So, I'm just wondering: has anyone - especially Google Fi people - reached out to Google to complain about having paid full price for their new Pixel 4 / 4XL only to miss out on a precipitous price cut just a few weeks later?

If so, how did that work out for you? Did Google offer an additional credit on your account?
    12-06-2019 09:42 AM
    So, I'm just wondering: has anyone - especially Google Fi people - reached out to Google to complain about having paid full price for their new Pixel 4 / 4XL only to miss out on a precipitous price cut just a few weeks later?

If so, how did that work out for you? Did Google offer an additional credit on your account?
    Google will not care. Black Friday isn't a new thing. If it's late October and you know BF is 30 days or less away, it would make too much sense to wait and see what deals are going to be available, or minimally taking the time to see what was offered in years prior. Google/Carriers have been doing this for several years. There has also been a frequently updated black Friday thread on here since Nov 3rd.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-06-2019 10:01 AM
    If you buy a car and find they offered better incentives 3 weeks later do you go back asking for those new incentives? Buying a phone on release date is a risk you take on the price, especially that close to a time of year when really good deals are likely to happen.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-06-2019 10:01 AM
    They're not going to do anything. Especially since, like the others have said, they and others do this every year. That's why numerous people in the black Friday thread said they were waiting this year instead of jumping on to buy release day.

If you buy anything, toasters, TV's, phones, in November, your taking the risk of not getting a black Friday sale price.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-06-2019 11:38 AM
    We all know the price is what it is when we buy the phone. We all know BF deals are coming, so if we pay more earlier, it is on us.
    I've checked prices, pre-order and BF, at Best Buy, Google Fi, and Google Store and they seem to be a moving target. Google Fi and Google Store prices don't even match at times. Trying to get a Customer Service Rep for any vendor to give truthful info about what deal pricing may be is almost impossible. I was told buy a BB rep that BF prices would take effect 11/28, turn out they took affect 11/24.

This is my opinion, and only my opinion, I approve this post. The rest of you will have to get your own opinions.
    12-06-2019 12:55 PM
    Given that Googles historical release date for Pixel line is so close to BF, it's just insane to buy one at launch. We're two years into this sales strategy so it's almost certain to happen again next year.

If you want to buy one at launch, that's your choice. But don't expect Google to retroactively give you a discount.
    bhatech, ezdoit and J Dubbs like this.
    12-07-2019 09:49 AM