Pixel 4/Note10

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Note 10 if you want a brighter screen, samsung pay and you like the s pen. Otherwise both are great devices, but only you can decide which is better for you.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think that even at $200 off, the Pixel 4 XL costs too much. The Note 10 deal is a much sweeter deal.
Owning both, I would say that it really depends on what you value. I'm a long term, die hard, Note user, but I keep finding myself with the Pixel 4 XL in my pocket more and more. So value and what is considered a "deal" is really personal.

Two main reasons I keep picking up the Pixel, the camera and the user experience. Both phones have great cameras and I prefer video on the Note, but for everyday, quick photos, the Pixel wins for me. It's just more consistent and reliable. I am actually a huge fan of One UI, so it's not that I dislike it at all. I just really appreciate the clean, fast smooth UI of the Pixel. Again, One UI is fast and smooth as well. I just prefer more pure experience of the Pixel. Personal preference.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I own the note 10 plus and after playing with a pixel 4 there is no comparison the note has so much more going for it and the prices are coming down.

I have both phones and I reach out to my Pixel 4 XL more than my Note 10 every day. The overall Pixel 4 XL experience is so much better to me than the Note 10.

So it all depends on individual preference. As far as in terms of money, yes you get more with Note 10 in terms of specs/features no doubt. Unless someone is specifically looking for the Pixel 4 experience I will also most likely recommend Note 10 to most users.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Owning both, I would say that it really depends on what you value. I'm a long term, die hard, Note user, but I keep finding myself with the Pixel 4 XL in my pocket more and more. So value and what is considered a "deal" is really personal.

Two main reasons I keep picking up the Pixel, the camera and the user experience. Both phones have great cameras and I prefer video on the Note, but for everyday, quick photos, the Pixel wins for me. It's just more consistent and reliable. I am actually a huge fan of One UI, so it's not that I dislike it at all. I just really appreciate the clean, fast smooth UI of the Pixel. Again, One UI is fast and smooth as well. I just prefer more pure experience of the Pixel. Personal preference.
I have both phones and I reach out to my Pixel 4 XL more than my Note 10 every day. The overall Pixel 4 XL experience is so much better to me than the Note 10.

So it all depends on individual preference. As far as in terms of money, yes you get more with Note 10 in terms of specs/features no doubt. Unless someone is specifically looking for the Pixel 4 experience I will also most likely recommend Note 10 to most users.
All about personal preference. Both good phones. Had 3xl and traded it with Note 10+ few months back. Pixel 4 XL didn't have enough there to make me spend my money. So for now, Note 10+ does it for me.

Might pick one up from Swappa when they are down to $500. That's just probably 2 months away hehehehe.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have both and no doubt the note 10 is my daily driver. The cameras esp the wide angle. Oneui is great to use with a ton of customizations.

I may return my pixel 4 as I don't need a mid-range phone.

areyes1631

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
I have both and no doubt the note 10 is my daily driver. The cameras esp the wide angle. Oneui is great to use with a ton of customizations.

I may return my pixel 4 as I don't need a mid-range phone.
I went the opposite. I sold my note 10 plus today and just got the pixel 4 XL. The Note was not cutting it for me use wise.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, Google sucks big time for trade in value from year to year. Just look at what they are giving for a mint pixel 3 towards a pixel 4. It's a JOKE.

Samsung on the other hand is very generous with trade in value. Note 9 trade in or even pixel 3 trade in have you a whopping $600.

So Samsung wins there.

As for camera, If you Don't have kids they are moving around constantly when taking pics, you will be extremely happy with the Note 10+.

Lol you're exactly right. I have kids and the note 10 is a horrible camera for me. I hate Samsung slow shutter speed ans skin softening. Forget about indoor shots in the evening. Pixel 4 xl taking pics like a boss with the kids running around its totally night and day.

May 22, 2017
Visit site
I have Note 10 plus 5G at the moment but something is pulling me towards 4xl. The downside is that here in UK they only offer £70 off which means price of £759 for 64 GB version. Is mad thinking I have 512gb now plus 512 as card and already used 380gb since September:)

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my Pixel 4XL yesterday. I am bummed that the specs are not as competitive as most flagship phones at this point in the year, but I am really drawn in by the cohesive "Google" experience. My past few phones have just been fast/pretty blank canvases, and I'm wanting to try something that's a little more tailored towards a specific experience.

That said...I can't deny that I loooooooooooove well designed hardware, and the note10 is just gorgeous. When I bought my Pixel, I couldn't help look at the Note10 and feel tempted that it was just $50 more on sale right now (and with free galaxy buds). I know I don't like oneUI, but if I could make it act just like a Pixel I'd be really tempted, I just don't think I'm going to get that Google experience anywhere else. I really wish there was a way to just get both phones for a week and send one back at the end lol (I realize I could buy both and just return one, I just feel really guilty doing that...).

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I already have Note and was thinking of getting Pixel 4 for 2nd line to replace Pixel 3. I can also replace it for free, but still not sure if its worth it. At this point I have zero issues with P3 and it comes with that Google Photos deal.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered my Pixel 4XL yesterday. I am bummed that the specs are not as competitive as most flagship phones at this point in the year, but I am really drawn in by the cohesive "Google" experience. My past few phones have just been fast/pretty blank canvases, and I'm wanting to try something that's a little more tailored towards a specific experience.

That said...I can't deny that I loooooooooooove well designed hardware, and the note10 is just gorgeous. When I bought my Pixel, I couldn't help look at the Note10 and feel tempted that it was just $50 more on sale right now (and with free galaxy buds). I know I don't like oneUI, but if I could make it act just like a Pixel I'd be really tempted, I just don't think I'm going to get that Google experience anywhere else. I really wish there was a way to just get both phones for a week and send one back at the end lol (I realize I could buy both and just return one, I just feel really guilty doing that...).

I feel you. I was tempted by the Note + but my current phone that I am trading in for my Pixel 4 XL is an S9. I've spent the whole time trying to "Pixelize" my S9. There are a ton of options to customize a Samsung phone to make it look like any brand of phone. I am ready to make the change to the Pixel experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan