Is 64Gb Enough?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wait 128 is excessive?
No, not at all, at least not for me.
I'm making a general statement that could apply to any size. It's always good to have extra unless you know for certain that it well exceeds your needs. I'm in the 256 camp with my Note 10. The S10 I use for work is 512 but that was the minimum size for ceramic.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No, not at all, at least not for me.
I'm making a general statement that could apply to any size. It's always good to have extra unless you know for certain that it well exceeds your needs. I'm in the 256 camp with my Note 10. The S10 I use for work is 512 but that was the minimum size for ceramic.

Ah same. 256 for me on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Man I still hate that name lol

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
64g? Absolutely not. My phone is the convergence of all of my listening activities, which means it holds my podcast library and my music collection. I have no intentions upon being dependent upon streaming and data usage when carriers incessantly raise rates and change the rules. I want my media local. That means lots of internal storage and generally at least a 256g if not larger sdcard, preferrably 400g. I suspect I am unusual in that regard. As a phone tester I was always clamoring for more storage and the manufacturers were insisting "users don't care." I do care. Lack of removable storage and tiny space like 64g is a non-starter for me.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
How much storage you need depends on how you use your phone. I have a Pixel 4XL with 64gig and don't even use half the space. My phone backs up to the cloud automatically, so I periodically delete my photos with a tap in Google Photos. My apps automatically back up.

I don't know what Apple would have that's better than Google's cloud storage solution, but I never bought into any of their iPhone stuff.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How much storage you need depends on how you use your phone. I have a Pixel 4XL with 64gig and don't even use half the space. My phone backs up to the cloud automatically, so I periodically delete my photos with a tap in Google Photos. My apps automatically back up.

I don't know what Apple would have that's better than Google's cloud storage solution, but I never bought into any of their iPhone stuff.

You can use Google apps/services on iPhone.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 11 is 64Gb model and it shows 30Gb used. My Note 10+ shows over 120Gb used and I have all the same APPS and Google photos etc.

My guess is caching... Usually that's configured to store temp files based on available space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance