paint chipping

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So I Saw a post on Reddit about the paint chipping around the strip where the glass meets. I pulled my case off just out of curiosity and sure enough I have a very small section of chipped paint showing metal. Probably were my case has scraped it. Anyone else notice this?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to paint chipped in the black bumper? I just removed my Google fabric case which by the way I remove often when I'm at home or laying in bed and feel like holding the phone without a case. I don't see any chips or signs of potential damage. I inspected the entire phone too.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So I Saw a post on Reddit about the paint chipping around the strip where the glass meets. I pulled my case off just out of curiosity and sure enough I have a very small section of chipped paint showing metal. Probably were my case has scraped it. Anyone else notice this?
Have a picture? Or link to Reddit that has pics?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
his damage looks like mine, I can't post a picture because no one else is home lol
That's what I suspected you meant, nope nothing here and I remove my case on/off almost everyday. I use the Google fabric case 95% of the time and once in a while I also use the Spigen clear case and nothing here. That sucks I'd open a Google case if you are on Google Fi.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Well that's exactly what that Jerry guy on YouTube said, **** poor design. Paint chipping and bent phones next

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine is chipping in the back bottom edge/left corner. I figured it was because I don't use a case and that it might of rubbed up against something in my pocket.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine was chipping/peeling just like the Reddit photo, and Google replaced it with a new (NIB) one after I had sent in pictures

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Reached out to Google for a screen issue I've been experiencing and at first they wanted me to go to my local ubreakifix location to have the screen replaced but when I also told them about the paint chipping they decided to just send me a replacement device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781