Pixel 4. Nfc

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

New pixel 4 error . nfc tag not supported. I cant use nfc on new pixel 4 . tryed restart updates etc

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
This was a big problem with 3 from what I read with more tecent ones about the 4. It's not been resolved. I don't know how common the issue is, either. I would probably return the device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly that kind of tag isn't supported. (An NFC tag is a subset of RFID devices - if you put the wrong kind of RFID device near the phone [there are a few different standards and frequencies], that's the error you'll get.) (You can get cellphone compatible tags for under 15 cents each if you look on eBay. You can get a package of 18 for US$2.27.)

Last edited:

Loud_YJ

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Possibly that kind of tag isn't supported. (An NFC tag is a subset of RFID devices - if you put the wrong kind of RFID device near the phone [there are a few different standards and frequencies], that's the error you'll get.) (You can get cellphone compatible tags for under 15 cents each if you look on eBay. You can get a package of 18 for US$2.27.)

Heck I was just trying to send a picture out of my gallery from my other droid

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
It's there in settings of my pixel 4 xlView attachment 313651
I'm not sure if this setting is just for Google pay services or if it works with NFC tags as well. But for transferring pictures, websites, YouTube videos, contacts, etc like the good ole days Google unfornately disabled it. Testing my pixel 3 and 4 with my s10 shows no results transferring any data but with my Nexus 6p and s10 Android beam still works. They are working on a new airdrop style feature to replace it but they should have dropped Android beam once the new method was ready. That's Google for ya.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if this setting is just for Google pay services or if it works with NFC tags as well. But for transferring pictures, websites, YouTube videos, contacts, etc like the good ole days Google unfornately disabled it. Testing my pixel 3 and 4 with my s10 shows no results transferring any data but with my Nexus 6p and s10 Android beam still works. They are working on a new airdrop style feature to replace it but they should have dropped Android beam once the new method was ready. That's Google for ya.
It works , i send a file from pixel 4 xl to note 10 + just choose share Bluetooth send Screenshot_20191130-202020.jpg

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
oh yeah transferring through Bluetooth still works. just activating the Bluetooth via the NFC tag is what was disabled. so putting both devices next to each like the OP did is not going to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty