Pixel Imperfect: Inside 4 generations of flawed Google phones

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ummu8IRbKNw

Excellent video by Alex Dobie covering the history of the Nexus/Pixel line. Brings up some really excellent points regarding the software being great, but hardware just not being up to par and every generation of Pixel has been compromised in some way.

Pixels are perpetually the 'maybe next year they'll get it right' phone.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Even if they make the perfect phone (which is different for everyone), I'm pretty sure the tech blog wants the controversy so that they can milk the content for few months at least

Sure it's not perfect, but the amount of scrutiny Pixel gets is unbelievable compared to every other phones which gets easy pass. Anyway I'm sure Google will obviously make next year better but I can guarantee it'll have it's own set of compromises like any other year and any other phone.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Did my own review based on using every Pixel released to date. They are not perfect, nor am I, nor is anybody. End of review.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Did my own review based on using every Pixel released to date. They are not perfect, nor am I, nor am anybody. End of review.
I only had the 2XL and 3XL, but None of the overblown issues mentioned in the video.
The only reason I avoided the 4 series is because of the great trade in deal on the Note 10. I'll wait for the 5 to see what it brings.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I only had the 2XL and 3XL, but None of the overblown issues mentioned in the video.
The only reason I avoided the 4 series is because of the great trade in deal on the Note 10. I'll wait for the 5 to see what it brings.

We may not see another deal like that for awhile.