RCS on Pixel 4xl on T-Mobile?

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have RCS on T-Mobile with 4xl? It works with Google Fi on my 4xl and it works with both my 3 and 3xl on T-Mobile. I have been reviewing different forums and can't yet find anyone with 4xl on T-Mobile with RCS - anyone have it?

I have done all the standard things, cleared cache, storage on CS and M. Latest versions. Reboot, wi-fi on and off, etc.

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Like I said in my post, I have CS installed, latest version. I checked and standard permission are granted. Do you have 4xl on T-Mobile working with RCS?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Like I said in my post, I have CS installed, latest version. I checked and standard permission are granted. Do you have 4xl on T-Mobile working with RCS?
Sorry, didn't realize that's what you meant by CS. Also didn't know what you meant by M. That being said, no, I don't have a 4xl. Was just trying to help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did not mean to come off as rude, just trying to gather facts for the T-Mobile network with 4xl.
I have my unlocked 4xl on tmobile working RCS, If you didn't get it can use activity launcher to trigger it then delete it afterwards.

Last edited:

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have unlocked 4xl on T-Mobile too. Mine wouldn't update so I forced it with activity launcher like Mustang7757 did then uninstalled activity launcher.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have installed "Activity Launcher", but how do I use this to make RCS work?
Once you open activity launcher scroll to message app and tap >set RCS flag tap> you should have my screenshot window tap apply and check in messages if it trigger itScreenshot_20191216-093347.jpeg

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - this puts me on the right track, RCS was in the process of setting up, but then it just disappeared and reverted to not showing "Chat features unavailable for this device" again. The "OTP Pattern" selection never seems to save in the RCS settings. I'll try going through the steps from the different articles again - RCS on T-Mobile definitely does not like my phone. I have tried with and without WiFi and also going through multiple variations of dumping data, cache, revert updates, and force stop both for Messages and Carrier services in different orders and different reboot patterns.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks - this puts me on the right track, RCS was in the process of setting up, but then it just disappeared and reverted to not showing "Chat features unavailable for this device" again. The "OTP Pattern" selection never seems to save in the RCS settings. I'll try going through the steps from the different articles again - RCS on T-Mobile definitely does not like my phone. I have tried with and without WiFi and also going through multiple variations of dumping data, cache, revert updates, and force stop both for Messages and Carrier services in different orders and different reboot patterns.
Yeah OTP usually i put in again as it doesn't save, let us know how it goes later .

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get to the blue screen in messages ... "Excuse the wait ... Messages will let you know when this step is complete ... GOT IT". I had to add in an extra step that I found in another thread, when you get to the Messages app and hit "Force Quit" ... you then go to the 3 dots and uninstall updates ... then reinstall Messages ... then I got the notification when I reopened Messages that lead me to the blue update screen. I then went to settings and Chat features and waited while the app tried to verify my phone number, after many minutes with nothing happening, I hit "retry" and that was the first time that the Messages app asked for my phone number which I entered and then chose continue. I have been waiting for about 20 minutes to verify my phone number ... I guest we will see if this finally works. So far it is just stuck at verifying my number with "retry" grayed out. I'll report back if it works.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was able to get to the blue screen in messages ... "Excuse the wait ... Messages will let you know when this step is complete ... GOT IT". I had to add in an extra step that I found in another thread, when you get to the Messages app and hit "Force Quit" ... you then go to the 3 dots and uninstall updates ... then reinstall Messages ... then I got the notification when I reopened Messages that lead me to the blue update screen. I then went to settings and Chat features and waited while the app tried to verify my phone number, after many minutes with nothing happening, I hit "retry" and that was the first time that the Messages app asked for my phone number which I entered and then chose continue. I have been waiting for about 20 minutes to verify my phone number ... I guest we will see if this finally works. So far it is just stuck at verifying my number with "retry" grayed out. I'll report back if it works.
If it still gets hung up on trying verify the number just force close message app and try again

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I spent an hour with Google ... no luck .. then joint Google and T-Mobile tech support (but they did not even know what RCS was). I am waiting for a call back from another T-Mobile tech ... I always get to the final step, but my phone number is never verified.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Finally solved the problem ... The new scam text blocking feature on Pixel phones from Google blocks the short message codes from T-Mobile from verifying your phone number during final RCS set-up. T-Mobile called me back and provided me the following short codes for turning off scam blocking.

#634# dial - Turn off Scam ID
#632# dial - Turn off Scam Block

My phone number instantly connected once I entered these codes.

Remember to turn back on the scam blocking once you have RCS on with the following codes.

#664# Turn on Scam ID
#662# Turn on Scam Block

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084