If so, no regrets?

Currently have Note 10+ white and truly love it. Would like to buy a Pixel 4 XL (addition) at some point so curious if we have any Note 10+ converters here.

Thanks for your resposes in advance!
    11-14-2019 08:17 PM
    I have both. it's a huge downgrade
    11-14-2019 08:28 PM
    I’d have to disagree it’s a huge downgrade. Might not be what you want in a phone but it’s a solid phone. Two totally different devices with completely different philosophies.
    11-14-2019 08:35 PM
    I've got both as well but not a downgrade at all. Two totally different devices and their prices reflect that. Most people don't need everything and the kitchen sink that the Note provides so the Pixel is a great device for that purpose. The Pixel definitely has a better camera if that’s what you’re looking for.
    jtcannonball likes this.
    11-14-2019 09:02 PM
    I’d have to disagree it’s a huge downgrade. Might not be what you want in a phone but it’s a solid phone. Two totally different devices with completely different philosophies.
    Is that how we are masking the short comings 🧐
    11-14-2019 09:23 PM
    I had the pixel 3 so.

Not the pixel 4.
    I got the note 10+.
    Like all the storage, memory, SD Card.
    Have no problems with the camera.

I like the note

Go to the stores..take some time.
    See how both phones operate.
    Maybe it will give you a idea.
    Even though it's not like having one for a day to play with.

Even then.
    The phones changes as you set them up for yourself.
    And use them.

Sorry but they don't make the perfect phone.

Think the note 9 and now the note 10+ has been a hit 2 yrs in a row.

The more options a phone has..
    The more things you learn to use.
    11-14-2019 09:36 PM
    I've got both as well but not a downgrade at all. Two totally different devices and their prices reflect that. Most people don't need everything and the kitchen sink that the Note provides so the Pixel is a great device for that purpose. The Pixel definitely has a better camera if that’s what you’re looking for.
    I had the pixel 3 xl before trading it for $600. I know what you mean about camera. Note 10+ is a much better phone in make other areas. I do have a soft spot for that camera. It's the only thing that is getting me to add in addition to the note that I have.
    11-14-2019 09:53 PM
    Just because it’s not the exact phone you wanted it to be doesn’t mean it’s a downgrade. Love it or dislike it but let’s not get carried away.
    11-14-2019 10:41 PM
    Any others here converted from Note 10 want to share their thoughts. I am still thinking!
    11-28-2019 12:09 AM
    Any others here converted from Note 10 want to share their thoughts. I am still thinking!
    I was playing around with the regular Note 10 and man the size is really nice. You don't even notice the lower resolution screen since Samsung makes great screens to begin with. If I had to start over I honestly would get the regular size Note over the Plus. I don't use expandable memory and could care less about the tof sensor. The Pixel 4 has been great as well. Love the more simplistic approach of the Pixel devices. If you're not going to use the SPen, DeX and all the extras Samsung adds in then the Pixel 4/XL might be a better choice for you. It's all going to come down to your personal preference.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-2019 12:20 AM
    I'm coming from the note 10. Reason why I wanted to go back to the pixel is that Google version of Android is much more enjoyable and seamless than One Ui. I'm also disappointed in the photos the note 10 takes. I couldn't stand the skin softening that Samsung is doing on their photos. With low light mixed in and any hint of movement. The photos turn into a painted mess. Anyone with kids will hate the Note 10 or s10.
    goji26 likes this.
    11-28-2019 02:36 AM
    I had Bixby and Emergency alerts turned off.

It's making my. Note 10 much more enjoyable.
    256 gb storage, and a SS card.
    12 gb ram , 4100 ah battery .
    Great charging.

Hello.

Great camera.

Sorry I ain't going nowhere right now.
    11-28-2019 04:50 AM
    I'm coming from the note 10. Reason why I wanted to go back to the pixel is that Google version of Android is much more enjoyable and seamless than One Ui. I'm also disappointed in the photos the note 10 takes. I couldn't stand the skin softening that Samsung is doing on their photos. With low light mixed in and any hint of movement. The photos turn into a painted mess. Anyone with kids will hate the Note 10 or s10.
    Yep 2 kids = Not as happy with the camera as I was with my Pixel 3 XL. you are spot on with skin color softening. That said, I like everything else more on the Note 10+. Way more. But I do have a soft spot for that pixel camera. Definitely miss it and the only reason I am even here.

The rumors around the S11 camera is insane. Seems like Samsung is cooking something big. If they do, I might just stick around with Note 10 until the Note 11 is out. I truly like all the other goodies Samsung loads up when compared to Pixel.
    Guyinbox likes this.
    11-28-2019 08:09 AM
    I sold my 10 plus a d got the 4xl. I am enjoying the 4xl more than the note myself.

I didn't need the sd card slot. Battery for me is better on the pixel than the note. The pixel is more fluid than the note in my use case.

I did like the screen on the note more than the pixel. The whole punch and screen to body ratio is better on the note. But build wise I like the pixel form factor more.

Everyone is different. Everyone enjoys something different. It just happened that I seem to enjoy using the pixel 4 XL more than I did with the note 10 plus.

Good luck deciding. Their both great devices. It really comes back to what you would enjoy more.
    11-28-2019 08:11 AM
    An interesting thread and topic. Will follow to see more responses!
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    11-28-2019 08:35 AM
    I have both phones .. it's just a different experience. It's only day 3 or so with the Pixel 4 XL but this phone is solid IMO .. I don't think battery life will be as good as my Note+ but the Pixel fast charges wireless and wired so quickly and more than enough for me to get through my days ... I love my squeeze and Google assistant. It's so fluid definitely missed it .. camera is no frills solid for me ... It takes great photos although I do miss the wide angle for both front and back pics and I don't take many videos which I prefer on my Note+.. I don't have the accidental touches as I get on occasion with the Note+.. it's just so different as I love everything the Note+ has to offer including the spen... I find myself missing the extra real estate on the Note+ .. especially when running split screen .. I don't have an issue with screen brightness on the Pixel .. love and always love how the Samsung screen pops extra for my taste .. I would carry both phones but the other line is always my iPhone Max which also does great things in different ways ... I'm happy I waited for the BF discount because as discussed here and everywhere price bang for the buck doesn't fall on the Pixel side .. Samsung has the best overall total package for trade in and perks ... I think anyone on the fence should get the phone .. you always have the return window ... I've found out long time ago that if you stop listening to reviews and experience the Pixel line first hand .. most of the negative stuff goes out the window as you use it daily ...
    hub1 and areyes1631 like this.
    11-28-2019 09:02 AM
    I had a pixel 3. Was frustrated with the battery. I decided to go for the regular Note10. I used it for a week. While I did like the size and the s pen, I struggled with the curved screen. Battery life for me was not much better than the pixel 3, even after it had learned my usage patterns. I played around with the note, making lots of adjustments (disabling bloat, using nova), but could not get a good comparison to the pixel android experience . And like others, I missed the camera. So now I have a pixel 4 xl. I'm enjoying the better battery and the pixel android experience. I think I'm going to stick with it.
    11-28-2019 09:02 AM
    I have a Note10+. Bought Pixel 4XL. Returned the Pixel. Still enjoying my Note. What I missed that made me return?

- SPen (I love making handnotes, and as a researcher I make it a lot);
    - Battery life (I don't want to begin this boring discussion again here, plenty of it in another threads but, FOR ME, Pixel's battery life was a disgrace, nothing shorter than this);
    - DEX (incredible useful at work, simply don't carry my notebook anymore; need more work to become still better, still);
    - microSD slot (I have 512GB which, together with the regular 256GB gives me an astonishing lot of space to put my emulators, videos, photos, my Documents directory, and much more... That's a world of space)
    - Screen (I missed a lot this cinema-like screen of my Note10+)

So, for me, I plan to ditch my Note only for the next one. For now. Looking forward for that Microsoft new Surface Phone, as well...
    1raygin likes this.
    11-28-2019 09:08 AM
    I had a pixel 3. Was frustrated with the battery. I decided to go for the regular Note10. I used it for a week. While I did like the size and the s pen, I struggled with the curved screen. Battery life for me was not much better than the pixel 3, even after it had learned my usage patterns. I played around with the note, making lots of adjustments (disabling bloat, using nova), but could not get a good comparison to the pixel android experience . And like others, I missed the camera. So now I have a pixel 4 xl. I'm enjoying the better battery and the pixel android experience. I think I'm going to stick with it.
    I had the pixel 3 XL.
    Went to the note 10 + .
    Also has the Samsung 5,6,7, 8+ note 9 I bought my wife.
    And I have the 10+.
    I have a encased slim armor on.
    My wife got all my old phones, till I left At&t and got her a S8+ and the note 9.
    She has small hands.
    At 1st she said something about the weight of the S8+.
    But liked the battery life so much, she forgot about the weight.

She has never said anything about the curved screen bothering her.
    It has never bothered me.
    With the encased slim armor on my note 10+.
    I never noticed it.
    What exactly is with the curved screen that bothers everybody.
    I totally don't understand.
    I both of us use the side panel too.
    1raygin likes this.
    11-28-2019 09:22 AM
    I like the curve screen feel in hand of the Note+ to further my previous comments ... there are definitely less accidental touches with case .. mainly my only gripe is when I'm on YouTube and when I carry the phone without a case it would trigger another video .. not a deal breaker just my thoughts ..
    11-28-2019 10:10 AM
    Great feedback all. I do agree with many of what has been mentioned. I honestly think Note 10+ is a MONSTER of a phone and love it. Again, camera is the one I am just slightly disappointed with because my kids constantly moving. Otherwise, the camera takes amazing pictures of still objects. And the video is amazing.

Anyway, i have had Note 8, Note 9, and Note 10 plus. I think this latest one is the best yet. So good.
    11-28-2019 10:29 AM
    I carried my note 10+ without a case.
    My big hands grab it and my fingers stick over and I have to use my fingers to hold it to take a picture.

Kids are not for any reason allowed to touch my phone.
    PERIOD.its not a toy.
    Its expensive.
    I can't live without it.
    11-28-2019 10:41 AM
    I currently have the note 10 but thinking about returning it and getting the pixel 4. The note 10 is a really really good phone but I prefer the software on the pixel 4 which is a huge deal for me. $200 off right now.
    11-28-2019 11:14 AM
    If it's about saving money.
    I wouldn't do anything.

Best Buy if you have one.
    Sells unlocked phones and will finance them just like google and the carrier.

You said the best software.

Tell me how the pixel beats the Samsung.

Pixel 4 XL vs. Galaxy Note 10: Why Samsung Beats Google | Tom's Guide
    https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/p...galaxy-note-10
    11-28-2019 11:49 AM
    It's not about who beats one or the other for me ... using them daily they both have plenty of positives... I see why each attracts different people ... there is something about using a Pixel still experience wise is solid ... Note has plenty great features and is a beast ... we are looking at two solid choices .. Android is all about choices .. let's enjoy each ..
    11-28-2019 12:01 PM
48 12