your phone less" campaign. They also made the screen half as bright as others out there. So they know the battery is too small.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
When I sold lightbulbs people would ask "how long will this bulb last" I told them "forever if you never turn it on" Google is doing exactly this with their "use your phone less" campaign. They also made the screen half as bright as others out there. So they know the battery is too small.

Too your last point, Pixels screen didn't suddenly become dimmer. I think the dimmer screen and smaller are mutually exclusive.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Too your last point, Pixels screen didn't suddenly become dimmer. I think the dimmer screen and smaller are mutually exclusive.

I think the choice to have a dimmer screen is directly related to the small battery, which is probably related to manufacturing cost and size, but also I think they're confident in software.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Average person uses about 3h SOT per day, for which the 4 XL is far, far more than adequate, and for which the 4 is, if barely, sufficient, and a complete non-issue for people who are not either unable to connect a charger when at work or in the car, or who are not morally offended by the concept that they should be so disrepected as to be put in such a situation as to deal with such a horrific inconvenience.

We are not the average users. The thread title might serve decently well for many here, but it is about as applicable to the typical person as telling them not to buy the small popcorn that normally gets them through a movie because they might need the massive bucket.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Average person uses about 3h SOT per day, for which the 4 XL is far, far more than adequate, and for which the 4 is, if barely, sufficient, and a complete non-issue for people who are not either unable to connect a charger when at work or in the car, or who are not morally offended by the concept that they should be so disrepected as to be put in such a situation as to deal with such a horrific inconvenience.

We are not the average users. The thread title might serve decently well for many here, but it is about as applicable to the typical person as telling them not to buy the small popcorn that normally gets them through a movie because they might need the massive bucket.

Yes there is some truth to this but really... 3hrs SOT is not much no matter how you look at it... and when I says 3 hrs, actually being generous..if you're outside and have to have the brightness more than half way.. then it's gonna be in the 2 range! I even did the WhatsApp web connect so I don't keep the screen on for responding to WhatsApp messages and the battery life is till that abysmal! Feel like the XL battery life is more average and acceptable but the regular Pixel 4 is just not adequate even for basic use. I called Google support to see if I somehow got a bad unit and they had me look around the settings and did remote control into the phone (pretty cool how that worked) and said everything seemed fine... The rep was finally kinda admitting that the battery life on the P4 sucks.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the choice to have a dimmer screen is directly related to the small battery, which is probably related to manufacturing cost and size, but also I think they're confident in software.
What I'm trying to point out is their screens didn't change suddenly due to a smaller battery. They were always dimmer than some of the competition.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

But the massive bucket comes with free refills! gYIvV2rlFpwzu.jpg

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess the whole issue is that a phone with OK, average, acceptable-for-most-users battery life should come with an OK, average, acceptable price.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Just saw another review.....everyday makes it harder and harder to even consider P4 over P3 even if you have money to waste :) XL is too big for me, and even that only offers avg battery life.
Strange , curious to know what Google did to get unfavourable reviews from the usual YouTube influencers. They normally give good reviews when given a free phone .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Strange , curious to know what Google did to get unfavourable reviews from the usual YouTube influencers. They normally give good reviews when given a free phone .
I would hate to think they are favorable simply because it's free. Having said that I can imagine reviewers going soft in order to get future devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Then again, everyone loves watching a trainwreck. Snarky hyperbolic criticism gets eyeballs. That's why I prefer watching Alex Hong's reviews -- he's much more even-keeled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc