Netflix not supported on Pixel 4 XL?

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Now I have another problem. Went to download Netflix from the Play Store and it;s nowhere to be found. The device is Play protect certified.
Has anyone else noticed this and what did you do? I tried clearing the Play Store cache with no luck. I downloaded the android app direct from Netflix and installed it. It will not open and says Netflix is not supported on this device. This is insane.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/09/17/netflix-hd-hdr10-pixel-4-xl/#1

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Now I have another problem. Went to download Netflix from the Play Store and it;s nowhere to be found. The device is Play protect certified.
Has anyone else noticed this and what did you do? I tried clearing the Play Store cache with no luck. I downloaded the android app direct from Netflix and installed it. It will not open and says Netflix is not supported on this device. This is insane.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/09/17/netflix-hd-hdr10-pixel-4-xl/#1

You should still be able to get Netflix. That article is mentioning high quality streaming was the mistake for now until they're ready.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You should still be able to get Netflix. That article is mentioning high quality streaming was the mistake for now until they're ready.
I agree, but when I search for it in the Play Store, it is nowhere to be found. Can someone please check the Play Store and see if they have Netflix available?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have Netflix installed on my 4 XL and use it every day no problem here.

May be there is some play services update or something pending? Hopefully you are not rooted or something?

And also available when I search on play store.

e9ab3dea24418d550c75cd5184a104f6.jpg

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have Netflix installed on my 4 XL and use it every day no problem here.

May be there is some play services update or something pending? Hopefully you are not rooted or something?

And also available when I search on play store.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/e9ab3dea24418d550c75cd5184a104f6.jpg
Thanks Bhatech. No, I'm not rooted. I will try and update play services if I can. I'm on the line right now with Netflix and they have escalated it to their engineering team and will contact Google. They said other people have called in to report they cannot download Netflix on their 4 XL so this is not an isolated issue. They are supposed to contact me back later today after they talk with Google.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Bhatech. No, I'm not rooted. I will try and update play services if I can. I'm on the line right now with Netflix and they have escalated it to their engineering team and will contact Google. They said other people have called in to report they cannot download Netflix on their 4 XL so this is not an isolated issue. They are supposed to contact me back later today after they talk with Google.

FWIW i have had 3 pixel 4 with me till now and worked fine on all of them. I know that doesn’t help you but hopefully they will sort it out for you. Good luck.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved (hopefully)., I bit the bullet and did a factory reset and I was able to get Netflix from the Play Store and it works as it should.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a pixel xl2 and I had a sign in issue, so i clean the cache, restarted the phone and netflix still would not work. So I removed the app to reinstall and netflix is NOT in the play store. Anyone else?

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a pixel xl2 and I had a sign in issue, so i clean the cache, restarted the phone and netflix still would not work. So I removed the app to reinstall and netflix is NOT in the play store. Anyone else?

I never had Netflix to begin with on my new 4 XL. I called Netflix and they said there was no reason I shouldn't be able to run Netflix. Only when I did a factory reset, did it appear in the Play Store for me to download. Since you apparently had run Netflix before on your 2 XL, I see no reason why it should not be still supported. Netflix is on the verge (DEC. 01. 2019) of dropping Netflix for a number of older devices.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/8/20955155/netflix-samsung-vizio-smart-tv-roku-set-top-box-support-ending-date

These are mostly older TVs and Roku boxes, etc. I wouldn't see why a phone as recent as the 2 XL would be discontinued. I noticed Netflix had an app update this evening on my Pixel 3 and 4 XL. Netflix should certainly still run on your 2 XL.

https://9to5google.com/2019/05/31/netflix-hd-pixel-2-pixel-3-oneplus-7-pro/

You might try clearing cache and data from both Google Play Services and the Play Store and uninstalling updates for each. If none of that shows Netflix to be available in the Play Store, the last resort would be a factory reset, but there's still no guarantee it will be there as it was in my case.

Maybe someone with a 2 XL will be kind enough to check for you to see if they can access it still in the Play Store. You could also try downloading the latest APK from APK Mirror, but there's no guarantee it would run. That might be worth a try if you really don't want to do a factory reset just to get Netflix.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the 2 XL, I have never had Netflix on this phone and it is available for me.

Attachments

• 139233.jpg
    139233.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante