I noticed that my 4XL installed the Google "Personal Safety" app as part of routine updates last night.

Curiously, I cannot find it in the app drawer nor can I find any reference to it in Settings. However, if I open Play Store on my phone, go to My Apps and scroll through the recently updated list, there it is, and I can click Open to open the app. Still have no idea how to find it directly on my phone though.

Also, if I search the Play Store for "personal safety" or "google personal safety", I cannot find it. But, if I go to My Apps, it's there: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.safetyhub

BTW, this link works only if I am logged into the Play Store. Otherwise I get a "page not found" error.

About the app:

Personal Safety is an app for Pixel phones that helps you stay safe and connected to first responders and your emergency contacts.

- If your phone detects that you've been in a car crash, it can help reach 911 for you. Car crash detection is available in the United States.
    - Enter medical information and choose your emergency contacts. By default, this info is available when your phone is locked to help first responders.
    - With emergency sharing, you can quickly share a short message and your current location with all of your emergency contacts.
    11-13-2019 07:37 AM
    Some Google apps (this being one of them) don't surface as a stand alone application. They are instead merged into the system settings.
    11-13-2019 08:42 AM
    Some Google apps (this being one of them) don't surface as a stand alone application. They are instead merged into the system settings.
    I figured as much, but cannot find any references anywhere in Settings, either.
    11-13-2019 08:46 AM
    I figured as much, but cannot find any references anywhere in Settings, either.
    Do you have an unlocked version or carrier provided? I have an unlocked version and it's a stand alone app. That and something called Pixel tips, which is just basically a tutorial for gestures etc
    11-13-2019 09:03 AM
    I believe that app already existed and this was just an update. Part of the system apps.
    11-13-2019 09:03 AM
    Do you have an unlocked version or carrier provided? I have an unlocked version and it's a stand alone app. That and something called Pixel tips, which is just basically a tutorial for gestures etc
    Project Fi, thus unlocked.

In my app drawer, there is neither "Personal Safety" nor "Google Personal Safety".

If I search Settings for "personal safety", the only thing that comes up is the App Info page (permissions, storage & cache, etc.).

Nothing obvious in Settings -> Privacy, Accessibility, Digital wellbeing, Google, System, or Security.

But, as I said above, if I open the Play Store app and go to My apps & games -> Recently updated, it is there in the list and I can tap the Open button.

Mostly, I am just curious about this app and where to find it once it drops off the Recently Updated list.
    11-13-2019 09:13 AM
    Project Fi, thus unlocked.

In my app drawer, there is neither "Personal Safety" nor "Google Personal Safety".

If I search Settings for "personal safety", the only thing that comes up is the App Info page (permissions, storage & cache, etc.).

Nothing obvious in Settings -> Privacy, Accessibility, Digital wellbeing, Google, System, or Security.

But, as I said above, if I open the Play Store app and go to My apps & games -> Recently updated, it is there in the list and I can tap the Open button.

Mostly, I am just curious about this app and where to find it once it drops off the Recently Updated list.
    Did you get it from Fi or from the Google store? I know it's essentially the same thing, however they are still a carrier, so it might be different.

Mine just shows up as 'Safety' in the app list in my draw. It's supposed to detect a car crash and call 911, and list emergency info etc
    11-13-2019 09:23 AM
    Did you get it from Fi or from the Google store? I know it's essentially the same thing, however they are still a carrier, so it might be different.

Mine just shows up as 'Safety' in the app list in my draw. It's supposed to detect a car crash and call 911, and list emergency info etc
    I did not "get it" from anywhere. It appeared in the list of recent updates automatically downloaded overnight last evening.

But, yes, I see it now in the App Drawer as "Safety". Foolish me, searching for "Personal Safety" or "Google Personal Safety".
    11-13-2019 09:39 AM
    If you press the power button and click on emergency you can access the app from there to enter information.
    You have to enter the section on emergency information.
    11-13-2019 10:09 AM
    Does anyone have this app enabled? I've got mine disabled. Just curious. Thanks.
    03-05-2020 08:57 PM
    Does anyone have this app enabled? I've got mine disabled. Just curious. Thanks.
    Same
    kmf1 likes this.
    03-05-2020 08:59 PM
    Do you mean you disabled it or it won't enable?

On my unlocked Amazon Pixel 4XL is just shows as "Safety" in my app drawer, not "Personal Safety." It opens to access to all the related content (crash detection, emergency contacts, etc.).

It's enabled.

I do not have the March update yet.
    kmf1 likes this.
    03-06-2020 12:00 PM
    I filled out some of the information in it, but I don't have the car crash detection enabled because I don't want the location running all the time.
    kmf1 likes this.
    03-06-2020 01:30 PM