Slight flicker.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed my Pixel 4 has a very slight flicker when scrolling or typing on the keyboard. Like it's constantly adjusting itself with each movement or touch to or on the screen. Most noticeable on whites and dark colours. More noticeable in average to low light.
Also when the brightness is 50% or lower.

It's not the ambient eq either. Does it on or off.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could it have to do with the screen automatically switching between 90 Hz and 60 Hz? If the brightness is automatically adjusting based on ambient light, and it drops below the brightness threshold for 90 Hz, that could trigger it to toggle to 60 Hz, which causes a slight flicker.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Could it have to do with the screen automatically switching between 90 Hz and 60 Hz? If the brightness is automatically adjusting based on ambient light, and it drops below the brightness threshold for 90 Hz, that could trigger it to toggle to 60 Hz, which causes a slight flicker.

This would be it.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I thought it could be but the screen flickers /dims soo slightly just when typing with each press/tap on the keyboard.
Looks like as if it were draining power type of thing.
I know it's a very minor and almost unnoticeable thing but I notice it lol.
My Pixel 3 did a similar thing when scrolling.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Update... And so I chose to force 90 Hz... And yes flicker has pretty much gone.
It must've been the light levels and auto adjust.
Tried it again in low light/the dark a bit more. Turned out it was the smooth display.
Not sure why my Pixel 3 did it though.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
On a different subject.. My face unlock all of a sudden started skipping the lock screen instead of me swiping after face unlock. No settings have been changed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie