Anyone using the smaller pixel 4?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I traded in my Samsung Galaxy S10e and WoW do I love the Google Pixel 4! Seriously, the face unlock is fantastic and the phone feels so good in my hand. The battery last me all day with no problem. I don't understand why so many reviewers got this do wrong. Don't listen to them, this phone is great.
Is the battery on the P4 is better than the one on the S10e?

Cause the latter has a 300mAh head start

Kieta

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the smaller 4. I wanted the bigger one but in the end couldn't justify the price. Upgraded from a Pixel 2 and loving it.

atkinsonmt

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 4 here, coming from the Pixel 2. Battery is not as good but fine. That is until random drastic drains kill 1% every 30s when the phone is not being used.

coop3422

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I wanted wanted an orange 4, but I just couldn't justify the change from my S10. I loved my Pixel 3, but the battery life was awful. So for them to shrink the battery, not include a wide camera, and only had a base storage of 64 GB, I just couldn't do it.

I've had ever pixel generation thus far, but sadly Google made some poor choices this year.

StemCh

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I have the small Pixel 4. This phone is so smart, helpful and fast. This battery last through out the day but mostly because it forces me from being so addicted to the phone all day. I charge it at night and when I drive.

Riley Steindl

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I've had my 64gb, "oh so orange" Pixel 4 for a few weeks now. I upgraded from a Pixel 2 XL and I couldn't be happier. Battery life has been great. I've been able to get through every day with ease, except for ones where I'm using my phone non-stop for the entire day (But those are few and far between). Mind you, that's with 90hz forced on 24/7. The size is perfect and much more manageable than the XL. The screen and camera are great and I agree entirely that a lot of reviewers have blown the battery issues a bit out of proportion.

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, prior to the announcement, I deliberated over the smaller vs larger Pixel 4. I decided I wanted pocketability, and went with the smaller 4.
Battery life has been non-issue for me. Never has been, as I am well -equipped to charge wherever I am at. I have the Pixel stand at my desk at work, I have wireless charging on my chair in the living room, at my desk at home, and in the mount in my car.
And if I were to be out and about, away from an electrical outlet, I have always carried a small anchor battery pack in my pocket. I'm just prepared like that!
I thoroughly enjoy the smaller form factor.

Psyche21

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I have the 4. I feel like it will be more common outside places like this (i.e. Android forums). For me, the battery life couldn't get worse than my LG G6 which had started lasting only a few hours. And my key piece was a phone I could actually hold in my hand

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Bought a Pixel 3a in May as a second phone to go with my iPhone and ended up selling my iPhone 8 plus. I'm wondering if there's anybody here that bought the 4 coming from a 3a cuz the 3's battery life is great....Would like to hear your experience...

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Bought a Pixel 3a in May as a second phone to go with my iPhone and ended up selling my iPhone 8 plus. I'm wondering if there's anybody here that bought the 4 coming from a 3a cuz the 3's battery life is great....Would like to hear your experience...
It's kind of impossible for the 4 to have better battery life than the 3a since the 3a has 200mAh extra and a more efficient chipset.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of impossible for the 4 to have better battery life than the 3a since the 3a has 200mAh extra and a more efficient chipset.

He didn't say it would or even might have better battery life. All he said was he wanted to know if anyone had gone from a 3a to a 4, most likely to see how battery life compares to the 3a. It most likely will have less battery life, but to what degree is what he wants to know.

Didytz

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
What do you think if someone (me) is using phone 99% for those tasks:

1) Calls
2) Viber and Whatsapp messages
3) Browsing and sometimes Youtube mainly to entertain my kid for few minutes or to watch reviews or something I am interested in.
4) Airbnb and Booking.com apps for my rentals
5) Instagram and Reddit reading
6) Taking pictures and videos (but for personal use not like vloging)

Occasionally (maybe few times in a year):
1) Use google maps for navigation
2) Play some games while waiting or have to loose time. But it is not PUBG or such games, but rather all kind of puzzles and logical. Nothing that cant run fluidly on Samsung A50 (my current phone).

Never:
1) Listen to music,
2) Stream videos
3) Facebook
4) Play or use apps that are demanding high resources

Will Pixel 4 (not XL) could stand whole day of usage if I use it in way described above? I really like dimensions and camera and whole concept of phone, but I am afraid of the battery as it is stated everywhere as big problem. So I can't decide is it real problem for power users or generally...

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
What do you think if someone (me) is using phone 99% for those tasks:

1) Calls
2) Viber and Whatsapp messages
3) Browsing and sometimes Youtube mainly to entertain my kid for few minutes or to watch reviews or something I am interested in.
4) Airbnb and Booking.com apps for my rentals
5) Instagram and Reddit reading
6) Taking pictures and videos (but for personal use not like vloging)

Occasionally (maybe few times in a year):
1) Use google maps for navigation
2) Play some games while waiting or have to loose time. But it is not PUBG or such games, but rather all kind of puzzles and logical. Nothing that cant run fluidly on Samsung A50 (my current phone).

Never:
1) Listen to music,
2) Stream videos
3) Facebook
4) Play or use apps that are demanding high resources

Will Pixel 4 (not XL) could stand whole day of usage if I use it in way described above? I really like dimensions and camera and whole concept of phone, but I am afraid of the battery as it is stated everywhere as big problem. So I can't decide is it real problem for power users or generally...

Your usage is very similar to mine and I have no problems getting through a full day with the smaller Pixel 4. I do 16 hour shifts at work and usually get home with more than 30% left. However I do not have desk job so my phone usage at work is mostly some calls and messaging, with a bit of web browsing and app use during breaks. When I work a regular 8 hour shift I'll get home with more than 60% battery left.

So for me the battery life is fine, and the ease of using the smaller form factor is great. The Pixel 4 is probably the most comfortable phone I've ever owned in that regard. Probably my favourite phone of the last 5 years (and I've owned a lot lol).

Your mileage may vary, but I can tell you that my personal experience with the Pixel 4 has been great, and nothing like the doom and gloom so many reviewers are spewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781