I have mentioned this issue in the past and many people have chimed in that they had the same issue.

At first (after clearing cache, updating the app, or updating the OS) you are able to use the chrome menu to 'add shortcut to home screen' and it works just fine.....for a time or two, then it completely stops.

The fix i have is this. Reboot into safe mode (long press on reboot when you long press the home button). Once in safe mode, add a shortcut like you normally would.

Now, when you reset back into normal, non-safe mode, your functionality will be 100% restored.

It's been working for days for me now!
    strikeIII likes this.
    11-25-2019 01:54 PM
    That says that some app you've installed is preventing it from putting shortcuts on the homescreen. (Safe mode only boots normally, but without any of the apps you've installed.)
    11-25-2019 04:23 PM
    That says that some app you've installed is preventing it from putting shortcuts on the homescreen. (Safe mode only boots normally, but without any of the apps you've installed.)
    Normally I'd say you are 100% correct, but if it was a rogue app, the odd behavior would come back after booting. normally.
    11-25-2019 04:27 PM